|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Beautiful One Bedroom, One Bath Beach Front Bungalow just 2 1/2 hours from San Diego. Fully Furnished, Enclosed Back Patio, Large Great Room with Fireplace & Heater, Off Street Parking, 180 degree view of the beach, just steps to the water, phone, cable, wifi. Lots to do to do in the area, visit la Bufadora, go deep sea fishing, hiking, or horseback riding, take winery tours, or just enjoy the peace and quite of one of Baja's best beaches.
Born and raised in San Diego but currently married and living in Canada, it makes it difficult for us to get to our beach house as often as we would like, so we have decided to share it with you.
Nancy Chiasson purchased this bungalow in 1986
This house has been our family getaway for two generations. Located only half an hour from the fun of Ensenada, but with a unique country atmosphere and extraordinary natural beauty all its own.
The constantly changing view of Todos Santos Bay and the joy of being able to step off the front porch and onto the beach make this place paradise.
I'd like to keep this place a secret, but won't. I must share mine and my husband's experience with anyone considering a perfectly relaxing escape to a beach house with all the amenities you can possibly need. The 4 expansive arched windows in the living room gave us a perfect view of the beach and also of the mountains toward The Bufadora (blow hole). Since our stay was almost a week long, some days we chose to stay in and relax the entire day appreciating the beach which included many hours of walking to the far end of the strip of homes; it was said "the stars" stay at the biggest homes furthest from our little bungalow. Staying at home didn't mean there was nothing to do: I dared to hop onto an ultralight plane that flew up and down the strip most of the day--what a blast! There's also horseback riding to be enjoyed but we ran out of time to do that. The best place to eat, which we came across by accident, was the Marina Bar & Grill only a few blocks away. The Blow Hole, Estero Beach (kind of fancy), and a cool little restaurant/bar Sharky's--again, only a hop skip away--are all great places to eat and chat with people. There's no doubt my husband and I will be coming back to this little treasure of a house. Thank you, Nancy, for making your home available to rent!
The managers, Erika and her son, Matt, were only a phone call away for any questions and even came to the rescue when we locked ourselves out.
Note: If you're a reader, bring your Kindle!
I had a very meditative retreat. So nice to see and hear the sea morning and night. Great to be able to cook,as well. Betty was a friendly neighbor. Nice to stay in a rental that feels like someone's home, not generic...
Overall, excellent :-)
A great getaway for my husband, myself, and our dog. Beautiful scenery at the beach, cool weather (which we were looking for), and great neighbor Betty with our favorite dog friend, Happy! Just what we were looking for.
Hate to give good review, because everyone will want to rent and make it harder for me to get reservations in future. Thanks to Irka the cleaning lady/manager for answering all our question. Walking to the beach from house took less then 60 seconds. Panga fishing was great. Bringing complete family next year, but will rent larger unit.
We spent four days in Nancy's adorable beach house and were very happy. A few things to note that, while they were no real problem for us, you might want to plan for:
1. If you're socially anxious (or simply private/not a people person,) people walking through your driveway to get to the beach may be an issue for you. It threw us off the first time it happened, but we tried to roll with it afterward. This activity increased on Sat and Sun, fyi.
2. After reading a review of a "hard" mattress, we took our sleeping bag pads with us. Problem averted.
3. I'm a photographer, so maybe I just take more notice of lighting than most people, but the lighting in the house is a little weird/dim/uneven. Again, it's really not a problem unless you're planning to do a lot of reading at night. (I was.) My solution? Read on the beach during the day and then call it an early night. We got so much rest!
Now that the potentially uncomfortable things have been mentioned, let me tell you the reasons why you will love this house:
1. It's super quiet in the neighborhood and I haven't slept that well in years. (We live in downtown Los Angeles. It's NEVER quiet here.)
2. You aren't getting this price anywhere else on the peninsula. I know this because I met more than one homeowner who rents out properties there for $250+ a night.
3. My husband got food poisoning the night before we left, and Nancy put us in touch with her caretaker, who let us stay in her house since Nancy's place was being rented the day we were checking out. We ended up leaving the day we planned, anyway, but the kindness did not go unappreciated. (Thanks again for your help, Nancy and Irka!)
4. The view is great; the breeze is perfect; the beach is the stuff songs are written about. Go. Go now, before I book every weekend from now til eternity.
See you soon, Fishers Camp!
La Bufadora Blow Hole
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.