About the property
- House1800 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 - 7 nights
200 feet of PRIVATE shoreline w/ screened in porch - best location on Lake (A/C)
Your North Woods experience starts when you drive down our private road, surrounded by forest, to a picturesque view of the largest lake in the area (house faces west for breath taking year long sunsets and lake views three miles long).
Located on beautiful Big St. Germain Lake, this nicely furnished 1,800 sq. ft. private home with the rare find of level lake front access and screened in porch is perfect for family fun. The rental includes its own large pier for all your water toys (i.e., pontoon boats, ski boats, etc), outdoor shower to rinse off after lake activity, and priceless views of our resident Eagle. The quiet serene surroundings offer a perfect getaway in the heart of the North Woods - and conveniently located 20 minutes from Eagle River or Minocqua, we are in the center of it all.
Aerie Lake is a fully furnished vacation home. Whether you plan on staying for a few days or a few weeks, the rental and surrounding grounds have everything you need to feel right at home. Listed below are some of the many amenities available to our guests:
*Rare find of level frontage with sand bottom & shallow access to the lake for great swimming.
* Lakeside log-built, 3 person swing for enjoying breathtaking sunsets from the privacy of your own shoreline.
* 200 feet of private lake frontage.
* Secluded lake home with 7+ acres of property.
* Professionally built campfire pit.
* Large pier with bench, with many bumpers for your valuable boat.
* Outdoor shower to rinse off after lake activity.
* Enjoy breathtaking sunsets all year long.
* Screened-in porch with hammock.
* 42' High-Definition, LCD flat screen T.V. and Blueray/DVD player.
* Wi-Fi (18 MB download, which is the highest available from Frontier)
* For 2019, 4 bedrooms with 7 beds (three queen beds, four twins).
* Gourmet double oven for family eat in dinners. You won't want to leave to go out, you might miss a spectacular sunset.
* Eat in on our huge screened in porch (no bugs), or dining room for a family sit down dinner.
* 2 showers, 2 full baths.
* New bathroom with marble tile and granite sink.
* Family room furniture and carpet, very comfy.
* Handbook of our favorite places will be there when you arrive.
* Large family size stainless steel fridge and cooking utensils and pots, perfect for the gourmet cook.
* Large microwave oven and toaster oven. Great for quick meals before an outing.
* Instantaneous hot water heater - great for not running out of hot water.
* Big St. Germain Lake was voted one of the top ten muskie lakes in Wisconsin.
* Big St. Germain Lake provides 1600 acres of water pleasure - enjoy swimming, boating, skiing, tubing or water crafting.
* Local nature trails out our back door.
* Bald Eagles will cruise shoreline in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
* Boat and snowmobile rentals in town.
* Aeries Lake is on the East side of the lake and gets a breeze pretty much every day. This keeps you cooler in the summer and prevents bugs. You will be amazed at the difference this makes!
* Connected to largest network of snowmobile trails in the U.S.A.
* Mountain bike trail systems and single track riding.
* Blue Ribbon trout fishing minutes away from your door.
* Take a ride in your boat over to a restaurant on the lake.
* Fuel service on the lake (Premium and Pre-mix).
* Cross-country ski out our back door, or go to local 'secret spots' under owners picks.
* Wildlife all around you.
* Big St. Germain provides access to Lake Content, Fawn Lake & Lost Creek.
* All summer & winter activities are accessible from your door.
Why stay at our house?
* It’s our family’s vacation home and we’re proud of it. Limited to 8 rental weeks per year, our vacation home is well maintained and in excellent condition. It’s not an over-used, broken-down investment property which is part of an over populated area.
* In addition to 200 feet of lake frontage, our property includes 6 acres of forest for hiking and nature watching.
* Go green and $ave. We’re green and pass the savings to our clients’. High-efficiency furnace with HEPA filter, instantaneous hot water heater, energy efficient refrigerator, and a Chemical free lawn!
* Our home is hypoallergenic. One of our family members is allergic to pets and under no circumstance are pets allowed.
* Since it’s our favorite vacation destination, we continue to make improvements to complement the North Woods experience.
*2019: Addition will add another bedroom, which will be ready in 2019.
*2018: New shoremaster pier with large loading area (20' x 4') and seating.
*2017: New furnace with natural gas, central air-conditioning, and germicidal whole-home air purification system (Model: Carrier Infinity Air Purifier). It uses Captures and Kills technology to trap up to 95% of pathogens down to .30 micron in size, then uses an electrical charge to kill or inactive them.
*2017: Shoremaster pier that is 120' long, an 8' x 20' loading area, bench and ladder.
*2017: New bunkbeds with railings on both sides.
*2016: New exhaust fans in both bathrooms.
*2016: New lighting in screened in porch
*2015: Updated kitchen and laundry room lighting.
*2014: Master bathroom remodel.
*2013: Double oven, campfire pit with large rocks, internet (wifi), house painted.
*2012: High-definition, 42” LCD flat screen TV, Blue Ray Player, stainless steel microwave, dual-oven, new carpet, new roof.
(in other words, we continue to make improvements...)
* Town of St. Germain is only 5 minutes away. Our local grocery store is brand new and has everything you need and more.
* The St. Germain area features year round recreation with excellent fishing, cross country skiing, hunting, hiking, camping, and more! St. Germain offers a variety of restaurants, recreational opportunities, and fun.
* The premier northern Wisconsin vacation destination, St. Germain is in the heart of Wisconsin's Northwoods surrounded by 1,300 lakes, Chequamegon National Forest, Nicolet National Forest, and more.
Thanks in advance for taking care of it! Your “TLC” is very much appreciated.
Mike or Lori
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 8, 2018
About Mike or Lori
Owner, Healthcare Practitioner, and North Woods enthusiast.
Mike or Lori purchased this House in 1985
Why Mike or Lori chose St. Germain
Once in a life time opportunity to purchase property on the East side of Big St. Germain lake off a private road with 6+ acres of forest.
What makes this House unique
House is off a private road, shared with 2 other homes. We have 200 feet of lake frontage with an amazing screened in porch (do not rent a home in north woods without a screened in porch!). Being on the East end of the lake, we get a constant breeze. This constant breeze keeps you cool and SIGNIFICANTLY reduces the bugs. Our house faces west for breath taking year long sunsets and lake views like no other. The property features the rare find of level frontage & shallow access to the lake with a sand bottom for great swimming. Large pier for all your water toys.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 9:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
This home is in such a beautiful spot. The home is fully stocked with everything that you could need. Such a quiet and beautiful area. We saw deer gracefully walking through the yard every morning, as well as eagles sitting in the trees of the yard. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this is the place for you.
We would rent this home again.
The site on St. Germain was excellent. We were able to relax and enjoyed the private pier and yard.
A wonderful experience in the Northwoods
My family has been vacationing in the north woods for many years. This home on Big St. Germaine Lake was a wonderful experience.
The lake is large, deep and clean. The shallow sand frontage enabled our little guy to enjoy swimming in the lake and using his sand toys.
The general slight grade to the house was easy on the knees and grandparents.
The house, situated on the east side of the lake and sitting in a wonderful wooded setting, enabled us to experience beautiful sunsets every day.
The home is comfortable, well appointed , clean and well maintained.
The town of St. Germaine is convenient and the local restaurants are run from simple food to a 4 star level dining.
I would highly recommend this home. A great place to stay.
Clean, comfortable and exactly as described.
We had a great stay and truly enjoyed our first visit to northern WI. The home was set up well for our needs and we were immediately "at home" upon arrival. Bring your own food, clothing and fishing gear and know that the rest is available upon arrival. The owners provided ever possible accommodation and their welcome binder was full of helpful information on the home, the community and local attractions. The folks in town were very friendly and anything we forgot to bring was available with local shopping. The fishing on Big St Germain was tough but we were able to catch all the fish we wanted in several smaller local lakes.
We will be back!
We had a great time. Has all the amenities of home. Loved the AC with it being 90 degrees the week we were there. House is set up perfect for a family with small kids. The pocket door to the 2 bedrooms is nice for quiet while the kids are sleeping. The refrigerator is awesome. Nice big size. We didn't even need the coolers we brought along. The kids had a blast jumping off of the pier into the water.
A wonderful vacation!
Aeries Estate is a beautiful property and well-maintained home. Owners were fantastic to work with. Great location on the lake, private and relaxing. The home itself is very clean, comfortable and well-appointed. With a screened in porch, patio, and large yard, there are many options for whatever the weather. We look forward to visiting again!
You get the peace and serenity of a private lake home with the convenience of everything you need within a 5 minute drive: 4 miles from the Town of St. Germain; 5 miles to the Town of Saynor; 16 miles to the Town of Eagle River; 16 miles to the Town of Minocqua; 28 mile bike trail down the road.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Check-in Saturday: 3:00 PM; Check-out Saturday: 9:00 AM. Check calendar for availability. $350 Security deposit required. Note: Plus applicable state and local tax. Note: Cleaning fees INCLUDED in weekly rentals. Note: From Memorial Day to Labor Day, rental is by the week only (Saturday to Saturday). Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.