|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
This is your perfect getaway from the City. Rowayton is only a 50 minutes drive by car or by train to Manhattan. It is perfect for families and couples who want to relax and enjoy the outdoor life and activities, such as playing tennis, biking, running, paddle boarding and kayaking on Farm Creek or the Long Island Sound.
The house has a large fenced garden all around the house and a private dock with paddle boards and a kayak. It is only steps away from the beach and public tennis courts.
The house has an open kitchen and dining room and large living room with wood burning fireplace, each with spectacular views over the water and the Farm Creek Preserve. All bedrooms are spacious and bright with beautiful views!
- Private dock with swimming ladder, kayak and 2 paddle boards.
- 50 minutes by train from Grand Central, NYC.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and private bathroom (rest room, jacuzzi bath and separate shower and 2 sinks) and private balcony.
- 2nd bedroom with queen size bed.
- 3rd bedroom with queen size bed.
- 4th bedroom with kids bunk bed (twin size) + + toddler crib
- 2nd Bathroom (shower/bath and rest room and two sinks)
- Downstairs rest room with sink
- Kitchen and dining room have fantastic views on farm creek and the nature reservation.
- Living room with wood fireplace.
- TV (kids play) room with sleeping sofa and Google TV (including free Netflix) and lots of kids toys.
- Free wireless internet
- SONO music system
- Washer and dryer
- 2 adult bicycles (2 child seats), 1 'bakfiets', 3 child bicycles (5yr, 4yr and 3yr)
- Large gas BBQ
- Outside dining table with large parasol
- Kids inflatable swimming pool
- Kids soccer goals
- brand new (2013) ceder wood playhouse with slide, rockwall, monkey bars and swingsets (3). Perfect for kids to entertain tehmselves and for parents to get a break
- yard fenced kids friendly
- ice skating at SoNo Ice House in Norwalk at 5 minutes
- cross country skiing
- skiing in Woodbury, approximately 1h15 drive
- Aquarium and IMAX theater in Norwalk, 8min drive
- sledding (great large field at 2 min walk from the house)
- Chelsea Piers in Stamford, 10 min drive
- 200yards walk from Bailey Beach (Guest pass included)
- 500yards walk from private beach Pine Point Beach Association (guest pass included)
- Sunday evening Bailey Beach summer concerts
- 200yards walk to 5 public tennis courts
- Restaurants: Rowayton Seafood, SAIL
- Rowayton Farm Creek Nature Preserve, beautiful walk and bike trails
My husband and I are from Amsterdam, the Netherlands and moved to NYC 12 years ago. We have 4 kids ages 1, 4, 5 and 6. We both love the vibe and energy of the City but (especially) with kids we got to appreciate the quiet time outside the City as well. A few years ago we discovered Rowayton, a beautiful and friendly beach town. We bought our house in 2011 and have spent most of our weekends there since.
Julie Nieuweweme purchased this house in 2011
It is the perfect place to relax! It really feels like vacation when you are there; the beach, the beautiful views and amazing coastline, the sunset, nature, the outdoor activities make it a unique getaway!
We had a wonderful experience with our 3 kids (3, 5, 7years). The yard is spacious and the kids can run around. It is fenced off very nicely so the kids cannot go anywhere. The lifeguard adirondack chairs are a great way to relax and enjoy the views over farm creek preserve while the kids are kayaking and swimming in the creek and jumping off the private dock. It is a 2min walk to beautiful and quite private beaches. Tennis courts are around the corner and for free. We bbq-ed every night with views on the water and having a true nature feeling in the yard. This is the ideal summer escape. My husband travelled to the city a couple of times for work (only 50 minute train commute). The owners are very helpful in making your stay an unforgettable one.
My son, daughter, and their young families - and I - enjoyed this wonderful house for an unforgettable week. The owners were most accommodating in that they welcomed use of their boys' toys and water equipment, and they were immediately responsive to our few questions. The house is easy: open, modern, pretty, and - my favorite part - right on a tidal creek that provides hours and hours of fascination as the water rolls in & out, and the sea life changes with the tide. We had use of grills, a trampoline, kayaks, a swing set - more than we could use. The house is walking distance to two beaches and the village, in a gorgeous New England seaside area. I have only praise for this house and the owners, and I look forward to a return stay.
All you need as a family within reach (walking distance); beaches, tennis courts, ice cream store (101), Rowayton pizza, private water access from yard, kayak, paddle boards, kids playhouse with slide, monkeybars and swing set and nature and bird reserve. All toys kids can even think off. House is clean, spacy, lots of light and very kids friendly. Nice open kitchen to dinning room and great outdoor BBQ dining experience with first row water view. Outdoor dining table and outdoor sunning beds available. Fantastic space to chill out with family, friends and children. Also great for nature and bird lovers as it is in the middle of Farm Creek reserve. Great owners!
Rowayton is a historic fishers town with pittoresque views and houses. It is all about enjoying the outdoor life on the water, on the beach and/or on the tennis courts. Great spot for offshore fishing, boating, sailing, surfing paddle boarding etc. It is a friendly quite community with private beach associations (we are a member so you are as well!). Ideal spot to relax for a long weekend, week or month as it is only a step away from NYC.
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,500|
4 night minimum. Weekend rate $600 p/n (Friday and Saturday).
A 1st payment of 50% due immediately to confirm the reservation. A 2nd payment of the remainder as well as a $1,500 security deposit is due 2 weeks before arrival. The rental price can be paid by check. The security deposit must be paid by money order. The security deposit will not be applied towards the rent, however it is fully refundable upon owner's inspection shortly after tenants departure.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.