|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Beautiful One Bedroom, One Bath Beach Front Bungalow just 2 1/2 hours from San Diego. Fully Furnished, Enclosed Back Patio, Large Great Room with Fireplace & Heater, Off Street Parking, 180 degree view of the beach, just steps to the water, phone, cable, wifi. Lots to do to do in the area, visit la Bufadora, go deep sea fishing, hiking, or horseback riding, take winery tours, or just enjoy the peace and quite of one of Baja's best beaches.
Born and raised in San Diego but currently married and living in Canada, it makes it difficult for us to get to our beach house as often as we would like, so we have decided to share it with you.
Nancy Chiasson purchased this bungalow in 1986
This house has been our family getaway for two generations. Located only half an hour from the fun of Ensenada, but with a unique country atmosphere and extraordinary natural beauty all its own.
The constantly changing view of Todos Santos Bay and the joy of being able to step off the front porch and onto the beach make this place paradise.
I had a very meditative retreat. So nice to see and hear the sea morning and night. Great to be able to cook,as well. Betty was a friendly neighbor. Nice to stay in a rental that feels like someone's home, not generic...
Overall, excellent :-)
A great getaway for my husband, myself, and our dog. Beautiful scenery at the beach, cool weather (which we were looking for), and great neighbor Betty with our favorite dog friend, Happy! Just what we were looking for.
Hate to give good review, because everyone will want to rent and make it harder for me to get reservations in future. Thanks to Irka the cleaning lady/manager for answering all our question. Walking to the beach from house took less then 60 seconds. Panga fishing was great. Bringing complete family next year, but will rent larger unit.
We spent four days in Nancy's adorable beach house and were very happy. A few things to note that, while they were no real problem for us, you might want to plan for:
1. If you're socially anxious (or simply private/not a people person,) people walking through your driveway to get to the beach may be an issue for you. It threw us off the first time it happened, but we tried to roll with it afterward. This activity increased on Sat and Sun, fyi.
2. After reading a review of a "hard" mattress, we took our sleeping bag pads with us. Problem averted.
3. I'm a photographer, so maybe I just take more notice of lighting than most people, but the lighting in the house is a little weird/dim/uneven. Again, it's really not a problem unless you're planning to do a lot of reading at night. (I was.) My solution? Read on the beach during the day and then call it an early night. We got so much rest!
Now that the potentially uncomfortable things have been mentioned, let me tell you the reasons why you will love this house:
1. It's super quiet in the neighborhood and I haven't slept that well in years. (We live in downtown Los Angeles. It's NEVER quiet here.)
2. You aren't getting this price anywhere else on the peninsula. I know this because I met more than one homeowner who rents out properties there for $250+ a night.
3. My husband got food poisoning the night before we left, and Nancy put us in touch with her caretaker, who let us stay in her house since Nancy's place was being rented the day we were checking out. We ended up leaving the day we planned, anyway, but the kindness did not go unappreciated. (Thanks again for your help, Nancy and Irka!)
4. The view is great; the breeze is perfect; the beach is the stuff songs are written about. Go. Go now, before I book every weekend from now til eternity.
See you soon, Fishers Camp!
Overall we had the best time here! The plane was remote, right on the beach, plenty of privacy, and close enough to the grocery store liquor store fire wood has etc. The neighbor betty was a sweetheart and happy the camp dog spent the whole week with us lounging in the sun and frolicking in the waves. The only thing i think this place could make an improvement in its the bed. It was hard as a rock but we threw every comforter we found on top and we were able to sleep ok on it. Other than that. .... id go back in s heartbeat!!! ♡♡♡
La Bufadora Blow Hole
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.