|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
On a private road and nestled in trees situated on Sonoma Creek, just a 2 - 5 minute walk to Glen Ellen village restaurants, shopping and world famous Sonoma Valley wineries, Wolf Glen offers all the amenities of wine county living at its finest.
This newly furnished, elegant 3,000 square foot home, designed for entertaining, offers lavish accommodations for 8 - 10 guests, featuring a gourmet kitchen, living area with fireplace and new 55' flat screen Smart 3D wireless TV, private outdoor entertaining & eating area and offers a new gas grill for creating that amazing meal.
Wolf Glen features 4 spacious bedrooms/5 bathrooms (3 full, 2 half), with all bedrooms offering new queen beds fitted with only the finest quality linens; two of the bedrooms have en-suite bath with dual sinks, showers, and lavish soaking tubs. Three of the bedrooms have sliding doors with direct access to decks overlooking the beautiful Sonoma Creek and amazing scenery.
The kitchen is large and inviting with an island for food prep and entertaining. It is well appointed with a 6-burner professional gas range, dishwasher, large refrigerator and generous counter space. It is fully equipped with a compliment of professional cooking tools and serving dishes.
Please note, Sonoma County Code Section 26-88-120 requires the following:
The quiet hours are from 10 PM to 7 AM and must be observed by all guests.
The maximum number of guests allowed is 10.
The maximum number of guests allowed for a gathering is 16.
The maximum number of vehicles allowed is 4. (all parking must be on property and not in front of our neighbor's properties)
'Wolf Glen' derived its name from the many Jack London novels that were about wolves. Jack London lived in Glen Ellen and the state park named after him is a short walk from our home. Also, dedicated to our dog Juneau (pictured) had 'wolf' characteristics and we decided (as most dog lovers do) that this was actually his house. :-)
As for the 'Glen' part, the trees are so beautiful that we had to use 'Glen' in the name. We do hope that Wolf Glen is all that you want it to be and more - enjoy!!
David Walker purchased this house in 2012
The creek, the trees, the tranquility and the location to restaurants, wineries and the Glen Ellen Market make this home ideal for visiting the wine country. We have looked for a home in Sonoma County for years and stayed in vacation rentals throughout the wine regions and finally settled on the town of Glen Ellen due to its central location in the Sonoma Wine Valley and its proximity to the Napa Valley. Once we settled into the town of Glen Ellen we fell in love with the heart of the community and everyone we have met.
We found Wolf Glen on a lark and fell in love with it immediately. The home feels elegant and sophisticated, and offers a unique balance of privacy and access to the heart of downtown Glen Ellen. We can walk to restaurants, winery tasting rooms, and a gourmet grocery store yet the home is on a private, quiet road and feels as if it in the middle of no where. The stars at night are amazing. Just short walk from the home we can enter into Sonoma Regional Park and hike up in the hills, or drive a short mile and be in Jack London State Park.
I just wanted to let you know that we throughly enjoied our weekend in Glen Ellen. The house was perfect for our group, allowing both privacy and plenty of room for gatherings. The kitchen was well stocked with appliances, pots and pans, and tableware. (Although a tea kettle would have been nice)
The decks offered a beautiful view of the creek below, and make a wonderful place for gathering in the evenings. It was a short walk to town for night life or the market. I would highly recommend your house to other groups as comfortable place to spend a fall weekend in wine country.
What a great time we had on this trip. We loved the town of Glen Ellen, and especially this lovely house. All 8 adults had plenty of room, all enjoyed private rooms with comfortable beds. And the FULLY stocked kitchen was a nice extra! Thanks so much.
Wolf Glen is the perfect place to stay for a weekend (or more) in Wine Country! The property is beautiful! I was there last weekend with a group of 10 girls to celebrate my sisters upcoming wedding. There was plenty of space for everyone to sleep comfortably as well as tons of bathrooms for these girls to use to get ready. The house had everything and anything you could ask for. We were able to cook meals, play games, listen to music, and enjoy the peaceful scenery. If you are looking for a rental for a girls weekend or even a getaway with some other couples, this is the place for you!
We were extremely pleased with Wolf Glen. From the moment we walked in the front door, we felt at home. Dave & Rob have great taste in décor and amenities. The communication prior to our visit was outstanding. The gourmet kitchen was our gathering area, just as it is in our own home. The beds are very comfortable, the linens high quality and the property is clean and well maintained. We were sad to leave after our three day stay, but would certainly return next time we visit the area.
We had a great time at Wolf Glen! The kitchen and living space were more than comfortable for 8 adults to relax, eat, and enjoy each others company.
The kitchen was very well stocked and the homeowner was very generous allowing us to use oils, vinegars, and spices, not generally available in most vacation homes. The backyard deck over looking the creek was a great place to eat and hang out. Beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were huge and clean. With 8 ladies sharing the space there was absolutely nothing to complain about except how short our stay was. Thank you Dave, for being such a generous host - and an excellent chef!
We loved everything about Wolf Glen and it's owners, Rob and Dave. We enjoyed a girls weekend with 10 family members ranging in age from 30-75. We developed a 'top ten' list. Here goes:
1. The deck. We ate most meals out here. It had plenty of seating for all of us. We saw deer and birds and squirrels and fish and birds.
2. The proximity to town. We could walk to the store and wine tasting and restaurants.
3. The linens. The sheets and towels and down comforters were great- and as good as any Four Seasons Resort!
4. The decor. The home has been professionally decorated and we loved the attention to detail. This home is even 'cooler' than the photos depict.
5. The temperature. We were amazed at how well insulated the home is. It was always cool-- even in the heat of the day.
6. The kitchen. This place is a chef's dream. More spices than you've ever seen stocked in the cupboard for your use and enjoyment. And more designer glassware and flatware than your party could possibly use.
7. Bathrooms. There are a ton of them. And they've got a tankless water system that never runs out of hot water!
8. Clean. This home is spotless. And it's cleaner than most any place I've ever stayed.
9. Space. This home has so much communal living space. The dining room can seat 12. The family room can seat your entire party for playing games or chatting. As I mentioned , the deck is equally spacious.
10. The hospitality. Rob and Dave will help develop an itinerary that's perfect for your family or group. They are respected members of the community and have connections that are bound to impress (and delight) you.
Book your stay at Wolf Glen! You'll be glad you did.
Set in the heart of Glen Ellen featuring 4 outstanding restaurants, a gourmet grocery store, 2 winery tasting rooms and boutique shops all within a 2 - 5 minute walk from the house. Wolf Glen is just 10 miles to Sonoma Plaza, 12 miles to down town Santa Rosa, and a 30 minute drive to the Russian River, Napa, and Alexander Valley wine regions.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 24 2016 - Nov 9 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Pet Fee||$100 + Tax|
|Cleaning||$200 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
Reservation cancelations can happen. Our refund policy is as follows: If the reservation is cancelled 60 days before the reservation date all money received will be refunded less a $200.00 processing fee. If the reservation is cancelled less than 60 days before the reservation date all money will be refunded less a $200.00 processing fee if the property is re-rented.
Sonoma County Code Section 26-88-120 requires the following:
1. The TOT Certificate number is 1015N
2. The quiet hours are 10 PM to 7 AM and must be observed by all guests, please come into the house at 10 PM and make sure the windows are closed so conversations do not echo off the creek, THANKS!!
3. Maximum number of overnight guests is 10.
4. Maximum number of guests allowed for gatherings is 16.
5. Maximum number of vehicles allowed is 4. Please park on our property only and do not park any cars in front of our neighbor's properties or block road so emergency vehicles may safely access the neighborhood.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.