The Villa Poerani is located in Poerani Moorea, a charming property on the island of Moorea, French Polynesia, near the beautiful Temae golf and the famous Cook's Bay, on the lagoon, on a flower and lush garden of nearly 1500 m2, fully fenced, without vis-à-vis.
Its 32 m of white sandy private beach, without rocks or coral, provides direct access to the lagoon for refreshing sports or swimming, snorkeling trips, sea kayaking tours ...
With its tiled roofs of red cedar, its decks in exotic woods, its traditional local architecture with naturally ventilated spaces, its carved tikis, Poerani Moorea ( "Moorea's celestial pearl") claims its deep Polynesian roots and offers a modular accommodation combining Polynesian tradition and contemporary comfort, ideal for a serene and relaxing stay in couple, family or friends.
The Villa Poerani includes a modern fully equipped kitchen overlooking a « fare pote'e » (typically Polynesian outdoor dining room) facing the lagoon, a large living room opening on one side to a deck with panoramic views of the lagoon, and on the other on the garden and the mountain, and a patio with a washing machine.
This architect villa includes 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms:
- the Moana room, overlooking the lagoon, with queen size bed, mosquito net, air conditioning *, TV, wardrobe
- the Ra'i room, overlooking the garden, with queen size bed, mosquito net, air conditioning *, private bathroom with toilet and walk-in shower, wardrobe,
- the mezzanine bedroom with a double view on the lagoon and the mountain, a double bed and two single beds, wardrobe
- a large bathroom next to Moana room with toilet and walk-in shower with teak and mosaics.
The occupancy is up to 8 people.
On the same property are also 3 guest cottages, that may be rented occasionally.
You'll be welcomed by the owners, Stéphane & Franck, and also by their dog Artaban and their two cats, Jean-Paul and Marijo. All 3 are very gentle and sociable.
The whole property can be also be rented (see HomeAway listing #4237060).
Poerani Moorea’s free service activities
Staying in Poerani Moorea means first discover the wonderful treasures of the Moorea lagoon, directly accessible from the beach front. For this, do not hesitate to use the sea kayaks and snorkeling kits at your disposal. But a simple swim, that's possible too!
You prefer the mainland? Bikes are free service Poerani Moorea. Ideal for shopping in Maharepa, discovery of Cook and Opunohu bays or sumptuous Temae and Mareto beaches. Books, board games and badminton rackets are also available.
Services + (paid, on request):
At Poerani Moorea, end of stay cleaning is included in the rental price. However, if you wish, you can enjoy hours of additional daily cleaning.
Bed linen and towels are changed 1 time per week. If you prefer a higher frequency, you can use the service "laundry" of Poerani Moorea. This service can also take over the cleaning of your belongings.
We can also provide you with a French Chief that will organize the preparation of your meals.
Poerani Moorea is located only 15 minutes from Vaiare (the terminal for ferries to Papeete) and 5 minutes from the Moorea airport.
At 2 minute walk you will find a foodmarket, a pizzeria, a food truck and a restaurant.
10 mins walk or 5 minute bike and you'll be in Maharapa, Moorea’s main commercial area, with snacks, restaurants, banks, post office, pharmacy, pearl and souvenir shops ...
A diving center is located at 5 mn walk. Ask for our special rates "Poerani Moorea with scuba diving".
To prepare your trip to French Polynesia, here's some useful information:
- As in any tropical region, mosquitoes are present in French Polynesia, especially during the rainy season. It is easy to protect yourself with a mosquito repellent that you will find in pharmacy or in the shops of the island.
- Protect yourself from the sun with a high-index sunscreen (even in gray weather).
- Geckos (small lizards) are very common in Polynesian dwellings. Perfectly harmless, they are very useful against insects.
- The « cent-pieds », a centipede with a very painful sting, is found chiefly in moist places.
- In the lagoon, it is advisable to wear aquatic shoes to protect yourself from corals and a possible (but rare) encounter with a venomous stone fish.
- The electrical standards are different from those of the US in particular. Think of bringing an AC adapter.
* For ecological reasons and for your comfort at night, the air conditioners of the property are programmed to be usable between 7pm and 7am.