|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
LUXURY RETREAT NEAR VILLAGE & MARINA - REFRESH YOUR SOUL IN BIG BEAR!
*** MID-WEEK WINTER SPECIALS JAN - MAR -- MESSAGE ME FOR A DISCOUNTED QUOTE IF RENTING MON, TUE OR WED NIGHTS :) ***
*** An additional fee of $25/night/adult applies to parties of 5+ adults. This additional fee does NOT apply to small children. Please email me for a custom rental bid if the system quote includes this additional charge but the extra guests are small children (we don't charge extra for little ones and can amend the quote accordingly to remove the extra $25/night fee :) ***
Welcome to KANODIA LAKE VIEW! This 'mountain modern' property has been lovingly restored with modern amenities and conveniences while keeping the warmth and charm of a true mountain escape.
Why the name "KANODIA"? The Serrano's (a Native American tribe) were the first settlers in the Big Bear Valley. They refer to themselves as the Yuhaviatam, which means "People of the Pines". In honor of these first settlers we wanted to give our cabins a Serrano name. "Kanodia" which means "Where Heaven Rests Upon the Earth" captured our hearts and became the trademark for our beautiful cabins. We feel blessed to share them with you!
If this cabin is booked please visit our other cabin #619437 (walking distance to Snow Summit).
ENJOY this beautiful, fully remodeled Big Bear cabin located just steps from the lake at Metcalf Bay! We're located on a quiet, private road - one house off the lake. Public access to Metcalf Bay is one house over just across the street (about 100 feet).
All brand new furnishings! High ceilings in all the rooms have incredible wood accents and large wood and iron beams, making this home one of a kind!
Situated on a private road you’ll see amazing sunset and mountain views from the front of the house. Grab your fishing poles and walk 100 feet to lake front access or take a 5 minute walk down the road and rent a boat at Holloway’s Marina. Or bring your own boat with you and store it behind the house!
This home is one mile from the Big Bear village -- everything Big Bear has to offer is close by for your enjoyment!
This home is clean, roomy and bright, decorated with warm, rich colors and beautiful furnishings. It’s the perfect place for two couples or two small families searching for a fun-filled, relaxing vacation in the Big Bear Valley. Gorgeous surroundings and views, wildlife and a quiet peaceful community make this cabin the perfect choice.
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN: The kitchen is fully stocked and can be used to serve up beautiful entertaining meals. Brand new custom kitchen cabinets, gorgeous granite, stainless steel appliances (gas stove), two large windows and a door leading to a large deck, plus tons of counter space make this an ideal cook's paradise ... or you can eat out in the many fabulous restaurants in the area!
* DINING ROOM: The dining table is located in the large kitchen and seats up to eight for those special meals with friends and family.
* LIVING ROOM: The spacious living room is warm and cozy with a large double lounger chair and leather couch (queen sleeper sofa). A beautiful rock fireplace and artwork finish out this relaxing room. Entertainment is provided by a brand new 42” High Definition LCD TV (cable included), DVD unit & iHome. Wireless high speed internet is available at no charge. To reminisce of years gone by, we have a record player and lots of albums to choose from.
* FOUR DECKS: There are four decks to enjoy the outdoors. Two decks are located in front – one on the lower level as you enter the property and a private deck off the master bedroom upstairs. The back yard features a large deck with a huge pine tree coming through the middle. Great for barbecuing or relaxing at night while watching shooting stars. A side deck offers a great location to view the lake while enjoying your morning coffee.
* BEDROOM 1 / MASTER BEDROOM: The master bedroom is equipped with a king bed, seating area, dresser, night stands, artwork, seating bench, a 32” HD TV and private upstairs balcony
* BEDROOM 2 / GUEST BEDROOM: The guest bedroom is equipped with a king bed, night stand, dresser, 32” HD TV, artwork and seating bench.
* BATHROOM 1 - DOWNSTAIRS: This bathroom features new custom cabinets with matching mirror and beautiful granite. Full, large shower and plenty of space!
* BATHROOM 2 - UPSTAIRS: This bathroom is located between the two bedrooms upstairs. It is large and features new custom cabinets with matching mirror and beautiful granite. A tub/shower combination and large vaulted/beamed ceilings make this room comfortable and spacious.
* LAUNDRY AREA: A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience on the ground floor.
* FUN FOR EVERYONE: While the children enjoy puzzles, music, movies and games, sip your favorite beverage and enjoy views of the lake. There’s even a record player and lots of records to choose from … go back in time as you listen to albums from the 1960’s through the 1980s!
Lake house rental, lake view rental, big bear lake cabin, big bear lake, cabin rental, lake house rental, ski rental, snow summit, ski house, bear mountain, snowboarding, skiing, snowboard, mountain cabin, hiking, fishing, big bear, vacation rental, vacation home rental, mountain rental, lake house, close to slopes, family friendly, romantic, close to village, walk to lake
We're a family from Orange County, CA who fell in love with Big Bear many years ago. We bought our first property - Kanodia Lodge - years ago and recently converted it to a rental. We had such incredible feedback from our guests that we decided to purchase this home and offer our guests a new adventure in Big Bear near the lake.
Laura Alvarado purchased this cabin in 2012
This home is steps from the lake - literally. It's located close to everything - walking distance to Holloway's Marina and only a mile from town and the ski resorts. Located on a private street, this home is charming and warm ... with the most incredible sunsets right out your front door.
We enjoy the peace and quiet this home offers and the location is ideal - both for summer and winter activities. Being so close to the lake and town is wonderful yet you still feel secluded and private at this location.
Thank you Laura! Here is my review …
We stayed 2 nights for a ski week-end with my 3 boys. From the booking to the check-out, everything was perfect and very well organized, very professional. The cabin was extremely clean, very well equipped and decorated. We found there anything we needed and much more (plenty of DVD, toys, music, old disc player, sleds...). The kids loved the cabin. The bedrooms were like a 4 stars hotel decorated with taste and great king size beds. Kitchen and bathrooms looked newly remodeled. Located along the lake, it's beautiful and only 10 minutes from snow summit slopes! We've been skiing all day and enjoyed the warmness of the cabin after ski. We also had a lot of fun doing alpine slide and tubes snow park 5 minutes away from the cabin! For my next WE in Big Bear, I won't spend 2 hours in VRBO. This place is just the perfect place. Thank you!
This cabin was truly a home away from. It is a beautiful, homey, cozy cabin, that had everything we could ask for. If we felt we needed something, the cabin had it. Also, Laura and Jim, are truly a delight. They were always making sure we had the best experience possible. Laura even sent people to plow the snow to make is easier on us. Truly, the only thing I would change, is the number of days we stayed at the cabin. I would have stayed longer. Thank you for everything, Laura and Jim!
We continue to return every Fall and Winter to this fabulous cozy cabin getaway! Our family of 6 fits perfectly and it is so cozy and comfy! It is truly a home away from home. The quiet cul-de-sac lends itself perfectly for our kids to ride bikes and scooters and play football with Dad. Everything about this cabin keeps us coming back! It is one of our kids favorite getaways and ours too!! We will be back when it snows!
My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 4 days/3nights at this cozy cabin. It was very clean and well kept, and had everything we needed. The fireplace was warm and cozy to sit by and the bed was so comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed to make our meals. The view of the stars at night were amazing. The deck outside was large and we enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings, it was very quiet and peaceful. The location perfect, close enough to the village etc, but not too close. Nice area to walk around, and the instructions left were very clear and Laura was such a pleasure to talk with.
We can't wait to return soon! I would highly recommend this cabin!
This place was awesome. Great for family. We will be coming back again in the future.
This place was really well cleaned and everything was in working order. Honestly what more can you ask for in a VRBO? I''m somewhat known for my cleanliness and I give this place my stamp of approval. It's not fancy, it's not glamorous, it's a quaint cabin with more-than-sufficient kitchen and enteraining supplies.
Perfect peaceful getaway cabin. Our return visit is really all the review you need to know. We like it here. It's really well managed, too. Big Bear Lake is of course very down this year (quite a lot from 3 yrs prior last we saw it) so not much of the lake to view right now but the peace of space in the cabin and location close to town on a quiet street is still such a great value. The owner goes above and beyond to provide a super clean and well-designed space and she is so responsive to extra questions and requests. Truly professional and stands above for that as well. Thank you! We can't wait to come back again soon.
The location of this property is amazing. Just steps from the lake on a private road, enjoy amazing sunset views from this home. We are walking distance to Holloway's Marina and a 1/2 mile from Alpine Slide (summer and winter activity park). Town is 1 mile away and Snow Summit is 1.5 miles. Close to everything Big Bear has to offer yet a world away ... this is the PERFECT getaway destination! Don't forget to visit the Moonridge Zoo, the Discovery Center, and check out all the incredible events taking place year round!
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
|Check in Fee||$20|
** Standard Rates are ONLY valid for current calendar year - new seasonal rates are set at the beginning of each year
** Rates apply to 4 adults; additional fees apply to more than 4 adults (7 max occupancy)
** $40 Check In/Out Service fee required for parties of 6+ (the city now requires check in service to verify ID upon arrival)
** Additional cleaning applies to reservations 5+ nights
** Custom quotes will be applied to parties of 4+ adults