|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Relax into nature and all of the blessings of Hawaii at PapaLani Farm (which means Heavenly Earth Mother in Hawaiian). We are located 30 miles south of Kailua Kona…
• Serene 13+ acre organic avocado and macnut farm with an abundance of tropical fruit trees, veggies, herbs, flowers & berries.
• Perfect year-round climate, at 1600 ft. above sea level on the side of Mauna Loa Volcano (the most massive, active volcano on Planet Earth!).
• Savor the seclusion and quiet, away from the crowds and resorts.
• 4 miles from the closest place to jump in the ocean
• 15-minutes to Ho'okena Beach State Park for sunbathing and swimming with dolphins
• 20-minute drive brings you to the famous Pu'uhonua o'Honaunau (Place of Refuge) National Historic Park and Kealakekua Bay where you can kayak to Captain Cook's monument and snorkel with an endless variety of tropical fish and sea turtles & dolphins.
• 65 miles from Madame Pele's live action at Volcanos National Park
• 12 miles from KulaKai Caverns and Manuka State Park.
• Light hiking on the property where you can enjoy seeing all sorts of Hawaii's wildlife and plants.
• Explore the 30+ variety of fruit, nut trees & berries while at PapaLani, much of which is available for purchase during your visit, as well as fresh eggs from the chickens.
• If interested, you can learn how to become more sustainable… We practice vermiculture (worms), raising chickens, permaculture, Korean Natural Farming, composting, mulching, solar, water catchment, and more.
• Find a nice place to meditate & relax.
• Nikki is the land owner. She fully respects your privacy. She is happy to provide info about the farm, things to do, places to go, etc.
• The farm is a working organic farm, therefore farm work may be occurring during your stay, but again, your privacy is fully respected.
The Eco-cottage was built December 2012, with a combination of in and outdoor living…
• Outdoor living
• Covered outdoor kitchen with necessities to cook meals (full fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, dishes, utensils, blender, coffee-maker)
• Covered outdoor bamboo walled shower with viewing space to gaze at the stars with an evening shower.
• Composting toilet.
• 2 large bedrooms with separate entrances so you can rent one space or both:
• One room has a queen bed
• One room has bunk bed with full and twin mattresses.
• Large lanai (covered porch) with an ocean and farm view.
• In the winter time it can get cool at this elevation morning and night. A propane heater is available, but be sure to bring heavy socks or slippers and a thick sweatshirt or fleece.
• Everything is kept clean and tidy although it is mostly outdoors so there are geckos, creepy crawlers, and insects around.
• High speed internet and long distance phone services are provided.
• Full range of discounted spa services available on site for guests.
• Beach chairs, towels, & coolers available.
• Snorkel equipment available for $25/week.
• Our water source is 100% rainwater caught from the roof of our home and stored in catchment tanks. County water is made available to you in the kitchen for drinking.
• We have solar panels which are hooked to the grid right now to provide some of the electric.
Aloha I'm Nikki. PapaLani Farms has been a labor of love since 2003 for me. I have been doing body work since 1990 and have owned and operated spas ever since. If you would like to set up your stay as a retreat/cleanse just let me know in advance and we can make that happen.
Nikki Spencer purchased this cottage in 2003
I purchased this farm because i am interested in creating a sustainable life & peaceful country living. I love to know where my food is coming from and be involved in the process. I like being away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the cycles of the moon. The farm is spacious and private and offers endless opportunities.
I enjoy the fruit trees, gardening, herbs, vermiculture, raising chickens, making mulch/compost, creating a beautiful and safe environment for people to explore themselves and their connection with nature.
Nikki was the most awesome host, she let my wife and son feel as if the were the farmers, harvesting avocados and bananas!! The cabin was excellent, I especially loved the open air kitchen and shower!!!!
Can't wait to return!!! MAHALO Nikki !
David and family!
We very much enjoyed our stay. It is a rustic experience as all the spaces are outdoors except for the bedroom. The kitchen is well equipped with dishes. The out house is the best I have ever experienced as it is well aired.
Quiet and peaceful environment. Two-Step beach is about 30 minutes away and kayak landing to the Captain Cook statue is about 40 minutes away. We recommend getting your groceries on your way to the cottage as groceries are at least 30 minutes away.
Papalani farm is "Earth Mother Heaven" as the name states. there are a multitude of tropical trees, plants, and birds, The cottage is well maintained, clean and has everything one would need. I love the indoor safety while sleeping and the outdoor nature for the rest of the time. It is wel stationed between Kailua-Kona and Volcano and very close to the 4 best snorkel spots on the island. i highly recommend it.
Staying at Papalani Farm was the best choice we made in our trip. If you don't like crowds and want solitude, this is for you. Great location: not too far from Volcanoes National Park, close to Captain Cook. What a delight to wake up to birds singing. We booked the Eco cottage to ourselves and it made it more romantic as it gave us privacy.
Loved everything about it. Especially the outdoor shower looking out to the forest!
Would return anytime!
I've only just left Papalani Farm, but am already thinking of a way to get back. The place is gorgeous. Wake up to birds chirping and take a short ride to the beach! Wonderful place to relax and decompress. Wifi, outdoor showers, and a kitchen were included with our room. Just an overall great experience.
We had a lovely stay at Papalani. It is clean and private with everything you need for your stay. We would certainly recommend this place to our friends.
It might not be great for high-maintenance kids, there is not a lot to do on the property...but if you are looking at places like this you are not interested in the resort chaos of vacationing.
Make sure you have some avocado, they will put mainland avos to shame.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest|
|linen fee extra person||$20 + Tax|
|cleaning per room||$40 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$125|
2 people can rent the whole cottage for $88/night or 2 people can rent just one of the rooms for only $66/night -with possible neighbor & share a kitchen/bath or rent the cottage for up to 4 people for $109 and additional people $20/night. christmas/ny week $20 extra/night.
please specify your preference in your request &/or call me if you are confused 808-328-0181 (Hawaii time zone).
Some things you can enjoy in the area within a very short drive include:
swimming with the dolphins in 4 bays, hiking at Manuka State Park or on the property, Hiking to Honomolino Beach where Elvis made the movie 'girls, girls, girls' is only 4 miles drive away. There south point, green sand beach, black sand beach, golfing, snorkeling at the best spots in Hawaii, Kayaking, coffee farm tours & Kulakai Caverns where you can go into some super large lava tubes.