2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom (Sleeps 4)
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Outdoor smoking butts in garbage, not firepit!
Our decks do not have safety railings.
Minimum age of primary renter:25
The town does not pick up recycles, so guests must dispose of their recycles themselves at the local dump or take them with you.
Wonderful week at Lake Pleasant
• Beautiful location—both cabins look out directly on the lake; the morning sun streams through the trees, and the gazebo is a wonderful place to enjoy views of the woods and lake.
• Peace and Quiet! There is very little traffic on the road, and we only heard a power boat on the lake twice during our 5-day stay. There are houses in the vicinity, but they are out of sight because of the stand of trees and bushes, and the neighbors were very quiet.
• Birds, including woodpeckers and a great blue heron fishing in the same spot every evening
• Thoughtfully designed and well-equipped main cabin, with access from lakeside and roadside, broad porch overlooking the lake and lots of comfortable, lightweight Adirondack chairs that can be easily moved to track the sun.
• Friendly folks in the local supermarket in Speculator, which is well stocked, a thrift shop that has just about every household item one could imagine, including some nifty items from the 40s, 50s and 60s, and a department store with a nice selection of clothes (open year-round).
• Hiking trails—there are lots in the area (check them out on the AllTrails app); we only got to try one, the Auger Falls Loop a few miles east of Speculator on Route 30, and it was great—the trail follows a stream that drops about 100 feet in a series of waterfalls.
Secluded lakeside cabin
We loved staying here. The cabin had all the amenities we needed for a comfortable experience - from small details like a coffee maker, salt and pepper to the larger things that make a stay truly special like kayaks and paddleboards.
The cabin is secluded and made us feel close to nature. As we dined on the porch, a hummingbird feeder provided much entertainment. A blue heron fished along the lakeside during our stay. In the morning the view of mist rising from the lake was breathtaking.
Our hosts responded quickly to any questions and were very helpful and friendly.
Everything is just as described. Our stay was very serene and just what we were looking for. Lake access is limited, so pay attention to what the owner says about it in the description! Secluded and peaceful.
Really great location and cabin
Nice, quiet location back in an inlet off Lake Pleasent. Very authentic cabin with extra bedroom in a small a-frame about 50 yards away. One bathroom can challenge a 4-some, but its not such a problem if everyone works together and no one hogs it for long.
Wonderful place to stay, relax and enjoy!
My new wife and I were extremely pleased with our stay at the cabin. (We were on our honeymoon, this was the second lodging on our trip through the Adirondacks and Vermont.) Everything was as described and more - the cabin was clean and comfy, we had all the privacy we needed, and enjoyed our time near and on the lake. The location was also a nice jumping-off point for the other activities we were interested in, hiking, climbing and exploring. We certainly hope to visit again, hopefully for an even longer stay.
We so enjoyed this unique setting with beautiful views of Lake Pleasant and the mountains beyond it. From the special little cabin, to the main camp with a wrap around porch and deck, as well as a gazebo overlooking the marsh, provided various spots to enjoy this serene setting! A fire pit was enjoyed nightly with kayaks and paddle boards used daily. The rustic ambiance with sweet touches of lighting and shabby chic was appreciated throughout. The owners were very informative of the area and attentive with any needs we had. We definitely recommend this pleasant accommodation!!
Lake Pleasant is a scenic lake in southern Adirondack Mountains, in the heart of lake country. Beautiful scenic drives, great hikes, waterfalls and kayaking in this area.
4.5 hour drive from NYC. 1.5 hours to Saratoga or Lake George. 2 hours to Lake Placid. 1 hour to the famous Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake.