This serene sanctuary is the perfect place to escape while staying in our enchanted old city. Our home was recently renovated, with simplicity and practicality as guidelines, using natural and soft materials to create a warm and calming atmosphere. During the renovation we respected many of the original features such as space arrangement and the original losa criolla. You will surround yourself with our collection of carefully curated objects, which we have a personal connection with. Many of which are designed and manufactured by us or fellow local crafters.
This one bedroom apartment sleeps 4 guest comfortably, features a queen sized bed in the bedroom and one sofa bed in the living space. You will enjoy quite and serene nights that will prepare you for your next adventure. Drink your morning coffee or tea looking out the window to see the beautiful tropical flora that grows in our intimate garden.
Our home is located in La Puntilla Neighbourhood very unique in that it is located at walking distance from all the activities yet very calm for its mainly residential. Our neighbourhood was once part of the Spanish Naval Defense. Right across from our home is El Antiguo Arsenal de La Marina, built during the Spanish American War, it housed munitions and weaponry, and the workshop where Spain’s armada was built and maintained. In the present, El Arsenal de La Marina, is an Art Gallery - show casing various exhibitions by contemporary Puertorrican artist. Also located in our neighbourhood is the U.S. Coast Guard Base, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and government owned car park, which offers the best hourly rates in Old San Juan.
You will be captivated with Old San Juan's architecture, history, landscape and how everything coexist with events that take place in a contemporary small city. It’s truly the perfect place to escape. There is something for everyone to see and enjoy. Our home is walking distance from great restaurants, bars, the best cafes, boutiques, pharmacies and fitness studios. We are steps away from El Paseo de la Princesa Promenade, built in 1850 as the first Botanical Garden in Puerto Rico, you can enjoy a great walks along the Wall and during the weekends enjoy traditional festivities and meet artisans from all over the Island. If you want to venture out of the Old City your just a quick drive from the Escambron Beach in Puerta de Tierra, Condado, Ocean Park and Santurce.
Car Park: near our home you have access to the municipality owned car park. They offer the best rates (aprox. $6 for 8 hours of parking time). Parking spots are sometimes available in front of our apartment building, they meter free.
Old San Juan is a walkable city but the municipality offers free trolly service to move around the Old San Juan. The trolley runs: Monday - Friday from 7:00 AM 6:00 PM / Saturday - Sunday from 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, every 15 minutes. Most of the trolleys are wheelchair accessible you can identify them with the blue International Symbol of Accessibility.
Condado - Old San Juan: Red Conecta
If you want to visit Condado / Ocean Park from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday you can take the Red Conecta Bus System arriving and departing from Plaza Colon, Old San Juan. This route stops at: Luis Muñoz Rivera Park, walking distance to Escambrón Beach; Condado Ave. Ashford; Barbosa Park, walking distance to Ocean Park Beach also know as El Ultimo Trolly (the last trolly beach).
San Juan: Public Transportation System
Limited public transportation is available. We recommend to rent bikes or grab a taxi or uber since the public transportation system can be complicated and a bit frustrating to use. Outside the metropolitan area, public transport is virtually non-existent and you will need to rent a car, book a tour with transport or use uber.
- Minimum age requirement of 21+. Guests under the age of 21 are still entirely welcome – they will just need to be accompanied by parents or guardians.
- Check-in is at 3pm, and check-out is by 11am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep. Should be okay, but please check with us first.
- Although we do a thorough professional clean between each stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware and put used towels in the hamper. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
- We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them with no effort.
- We also have a no smoking policy. But you are welcome to smoke either out front or back.
- To be considerate with our neighbors, we kindly ask to keep things on the quieter-side after 9pm. And if you want to listen to music, please enjoy via headphones (if you forgot yours we always have a few in hand).
- To ensure full safety, we like to keep the front gate locked as a precautionary measure. Whilst being one of the safest areas of town, we want to ensure your stay remains problem free, and this is just one simple thing we’re able to do to ensure that.