|Space||850 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
This cozy 1940's sunny Cottage served as the Architect owner's home while he designed and built his new home in 2006 on the nearby footprint of a historic home lost to a fire in 1970. Accessed by a quiet one-lane alley, it is within a 10 min walk through this great neighborhood to our vibrant downtown and UNCA. Also within a mile to the Interstate, YMCA, Grocery stores and dozens of restaurants, microbreweries and coffee shops.
Wood floors and windows, under mature trees, and surrounded by lush landscaping in a neighborhood full of lovingly restored homes and B&B's.
Fully equipped kitchen (DW, utensils, pots/pans, etc.), W/D, queen plus 2 twin beds, 2 sets of linens, comforters, desk, satellite TV, wireless internet, and all utilities included. Private 12mb wireless network is shared with my adjacent carriage house.
The Cottage is on one level, includes a gas log fireplace, vaulted ceilings and skylights, a side porch with gas grille, and a nice secluded lawn with chairs.
7 DAY MIN stay, unless you see gaps between reservations in the calendar. Perfect for relocations, or rented along with the adjacent Carriage House (Homeaway #139941) with family or friends coming to town for a group vacation. Parking for one car in front of the cottage, with shared additional space in front of the carriage house. The alleyway and driveway are narrow, so larger vehicles will be tight.
Architect and single parent of two college age boys, I am active in local issues, vice president of the neighborhood association, active in sports, avid biker. I live and work next door.
Michael McDonough purchased this house in 2002
Perfect blend of privacy and convenience.
Stayed here for two months this spring. Loved it. Perfect location, close to everything. Cottage well equipped, and owner family was very attentive to our needs. Very clean. Difficult parking, but doable. Two great restaurants steps away.
Pros for the cottage:
1) Location 5 stars. Being able to walk downtown or to Harris Teeter or Trader Joe's was amazing. It was especially helpful when there was a foot of snow on the ground and cars were snowed in. Plus the Montford area was wonderful to walk through.
2) Cottage itself 4 stars. It was very comfortable and the furnishings were good. Overall it was in a quiet area. And it was very clean.
1) Parking 1 star. I give it one star because there is off street parking. However it is very tough to get in and out of the parking area. I had a compact SUV and as careful as I was (and I was VERY careful) I scrapped my bumper. A much smaller car might be fine. Also there are only 3 spaces. One for each unit and an extra. When I was there there were two cars at the carriage house so no extra space for visitors.
2) When I was there the cottage was missing a coffee maker and tea kettle. I brought my own. There was a small French press.
3) Dog barking - for those sensitive to dog barking there are 3 dogs 2 houses down and when they are out they are barking loudly. Also the owner had what I call a yapper - a small dog with an annoyingly loud bark. It would come out all hours of the day and night and run to the fence by the cottage and bark at nothing.
4) Wireless - it was fast but shared between the two units. If the other unit was using something bandwidth intensive like Netflix the wireless slowed down to a crawl. There was a backup wireless that was much slower but when the faster wireless network was down for a big chunk of time this slow link was used by both units and by someone at the main house. It was very slow at times too.
Would I stay here again? No the parking is too difficult to use. It might be OK with a much smaller car.
Would I recommend this to others? No
My husband and I stayed here for a month, with our 3 year old son. It was very quiet, comfortable and had everything we needed. Greenlife and Trader Joe's are within walking distance, and there are plenty of parks and trails nearby. The location is perfect for getting to know Asheville. Everything was clean and cozy, and the owner was very helpful. I'd definitely recommend this rental!
My husband and I spent the month of October in this wonderful cottage. The decor was cozy and comfortable. The kitchen had everything you could possibly need. Very quiet location. Great wifi. Easy walk to downtown. In beautiful historic district. There are restaurants nearby and groceries just a few blocks away. We have been traveling full time for nearly two years (renting as we go) and this was our favorite place to date. I would highly recommend this rental.
My husband, daughter and I stayed here over a long holiday weekend. The house was very convenient to all Asheville has to offer and was very nicely appointed. Mike, the owner, was easy to get a hold of when we had questions. We would definitely stay here again.
We were so fortunate to find this Montford rental home for our transition to Asheville. It was up to date, modern, and conveniently located within the city of Asheville. The home is tastefully decorated and was very comfortable for my husband and I and our two young sons while we looked for a home to purchase. We're so thankful the cottage was available as we made our transition to Asheville. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a convenient, comfortable rental home in Asheville. We enjoyed our stay tremendously!
Within walking distance to UNCA, Downtown, Grocery stores, restaurants.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 2017 - May 31 2017
30 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
$400 damage deposit
ask about multiple month discount
$400 damage deposit confirms reservation. Half of month fee is due 60 days prior to arrival
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.