The fare Mahana ("Sun") is a typically charming Polynesian fare in wood of 48 square meters, open on one side on the lagoon and on the other side on a tropical garden. It can comfortably accommodate up to 4 people .
It consists of a large fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms with A/C, a bathroom and a toilet. A safe is available in the fare. All linens (sheets, bath and beach towels, tea towels) are provided.
At the foot of a beautiful flamboyant tree, you can relax and take your meals on a large covered wooden terrace with stunning views of the lagoon.
Between sea and garden, the fare Mahana invites you to a unique Polynesian experience. Exotic woods, refined decoration, quality equipment (climatisation, flat screen TV, Nespresso machine with welcome capsules, microwave, toaster, electric coffee maker and kettle, rice cooker, neat dishes, safe, fan,, walk-in shower...), blue lagoon... all the ingredients to make your stay in Moorea exceptional.
The fare Mahana is part of Poerani Moorea, a charming property located on the island of Moorea, on the lagoon, in a flowered and lush garden of almost 1,500 square-meters, fully fenced, without vis-à-vis.
With roofs of red cedar tiles, decks in exotic woods, traditional local architecture with naturally ventilated spaces, carved tikis, private lagoon access, Poerani Moorea ("Moorea's celestial pearl") claims its deep Polynesian roots and offers all the comforts and equipment necessary for a peaceful and rejuvenating stay.
Its 32 meters of private beach front ensure a direct lagoon access, for refreshing or sports swimming, snorkeling trips, sea kayaking...
You can live Poerani the way you want: completely independently (the fare Mahana is a short walk or bike from the numerous shops of Maharepa) or taking advantage of the many services provided by your hosts, Stéphane and Franck.
You will enjoy the beach, the direct access to the lagoon, the tropical garden, the outdoor furniture, the free sea kayaks and bicycles.
For your independence and security, we will issue a "beep" that powers the electric gate giving access to the property.
Stéphane and Franck are at your service throughout your stay: do not hesitate to ask them about your desires excursions and discover Moorea.
You may be welcomed by our 3 dogs Artaban, Népal & Nefer and our 2 cats, Jean-Paul and Marijo. All are very gentle and sociable.
Poerani Moorea is located 15 minutes from Vaiare (ferry terminal to Papeete) and 5 minutes from the Moorea aerodrome. To join us, we advise you to rent a car when you arrive or take a taxi.
To prepare your trip to French Polynesia, here's some useful information:
- As in any tropical region, mosquitoes are present in French Polynesia, especially during the rainy season. It is easy to protect yourself with a mosquito repellent that you will find in pharmacy or in the shops of the island.
- Protect yourself from the sun with a high-index sunscreen (even in gray weather).
- Geckos (small lizards) are very common in Polynesian dwellings. Perfectly harmless, they are very useful against insects.
- The « cent-pieds », a centipede with a very painful sting, is found chiefly in moist places.
- In the lagoon, it is advisable to wear aquatic shoes to protect yourself from corals and a possible (but rare) encounter with a venomous stone fish.
- The electrical standards are different from those of the US in particular. Think of bringing an AC adapter.