|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Our spacious studios and apartments are in two buildings, #48 and #52. We offer affordable lodging located in a lovely, lush, and peaceful neighborhood on the North Shore of Maui.
Our Maui vacation rentals are a perfect spot for your headquarters for surfing, kiting, or windsurfing, romantic get-aways or family adventures. After a long day of sun, surf and exploration, relax in our shaded garden or on your private lanai. Make Puu Koa Palms your home away from the crowds of the large tourist hotels and enjoy the real Hawaiian island lifestyle.
Note: Price of studios and 1-bedrooms vary.
I have been living on Maui for the past few decades and an avid windsurfer and surfer. I am happy to assist you for every step of your Maui Holiday. We speak Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and English. We can help you to rent a car, find sport equipments, take surf or windsurf lessons and to discover Maui's beauty.
Stefano Maffini purchased this house in 2004
Puu Koa Palms is one of the few legal vacations rentals on the Maui North Shore. The property is a simple, clean, and comfortable place to make your home base while on Maui.
We are located close to many local vendors and the best surf/kite/windsurf spots on Maui. It is five minutes away from Ho'okipa Beach Park and from central Haiku.
It could have been cleaner. The stairs leading to the suits upstairs were very duty and never cleaned in the whole 10 days we were there. The shelf in the shower was caked with old soap. Not just soap scum, but soap that was thick enough to scrape off. And a black body scrubber, I'm guessing it was, was left in the shower. The stove, microwave and coffee maker definitely need replacing! Only a couple buttons worked on the microwave. But maybe most of the people that stay there don't cook where they stay. And you may want to pack earplugs since the walls are paper thin. Other then that, the bed was very comfortable and we had a nice stay.
We arrived pretty late on Maui last week and it was good that the owner had sent us an email with a full descrption about how to find the keys - sad though that he can't evenmake time to say Hi to his guests in person. We had the downstairs studio and were rather disappointed than happy.
1. The bathroom door locked itself a couple of times - you could then only open it with a bobby pin or a special spray (brought by the housekeeper the next morning - so we had to wait over night to be able to enter the bathroom again and then always used a hairpin. The studio is not in a good condition, the furniture is pretty old and run-down.
2. The mattress from the futon was super sagging and very uncomfortable.
3. Worst of all was the shower - neither me nor my parents had showered one time during our 3 night stay. Yes, the apartment might be a bit older and 80s style, and a shower may also be rusty, but it still can be clean - and it wasn't. There were hairs, stains and other indefineable dirt pieces in it, so we preferred to shower at the beach (no joke). We are absolutely not picky and are also okay to shower with our flip flops on when needed, but that shower was the worst of all our trips, none of us wanted to use it.
4. Some living cockroaches we found under the bed and below the kitchen sink.
5. Knifes and forks in the kitchen had stains - we used plastic cutlery from Wholefoods instead.
Over all, I can't recommend the apartment. It is a good location and okay for a night or two, but we felt like we had to wash everything before we use it and that was really sad cause it didn't make us feel home or comfortable - we spent our nights there, but that pretty much was it. If you have the budget, rather spend 20-30 bucks more on a proper vacation rental.
It would have been a little nicer if they had a stove and fridge that didn't happen to have to go to the dump just the basics could be renewed within the suite fans in all the rooms would be good in order to be able to stay in the suite as it was upstairs and even hotter was not having the aloha feeling at all😣
Puu Koa Palms is located in the lush and rural North Shore community of Haiku, 20 minutes from the Kahului airport. We are only 5 minutes away from Ho'okipa beach park, the world famous windsurfing, kite surfing and surf beach. We are also conveniently close to Haiku and Paia town centers, both communities with great local restaurants, shopping boutiques, markets, and night life.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
No money refund for cancellation under 30 days, only credit refund for future booking.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.