Georgetown Jewel is in a stately 1875 row house on a tree lined street in the heart of Georgetown’s East Village. This large 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment features 1200 SF of living space with advanced technology for work and your entertainment pleasure; Smart TV with cable service, strong WIFI and a Sonos Home Audio System. While quite modern, the space incorporates the original working 1875 fireplace, 8 foot ceilings and half a dozen Swarovski crystal light fixtures (thus the name “Jewell”). From the apartment you can walk to the dozens of restaurants, cafes and bistros and boutique shops that line Wisconsin Blvd. Leave your car at home, our location has the following transportation scores: Walkability: 97, Transit: 75, Bikeability: 87. Hop on the MetroBus at the stop across the street and enjoy a ride through historic Georgetown and DuPont Circle en route to the National Mall. You will have a full (though compact) kitchen and a washer / dryer.
** Apartment ENTRANCE is down the stairs and the keyless entry is after you open the storm door!**
• Washer/Dryer in apartment
• Full bath with tub
• Full kitchen with gas stove
• Smart TV with Cable
• 3 exits
• Fireplace (non-working)
• Professionally decorated
Georgetown is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Washington, DC and because of its prime location on the Potomac River served as a major port and commercial center during colonial times. Among its lovely tree lined streets you will find the stately historic homes of the wealthy merchants who made their fortunes in this former tobacco port. Today, Georgetown is a vibrant community with lots of upscale shopping and restaurants along its cobblestone streets.
The location is marvelous, walk a mere three blocks to the wonderful cafes, coffee houses, restaurants and shops that line the main commercial street of Georgetown, M Street. To name just a few diversions, within a short walk you can…
• Visit museums and galleries - Phillips Collection, Society of the Cincinnati
• Walk along the lovely C&O Canal or the recently renovated Georgetown Waterfront.
• Dine at some of Washington’s finest restaurants – Fiola Mare, 1789
• Pick up farm fresh produce at the farmers market – Rose Park
• Stroll through fabulous historic gardens – Tudor Place and Dumbarton Oaks
• Take a swim – Francis Pool
• Enjoy live jazz – Blues Alley
• Pick up a delicious meal and nice bottle of wine to go – Dean and Deluca
• Splurge on a cupcake – Georgetown Cupcakes aka DC Cupcakes.
Walkability Index: 94, Transit Score: 75, Bike Score: 87
You can find numerous city buses plying Wisconsin Blvd and M St to take you where you need to go. Alternatively, you can walk 10 blocks to reach one of two Metro stations.
• DuPont Circle Metro Station - Red Line
• Foggy Bottom Metro Station – Blue, Orange, Silver lines
Visit the Metro website Trip Planner to plan your travel throughout the city.