This Executive Home is a stunning architectural property. The best materials, furnishings and amenities sets our property apart from others. Exciting new changes for 2019 will further differentiate our property.
Summer 2019 (after May) brings the following exciting changes to the property:
1) We will be making three of the bedrooms private couples rooms with only one queen bed in each room. The master bedroom is stunning and has unbelievable views, master bath, whirlpool tub for two, gas fireplace and a polished stone and glass shower. The other two bedrooms access a back deck through sliding glass doors. Private seating on the deck and a stairway to the back yard add quality and privacy to these bedrooms. There is a bathroom with tub/shower between the bedrooms that can be for these bedroom guests exclusive use.
2) The downstairs bedroom is being expanded this winter by removing one of it’s two doors and the built-in closet. The additional floor and wall space will be used to make this room more private and allow us to add sleeping for six to this room. Everyone in this room will get their own twin bed. The main first floor bathroom and shower is located just outside this bedrooms door.
3) We have secured insurance that allows us to rent our pontoon, fishing boat and jet ski. The jet ski is an older two person model that is not so scary fast. It is plenty fast at over 50 mph and is great fun. The pontoon is 20 foot with a 40 HP outboard. It is great for fishing, cruising, swimming and towing young kids on a tube. It has a ladder, anchor, bimini sun shade, cooler and is also great fun. The fishing boat is an 18 foot aluminum boat with 4 bench seats and a 9.9 HP outboard motor. It is quite slow but gets you where the fish are. It is a great alternative to the more expensive pontoon for those just interested in fishing. It has an anchor and auto sump that to keeps out most of the rain water. Please message hosts for prices.
4) Dennis, the owner, will be available for hire during limited days this summer to help you hunt for fish. Dennis has been on the lake since 1969 and knows where the fish are. He is an excellent large mouth bass fisherman and can be persuaded to fish for anything on Horseshoe Lake. Hiring Dennis includes use of the pontoon, fishing rods, tackle, lures, bait and the filleting/bagging and freezing of your catch. Dennis loves great food and enjoys a drink or two while he fishes. Depending on your fishing time he will bring coffee/cappuccinos or locally brewed beer, soda, water and great food to share with you while fishing. Trips would be limited to four persons and would be billed by the hours on the water. A three hour minimum is required. $150/hour and includes food. Filleting/bagging and freezing the fish is done immediately after the trip. Two trips in one day, one morning and one evening, would include separate food for each session.
5) Dennis, who’s water skiing picture is included in the property photos, will be available during limited days this summer to be hired as a ski boat driver. Dennis will provide the ski boat, gas, skis, tubes and advise to provide you with an unforgettable day of fun on the water. Dennis grew up right on this same shore where his parents had a small resort. Dennis has taught hundreds of people to ski and seems to have a special skill at teaching first time skiers. An accomplished skier, bare-footer, and boat driver Dennis prides himself at being able to quickly identify peoples difficulties and help them overcome their challenges. Dennis has taken several friends from never having skied to going on one ski in the course of a single day. Dennis’s ski boat is a 135 HP I/O capable of water starting accomplished skiers, on one ski, who weigh less then 200 lbs. At that weight the boat will maintain competition ski speeds with little or no deceleration under heavy skiing loads. This boat would not be capable of water starting a barefoot skier. Depending on your weight it can pull a bare-footer who drops a ski. Inexperienced skiers over 200 pounds, on two skis, will likely be challenged water starting behind this boat. Experienced skiers, on two skis up to 225 lbs should be able to water start behind this boat. Depending on the skiers weight and ability the weight of passengers may be limited to provide an optimal experience for the skier. That said we would be skiing/tubing off of our floating dock so everyone can watch the fun. $150/hour. Two hour minimum.
Sunset Bay is an artfully designed four season waterfront home with stunning lake views, surrounded by expansive perennial gardens. The property offers a unique experience for any season. In warm seasons, you can literally create the illusion that you are in the gardens by opening all the windows to invite in the sounds of songbirds, the rustling wind and the fragrance of summer flowers.
Four bedrooms comfortably accommodate 12 people. Two wood burning fireplaces add to the warmth and provide a sense of "place" to the all the wood interior. The main living space is a contemporary yet warm design constructed of wood, stone, and sculpted concrete.
The kitchen, den, office, dinning, great room are all discrete spaces; yet are all interconnected and large enough so that you can withdraw into your own private space while remaining connected to the happenings of your group.
The top floor has three bedrooms. The Master Bedroom, constructed with privacy in mind, has stunning lake views, soaring ceilings, a private bathroom with heated whirlpool bath and shower. A gas fireplace in the master bedroom adds a cozy note. It is truly amazing, comfortable and unique. This is definitely the bedroom to fight over.
The second and third top floor bedrooms are constructed with cedar walls and vaulted knotty pine ceilings. Both open to a deck facing the woods in back of the house. They are located either side and share a second floor bathroom with a tub and shower.
The first floor bedroom can be turned into a private suite by the optional use of a pocket door which can close off the first floor bathroom/shower from the rest of the home. You can keep this space private or open the pocket door to the main living room to allow access to the first floor bathroom and laundry that are a part of the space. The main entrance in the winter passes through this bedroom unless guests are willing to make a path through the snow and around the house to the back patio or lake side entrances.
There is a fully equipped chef's kitchen with Wolff cooktop, convection oven, large refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, coffee grinder, pots and pans, stovetop espresso maker, cooking utensils and dinnerware. Just outside the kitchen through the den is a high tech gas grill on the bluestone outdoor patio.
The kitchen island is truly an engaging space where no one is left out of the fun. The cooks, preparers and clean up crew are all included with what is going on in all the spaces around them.
The secondary dinning area, (ostrich table) seats six, the main dinning table accommodates 10, and the kitchen island 4 more.
Other amenities include a fully equipped laundry room including washer and dryer. The den contains a large screen TV (no cable). So you can stream any Apple or Android device to the TV using the provided Apple TV, Chromcast or Lightening to HDMI converting cable for Apple devices.
The home is surrounded by perennial gardens and the wildlife they attract. Bird feeders attract diverse wildlife including humming birds, sparrows, and pileated woodpeckers. In the center of the garden facing the lake is a bluestone patio for dining and relaxing. Sit, surrounded by flowers, on the 4 comfy chairs around the stone table with umbrella.
An expansive lawn extends from the gardens to the lake. There is plenty of space for lawn games and socializing. Near the beach is a large fire pit surrounded by a Bluestone patio for cozy camp fires.
THE BEACH AND LAKE
We have created a cozy sugar sand beach next to Sunset Bay's natural shoreline, which is home to frog, dragonfly and fish habitats. Beyond the short strand of bullrushes in the crystal clear water is a weedless sugar sand bottom, no muck, no stones, no rocks and no drop offs. Just pure sand. The lake is extremely safe at only 3 feet deep 250 feet from shore. It is also perfect for swimming and great for water sports.
We have installed a year round dock, a mooring pin, and floating swim platform for our guests exclusive use. Insurance will not allow guests boats to tie up to our pier. If you rent or bring a boat it can be pulled up on the beach or you can use the mooring pin. The mooring pin and swimming platform are available seasonally but will generally be left in as long as possible in the fall and made accessible as soon as possible in the early spring.
Subject to my neighbors continued permission and good graces, my guests are allowed to use the neighbors water volleyball net and the open water in front of their beach. The net is installed in knee deep water in front of my neighbors beach. Great for badminton, volleyball, kick volleyball and all manner of net games. In the event we lose permission to use the neighbors net, we will install a net in the water in front of my property.
Close to Crosslake, Brainerd, Crosby, Pequot Lakes, Breezy Point