|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
If the Four Seasons Hotel chain offered a lake front rental in Michigan, this would be it! Highest quality, full log construction in impeccable condition on Lake Michigan. A newer luxury build, executive level residence with soaring ceilings, massive log beams and rafters, plank floors and carpeted bedrooms. Take long walks on the beach and witness beautiful pink and purple sunsets from this western facing home. Walk out almost a ¼ mile into the lake before you get waist deep. You get a secluded feeling on this heavily wooded lot but are just minutes from all conveniences. A wonderful, soothing retreat to get away from all of the stresses back home but with all conveniences you'd expect in a luxury retreat. Directv, flat panel TVs, Movie channels, WIFI, Blu Ray/DVD player with a movie library, board games as well as a large propane grill are all included. This property is serviced locally by a professional manager for the best possible experience up north!
1. Just 50 steps from the house to the beach.
2. 10 minutes from shopping and eating in downtown Charlevoix
3. Sun room with nearly floor to ceiling windows that open with a large, beautiful stone fire place for added warmth and ambiance on cooler evenings.
4. Large Master suite with sitting area, King bed, and dual vanity. Has private patio and gas fireplace.
5. New for 2013, brand new, expansive deck that is ideal for sunning or dining. Also, new are high quality cast aluminum deck chairs, chaise lounge and table. The perfect place for an evening cocktail and view of the gorgeous sunsets over Lake Michigan.
6. Gourmet kitchen with high end appliances (Sub-Zero Fridge, Large Viking Range and Gaggenau double oven as well as Sub-Zero dual zone Wine Fridge for perfect temperature reds and whites). A large variety of cookware, pans, utensils, etc. are provided. Also, some small appliances (e.g. coffee maker) are on site.
7. 47' Flat panel television in great room. Flat panels in the two guest bedrooms. (Directv) Blu Ray player and Netflix, Vudu streaming available on main television in great room
8. Down comforters and Pillows on all beds (non allergenic available, too)
9. 25 minutes to Traverse City, Petoskey and Boyne City
10. Propane gas grill provided (1 tank of propane, too)
11. Friske’s gourmet pizza just 5 minutes from the home
12. High Speed internet (WiFi) included
13. 3 fireplaces, 2 wood burning with one cord of wood provided.
14. Three miles south of Fisherman’s state park (beach, trails, hiking, fishing)
15. Extra full size pull out bed in sunroom
16. Massive stone, wood burning fireplace in great room
17. Famous Rowe Inn and Tapawingo restaurants (best dining / wine lists in northern Michigan – just 10 minutes away)
18. Whole house Music system (CD player, iPod connection)
19. Fire pit for outdoor fires and s'mores.
20. All bedrooms feature soft Berber carpeting
21. Back up, automatic generator in case of power outage
22. New, large capacity Samsung digital high capacity washer and dryer.
Just returned from a perfect weekend at this beautiful home. The house and view were spectacular and there couldn't have been a better location to enjoy the Lake Michigan sunsets with a great glass of wine. I highly recommend this home and Danielle was extremely efficient and helpful in handling all our arrangements.
This property is wonderful for it's views, romantic getaway, privacy and quality. Kitchen is well equipped, plenty of firewood for bonfires or fireplace. All the conveniences of home, with the gorgeous views of Lake Michigan. Owners and leasing agent a delight to work with!
This property is beyond exceptional! We enjoyed our coffee every morning with a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan every morning. Long walks along the shore, bonfire each night, and a short ride to downtown Charlevoix- you couldn't ask for a better location. This home met all of our expectations, and then some. The kitchen is well equipped, and enjoyable to cook in. Our family of eight fit comfortably. The rooms are very cozy, and my favorite spot in the sun room. We were blown away by the property.
This was our first trip to Michigan and we loved it!! The house was exceptional. We based our decision on the photos and we were not disappointed. Every day we noticed something else in the house that impressed us. The attention to detail was clearly obvious. The rooms were lovely, the kitchen was well-equiped and the location was perfect. We were able to walk down the steps to the beach and walk along the lake for as long as we wanted. The house, itself, was equipped with supplies, soap, etc.; better some other homes we have rented through VRBO. Charlevoix is well located between Mackinaw City (and Mackinac Island) and Petoskey in one direction and Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes in the other. We thought Charlevoix and Petoskey were very nice towns to walk around. If we were to return to this area we would certainly look to rent this amazing property.
This beautiful property exceeded our expectations! Had a campfire every night, loved the kitchen, tons of room for the whole family, superb views of Lake Michigan (even had eagles paying a visit!) and an easy drive into Charlevoix, Petoskey or Harbor Springs, all with great restaurants and shops. Danielle, the property manager was a joy to work with and answered all of our questions. Also a bonus, being able to pay through PayPal!
As a Michigander, I have gone "up north" for many summer vacations and experienced different places . This log home is the cutting edge! It has everything: a beautiful inside decor with all the conveniences and the natural beautiful decor outside plus the convenience of WiFi. You can spend your entire time there in this peaceful setting or it is located near the charming town of Charlevoix and close to many other areas to visit, to name a few: Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Suttons Bay, Leland, the Sand Dunes and a day trip to Mackinaw Island.
The beach area is lovely - you can swim or boat right in front of the cottage or sit on the upper deck and watch the waves or go down a few steps and walk the sandy beach looking for Petoskey stones. Even rainy days are picturesque and Lake Michigan has beautiful sunsets. This Lodge is a wonderful place to vacation for a large family or a few people.