|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Quiet, peaceful, and perfect place to get away from it all. Our cozy cottage and adjacent lake home are situated on 7 beautiful wooded acres and 422' of shoreline consisting of mostly sand with some stones. Pioneer is a full recreation lake for swimming, fishing, water skiing, and tubing.
Cottage has its own private 8' by 30' permanent dock if you choose to bring your boat.
The property was renovated on 6/4/12.
Need something larger? Please check out our renovated property next door: VRBO# 421426
• 750 sq ft
• 2 Bedrooms (1 queen & 2 twins beds)
• Living room facing lake
• Screened in porch for your morning coffee
• Sleeps 5 (above listed beds + 1 roll-away)
• 32' Flatscreen TV w DVD player, Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave, Coffee Mkr
• Individual dock
• Individual fire pit
• Includes towels, dishes, cups, utensils, and more
• $1,250 per week for up to 4 guests. $75 extra per person thereafter.
• Large 7 acre property for activities
• 200' of shoreline, 422' with adjacent property
• Weber grill onsite
• Plenty of parking
• 1200' driveway to Park-like, peaceful and secluded setting
• 427 acres
• Great fishing Lake
• Perch, bluegill and crappies
• Largemouth Bass
• Muskellunge (Muskie)
• Northern Pike
• Mapleview Resort Restaurant/Bar on lake
• No smoking
• Rental agreement will be mailed to you once reservation is requested. Reservation is confirmed once non-refundable payment & signed rental agreement is received by owners.
• $600.00 Security Deposit returned within 60 days provided no damage to property.
• No pets
• $150 cleaning fee
• $200 discount when booking property next door VRBO# 421426
• All rates plus applicable taxes
• Check out 9:00 AM Saturday
• Check in 4:00 PM Saturday
Not sure where to begin! First, I would be remiss if I failed to note how easy and enjoyable it was to make the arrangements with Sue. She is incredibly responsive (quick turnaround with email), helpful, and went above and beyond to help ensure our family would have a memorable vacation. Thank you, Sue!
That all being said, highlights include...
- A beautiful property / location and great accommodations - - The two bedroom cottage offered the six of us plenty of room. We enjoyed a couple of camp fires, made use of the Weber grill a couple of times, and headed up and down the 20 steps to the dock multiple times every day so our kids could tube the lake and fish. Plenty of panfish to catch right off the dock! Also, it's an easy 15 minute drive to and from Eagle River.
- Sitting on the dock and watching the kids jump in the water / onto one of our big blow up rafts for tubing with a beverage in hand
- Torch Lake - - 10 minute drive to crystal clear, shallow water, a great beach, and plenty of shade... be sure to check it out!
- Bond Falls State Park - - make sure you jump in your vehicle and drive 40 minutes to the U.P. Amazing waterfall and trail... well worth it!
- Maple View Resort on Pioneer Lake - - probably the best cod fish fry we have ever had! Get there early!!!! 5 minutes from the cottage.
- Going for a run - ok, jog - on the driveway (good chance you will run into deer or other wildlife) and the connecting road; my wife and daughter really enjoyed their morning walks, too. If you have bikes consider bringing them
- Eagles gracefully soaring above
Overall, I highly recommend the opportunities this cottage/property affords to unwind and reconnect as a family!
My husband and I recently returned from a week's stay in the cute cottage. The cottage and property are clean, well maintained and offered us everything we would need. The location is great, the lake is quiet and peaceful. We enjoyed seeing the deer, hearing the loons, and watching the eagles soar. The owner and property manager are both friendly and easy to communicate with. Highly recomend this to others!
This is a beautiful property. The cabin and grounds are very well maintained, clean and comfortable. We had a great week and our dog was in heaven (both on land and on the lake!). Communication with the owner and local manager was great. We are already talking about going back next year!! Would highly recommend this or the neighboring house on the same lot. Both are beautiful!
We loved our week here on Pioneer Lake. The cottage is very nice, clean and well maintained. We had a very relaxing week on the lake and would love to come back next year. Highly recommend!!
Great cabin. We enjoyed a beautiful fall weekend. Large property with beautiful trees. Lots of room for our dog to run. Very nice lakefront and dock, perfect place to tie up our boat (just a short trip across the lake from the public launch). The cabin was perfect. Lots of sleeping room. Was just two of us, but would also be great for a family. Loved the kitchen, very quaint. Very clean cabin. Got to enjoy an eagle nesting right on the property. Enjoyed a nice bonfire on a cool fall night. Very prompt responses from the owner. Enjoyed meeting the caretaker, she checked to make sure we made it ok. Make sure to go to the Log Cabin in Conover for pizza! We will definitely be back. Hopefully sooner than later!
We stayed in the cottage for a week. Two adults, two children ages 6 and 4. Plenty of space inside, although we spent most of our time enjoying the lake (and making smores at the nightly campfire). The cottage and grounds were exactly as advertised and in great condition. Pioneer Lake was big enough for tubing and skiing yet small enough to be protected from the wind and waves when we fished. The Maple View Resort has tremendous burgers and a great Friday fish fry. We have already recommended this property to friends and family. We are very much looking forward to our next stay at the cottage. Thanks!!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 3 2016 - Oct 29 2016
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Damage Security Deposit||$600|
Unable to accept credit/debit cards for payment. Checks only.