An updated colonial reimagined as a tranquil urban garden retreat, Casa Xaver gives up to 6 guests a prime spot for exploring vibrant Mérida. Outside its walls you’ll discover festive street fairs, historic plazas, exotic cuisine—and inside, a modern home whose sliding screens keep the focus on the cooling pool and soaring palms at its heart.
Freshly renovated Casa Xaver puts a modern spin on the traditional colonial home. A secluded courtyard, tropical vegetation, authentic pasta tile floors, tall wooden doors—the details that give a home true Yucatecan flavor have all been preserved, while the home’s updated floor plan opens cooking and lounging spaces to the gorgeous terrace. Comfortable modern furniture and vivid art complement the airy interior. Whip up a meal in the fully-equipped kitchen, swim in the pool, or lounge on the shaded patio—the retractable screen walls keep everyone connected, and allow light, sound, and air to flow freely. Each of the three bedrooms boast hotel-quality mattresses and linens plus private outdoor access, and two have their own en suite bathrooms. Amenities include A/C, WiFi, washer/dryer, and even a wine refrigerator.
Its location in the expat-favored neighborhood of Santiago puts Casa Xaver in the heart of the action. Stroll Paseo de Montejo, the city’s grand historic boulevard; taste Yucatecan specialities at restaurants; visit open-air markets—all within walking distance.
WHY STAY WITH REMIXTO?
Your stay is professionally managed by Remixto. As our guest, you’re in great hands and will receive our Remixto star treatment, including:
- a friendly in-person welcome to get you settled in
- dedicated hotel-like concierge services at your fingertips, including airport pickups, in-house chefs services, private driving tours, and more.
- a treasure trove of recommendations for places to eat, sights to see and local characters to meet. We don’t recommend it unless we go there ourselves!
- hotel-quality soaps and shampoos because everyone deserves to feel special
We are Remixto, Merida’s premiere vacation home specialist. Our storied homes are thoughtfully well-appointed and hand-selected for their unique character and comforts.
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2.- Reservations may be booked up until 11:00am local time on the day of check in. Reservations received after 11:00am local time may be subject to cancellation if they cannot be accommodated. The house will be ready up to six hours after a reservation confirmation has been received.
3. At check in, you will be required to provide a valid photo ID and sign our renters agreement outlining our terms and conditions. A copy of this will be forwarded to you upon request.
4. Guests are responsible for the electricity they consume. Electricity is metered per kWh and the meter will be read at check-in and check-out to determine usage. The cost per kWh is based on the rate assessed on the prior bill and is subject to change. For current rate info, please ask. For tenancies longer than 3 months, gas usage will also be payable by guest.
5. A credit card authorization using a valid Visa or MasterCard is required at check in. Charges will be made to the credit card unless payment is processed through another form.
6. For stays longer than one month, additional security deposit will be required. For stays longer than three months, the last month of rent will also be due at check in.
7. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations over 7 nights (1 maid service per week). Additional services are available upon request.
8. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home.
9. An additional refundable pet deposit of $300 USD will be collected at the time of booking.