Beautiful 2 Bedroom Private Apartment
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Nice apartment, bit of a commute
This apartment was very comfortable with restaurants/groceries within a half mile or so walk or short bus ride. It is an hour long bus ride into central London, or about 40 minutes if you walk to the Gipsy Hill Rail and ride the train to Victoria Station. It's a hilly area. Good value all considered.
Overall a great place!
We spent 10 nights here while visiting from the US. There were 2 kids & 2 adults.
-very spacious and bright apartment
- Nice kitchen
- bus stops right on the street
- quiet area, complex
- Crystal palace/Gipsy hill have some good restaurants and even delivery
- Caffe Luna down the hill has delicious coffee, nice people (even remembered my order) and great internet.
- Awful internet, it wasn't working more than it actually was. This made it extremely difficult to communicate with people back home and get our necessary work done. Let alone trying to see where we need to go/what to do/eat, etc. We would send one text and then it would go out, or be trying to order tickets and it would go out, or be on the phone and it would go out. So frustrating.
- No freezer - not a huge thing but would have come in handy a time or two
- Kitchen has pots/pans/dishes/glasses/etc but nothing else. There wasn't even salt. We would have cooked much more but having to buy all those things would have made it nearly as expensive as going out. So we didn't bother. We were able to have breakfast in and get takeaway which helped a little. A few spices, some oils would help a ton!
- Perhaps it's a US thing but other places we've stayed provide some sort of welcoming basket for guests (water, snacks, maps, things to do, etc) or at least a check-in from the owner. There wasn't any of that, Again, not a huge deal but we traveled a very long way and the little extra touches are always nice. Our final communication before arrival contained a little info but since we didn't know the area at all and could rarely use the internet, it wasn't super helpful. We also got the impression the owners didn't want to be bothered unless there was an emergency. There was a phone number for a manager, but since we couldn't use our phones half the time we couldn't call it.
- Only one towel per a person for 10 nights, yes there was laundry but no soap for it so we had to get that. Also, only bath towels, no hand towels, dish towels, washcloths, nothing. Again, maybe that's a US thing. We just used a lot of paper towels!
- The shower is very finicky, it was either too hot or too cold most of the time and would change frequently throughout the shower. I could never get it just right.
Overall, we had a great visit and it was nice to come back to a comfortable place at the end of everyday. We loved our time in London. Thank you!
Thank you for your stay Jennifer and I am glad the home was comfortable. It is a beautiful apartment in a lovely parklike surround so nice to come back to after the hussle of London. With regard to your comments. I live in Australia and hence it is difficult to check you in personally. However our properties are managed by a very helpful lady who lives very close by. If there was anything you required you only had to call the number on your check in details. There should certainly have been more towels; perhaps an oversight. Our internet is provided by sky which is a major provider and I have not had an issue before but will look into why it was cutting in and out. Our plumbing is new as Im sure you could tell the bathroom was newly installed. We have not had previous problems. Hope to see you again. Warm regards and I certainly do not mind being bothered with any issue at anytime. Kind regards Yolanda
Clean, spacious, well-located, great apartment, highly recommended
We would stay here again.
Nice property, more spacious than the pictures make out.
Had a lovely trip to London. This provided a good base for spending the day in town. Comfortable beds and enough space to flop down after a long day.
appartement spacieux mais ancien
Grand appartement en périphérie sud de Londres
A 10 min à pied de la station Crystal Palace qui permet ensuite d'être dans le centre de Londres en 30 min
L'appartement est spacieux mais un peu ancien. Cuisine pratique mais pas très propre, notamment frigo sale. Salle de bains avec une petite baignoire qu'il est difficile d'utiliser en douche. Manque de rideau dans les chambres pour couper la lumière et bien dormir le matin
L'appartement est quand même bien, mais dommage que ces détails ne soient pas réglés
Les canapés dans le salon ne font pas lit
Wirklich schöne Wohnung in ruhiger Lage
Diese Informationen waren exakt so, wie nötig, um für ein paar schöne und erlebnisreiche Tage in London din nötige Basis zu haben.