2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, sleeps 6
Barry & Diane Matsas
- english, greek
About Barry & Diane Matsas
Barry & Diane welcome you to Paradise Found. Barry originally from Cyprus and Diane, Bahamian born have been enjoying Home Away visitors with open arms for the past year. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Why Barry & Diane Matsas chose Nassau
Water front, private, quiet and peaceful. Paradise Found really is your own Paradise.
What makes this Townhome unique
Only a short drive from downtown Nassau and Paradise Island, yet you can still fish, swim and snorkel right from your downstairs patio.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Smoking strictly prohibited indoors.
Minimum age of primary renter:25
High chair and Pack N Play available. A custom made gate with safety lock at top of stairs for children. Safety lock on outside doors.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Paradise Found Indeed!
We spent a wonderful week enjoying sunrises from the veranda, and the wonderful hospitality of our hosts, Barry and Diane. The apartment is in a great location, well equipped, and comfortable. We enjoyed walks in the neighborhood, trips downtown, and some exploring of New Providence island. Nearby grocery stores had everything we needed. It’s a wonderful place to relax in the Caribbean sun for a few days.
4h trip to Paradise Found. We can’t say enough great things about Barry and Diane. Truly two of the kindest most generous people you will ever meet.
Go stay, you’ll see.
Amazing, peaceful, and exactly as described in the listing and other reviews.
Our family of 6 (children ranging from 8 to 16) loved Paradise Found. It is in such a nice, quiet neighborhood. You couldn’t find better hosts than Barry and Dianne. They were so accommodating and made us feel more like family than VRBO guests (from fishing lessons to lending us some ketchup!). It was so great waking of to waves lapping against the building. We snorkeled, swam, and even rented scuba gear and taught our kids to scuba in the ocean off the porch of Paradise Found. The home is older but very well kept. This is the perfect location to base your explorations of Nassau. Renting a car is a must if staying here and gave us the opportunity to explore really cool aspects of the island, which we wouldn’t have done if we would have been at a resort. We’re at Atlantis now for 3 days and because of the overpriced meals, poor service, and pools that close at 5 we wished we were back at Paradise Found instead (the ocean off the porch at Paradise Found never closes!). We look forward to returning some day!
Great hosts, amazing house, excellent vacation!
Thank you again, Barry and Diane, for the wonderful stay we had at your place. Your hospitality, responsibility and attention to event slightest details is highly appreciated. We'll be happy to come back!
All the best, Igor, Anna, Artem, Alexa, Maria and Michael
All of the prior reviews were 100% accurate. Barry & Diane were great hosts and the condo was an ideal place for our family to relax after a day of activities. Barry gave us a tour of his herb garden on the first day and we were able to pick some okra, eggplant, hot peppers, rosemary, basil, mint, and guavas. After being there for a few days, Barry called us outside and treated us to some fresh coconut water and coconut jelly straight from his garden. It was excellent! We had a great vacation and we will definitely book Paradise Found the next time we come back.
Your private paradise
We really enjoyed our stay in the apartment. Barry and Diane are wonderful hosts and make you feel at ease from the very first moment. The place is located on the east coast out of the bustle of the city (reachable by car in 15-20 minutes) and you can access the sea directly from the bedroom while on the upper floor you can enjoy a splendid view from the beautiful and well-ventilated balcony.
Absolutely recommended for those who'd like to enjoy a relaxing time in a spacious and very well maintained apartment. I hope we will be back soon!
Nearby Places and Activities:
Nearest Airport: Nassau International Airport
Nearest Beach: Yamacraw Beach
Nearest Bar: Luciano's
Nearest Golf: Paradise Island
Nearest Restaurant: East Villa and Poop Deck
Paradise is truly Found at this oceanfront townhouse with breathtaking views of the ocean. Nestled along the east coast of Nassau, this peaceful vacation spot is away from the hustle and bustle of it all. Only a few minutes drive away from grocery shopping and about 15 minutes from downtown and Paradise Island where you could choose from any type of restaurants and attractions as well as a swim at Cabbage Beach one of the most beautiful and Pristine in the world.
There is a Five Star, world famous resort called Atlantis, located on the very popular Paradise Island. Visit the restaurants and shops at Marina Village, tennis, swim with the dolphins or participate in various tourist sea excursions. Tourists can buy a day pass for $136 per adult and $90 per child and be able to enjoy all of its facilities including the Water Theme Park, slides, underwater aquariums and gorgeous beaches.
A visit to Blue Lagoon Island is highly recommended where you can pat the Sea Lions and swim with the Dolphins.Guests can spend a whole or half day on the beach on this excursion.
If your looking for things to do in Nassau, forget it, leave the hustle and bustle behind and come to Rose Island! Spend the day snorkeling and kayaking or lazing on our private beach or in our hammocks. Be a true castaway and partake in the beauty and excitement Sandy Toes has to offer!
There is a full day 'Family Island' trips/excursions on the 'Bohengy Boat' (also called Bahamas Fast Ferries) which takes approximately 2-1/2 hours to travel to family islands like Harbor Island, Eleuthera, where there are more gorgeous, secluded beaches with pink sand.
Please find below 10 suggestions for 'Things To Do In Nassau' as follows:
1. The Straw Market - Start your vacation at Nassau's Straw Market. It's in the middle of town, and it's very popular with visitors.
2. Bay Street - If you're looking for bargains on designer clothing and other luxury items, you'll be delighted with the duty-free prices in Nassau's prime shopping district. Dance your way from store to store, with music from the steel drums at the nearby Straw Market
3. The Pirates Museum for families with kids seem to really enjoy this adventure.
4. Have your wedding or anniversary celebration at one of our gorgeous beaches or one of our Oldest Churches called Christ Church Cathedral in downtown where Prince Harry recently visited.
5. Ardastra Gardens - One mile west of downtown Nassau, you'll find one of the area's most enduring tourist attractions. A conservation center run by people who consider the animals--especially the flamingos--their companions, not pets. The Gardens' must-see attraction is their world-famous Marching Flamingo show which takes place three times daily. As their guide shouts commands, 30 or more flamingos perform in unison. No visit to Nassau is complete without a visit to this quirky site.
6. Fort Charlotte - While you're at Ardastra Gardens, visit nearby Fort Charlotte, the largest and most interesting of Nassau's three colonial forts. It features a waterless moat, a drawbridge, underground passages and even a dungeon. Be sure to look for graffiti etched in the walls by soldiers who were stationed here. Although this 18th-century fort isn't especially beautiful, you'll be glad that you brought your camera for the picture perfect views of Nassau Harbor. Admission to the fort is free, as are the regular guided tours
7. Queen's Staircase - While you're touring the town, be sure to climb the Queen's Staircase. With one step for each year of Queen Victoria's life, the top of this limestone staircase offers one of the best views of the area. Considered one of the world's top ten outdoor staircases, it's also a short walk from the top to Fort Fincastle, built in 1793. This is another spectacular lookout to capture Nassau's magnificent landscapes in photos.
8. Junkanoo - If you're in Nassau in December, get ready to party at the annual Junkanoo festival.
9.The Flying Cloud, a 57-foot catamaran, sets sail for entertaining and exciting trips around Nassau Harbor. The half-day sail and snorkel adventure lasts about 3-1/2 hours, and features a high-speed sail to Rose Island, where you can swim in the ocean, snorkel a nearby coral reef or just lounge on the beach.
10. Shipwreck Cruises - For the ultimate adventure, hop a boat and sail to a deserted island for lunch, snorkeling, and exploring. Several companies offer exciting planned adventures for adults as well as families, with different destinations and themes. Whether you're interested in a leisurely cruise or a high-speed ride on a world-class powerboat, you'll find a wide range of water adventures waiting for you in Nassau.