About the property
- House5777 sqft
- Half Baths2
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
The property is located only ~10 minutes away from the heart of Downtown Austin and ~5 minutes away from The Arboretum as well as The Domain - the best shopping in Austin. For golf, ACC is ~4 minutes away and Barton Creek is ~10 minutes away. You can see ACC golf course from the house. For boating, there is an access ramp to Lake Austin a few minutes away at Pennybacker Bridge. You can see it from the top floor of the house. Lake Travis is ~15 minutes away. Bull Creek is just below the house - a great place for the kids on a hot day! The Bull Creek Greenbelt runs along the creek providing miles of the best hiking in Austin.
• As you view the home, don’t miss the 270 degree panoramic views seen from almost every room. Fireworks displays during holidays, rainstorms and spectacular sunsets are show-stopping. Three wrap-around decks, one 2000sq ft deck & three covered decks provide wonderful seating and flow for entertaining. The two-story entry with grand staircase, the warmth of the wood and the buff wall colorings are quite impressive and most welcoming.
• This 5777sq ft Spanish Colonial mansion features 6-8 bedrooms, 5 full & 2 half baths, 3 kitchens, and 3 living rooms on a half acre lot. There are 6 Kings, 3 Queens, and 8 Twins in the house (17 total beds) plus 2 baby cribs. The master kitchen features granite counters and state-of-the-art appliances. There is also a sitting room with views and a bar/entertainment room giving access to the exterior ten person outdoor jacuzzi. The top level consists of the Master bedroom, another bedroom, and the children's playroom or 7th bedroom. The children's playroom comes furnished w tons of toys and sleeping options for newborns up. There is also a crib and changing table in the second bedroom next to the playroom. There is also a stroller in the garage.
• Two separate apartments are downstairs off either side of the 5-car garage each with a bedroom, full bathroom and kitchen with bunk beds (8th bedroom if needed). There is a six person poker table w chips in the living room on the larger of the two apartments.
• The layout of the home is grand, flowing and conducive to socializing.
• The garage area, with dual motorized doors, is an incredibly flexible space which can be used for parking cars, abundant storage, workout space or crafts.
All this and only a ~10 minute drive to downtown Austin.
** For residential purposes only **
Ryan Nacol, RRN Industries LLC
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Why Ryan Nacol, RRN Industries LLC chose North Cat Mountain
This property is close to downtown and the best golfing and shopping in Austin. The views are jaw-dropping and the location is peaceful. You'll see deer and rabbits around just at dusk/dawn daily.
What makes this House unique
Top of North Cat Mountain and some of the most breath taking views in Texas. It the 1980's this house was the highest elevated (900 ft above sea level) in all of Austin. It only takes ~10 minutes to get to downtown Austin.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The house was everything it was advertised as being - large enough for my group of 16 men out for a golf trip. We never felt like we were on top of each other and it had plenty of space to hang out. The house was clean and well stocked with cooking supplies if your the cooking type. And the views - no words can do the views justice !!!!!! I have run this trip for over 15 yrs and have dealt with many owners/property mangers and I must say Ryan was one of the best I ever dealt with. He was available anytime we needed him and even spoiled us with some liquor and food when we arrived and then brought over a brisket from Aaron Franklin who use to own the #1 BBQ place in town before it burned down. The Brisket was outstanding and so was our trip thanks to Ryan !!!
Plenty of Room For Large Family Gathering
We just stayed at this property for a family gathering, it was incredibly spacious. Plenty of room and beds for 18 people. The outdoor adjacent patio with the hot tub is also spacious enough for everyone to sit outside. Was not an issue, but bring a few folding chairs if you can. There are built in benches, but a few extra chairs didn't hurt. Kitchen appliances are top notch and kitchen is well stocked with pots / pans to cook for as many people. Views and sunsets are amazing. Ubers were readily available when needed.
The perfect place to stay for a Golf Outing
I came here with a group of 8 friends for a golf outing in early May. We had plenty of room, a beautiful view, a great porch for grilling and a decent sized kitchen and living room to relax in. The neighborhood is great and is just a 20 minute drive from Lake Travis and Downtown Austin. Ryan was always available to answer our questions via text and was a great host. We will definitely be coming back next year.
Excellent Location & House!
We had a great family get together in this house last weekend. The house is located in a great neighborhood, and downtown is readily accessible. The house is so big that everyone really gets their own space! Ryan was very accommodating and quickly answered the few questions I had. Would certainly recommend this house for your trip.
Amazing Hillside Mansion
This property was unreal. It was even better than advertised. Unbelievable views from almost every angle of the house. Very clean and plenty big for large group get-aways. This home truly made our trip to Austin unforgettable. Ryan was beyond accommodating. Very easy to deal with and was available to contact at all times if needed. He even helped with our vacation itinerary! I would definitely stay at the mansion again in the future, or any other properties Ryan owns.
Excellent house for a big group or family get-together
This was a perfect place for our weekend in Austin. I had a number of friends in town while visiting my brothers who live downtown and this house accommodated all of us. We had an amazing weekend seeing the city and experiencing all of its food and nightlife. The location was perfect as well, since it's close to nearby supermarkets, etc. between 183 and route 1.
The house includes an enormous kitchen, with a huge refrigerator and any cooking supplies you'll need. We definitely appreciated the grill outside and that it has a gas connection to the house. This house is spacious and includes plenty of extra beds. Lots of space to hang out and there's no need to share a bed. The rooms are spaced out so everyone has privacy and a place to get away from the group. There's a separate in-law apartment attached to the garage which can be helpful if multiple families are staying together. Balconies on every floor, and a jacuzzi tub off the main dining room. Just keep any conversations inside after 10pm. This house is in a super-wealthy neighborhood and you won't want to irritate the neighbors up the hill.
Ryan, the owner/manager, was super helpful and welcoming. He was flexible with our check-in and check-out times since the weekend wasn't busy, and was always available if we had any questions about the house. I highly recommend this place to anyone coming to Austin with a group.
Boating on Lake Austin: An added bonus is the dock at Pennybacker bridge is only a few minutes away (.5 miles) from the house. You can pick everyone up at the bridge docking station (there is parking there too).
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
*** All major holidays/events are $1595 per night for the week the holiday/event falls under***