|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Superb location and economical rates make this piece of paradise an ideal home base for your Maui explorations. Sunny Kihei is where you can best assure yourself of that vacation of a lifetime. Kamaole Beaches I, II and III (the KAM's) are consistently rated as the best beaches in Kihei, and a stay at Kihei Akahi places you in the middle of this beautiful stretch of sandy beaches. Our five star reviews tell the story just as well as we can.
A full remodel was completed in September 2015. Among the many enhancements are high grade kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, recessed LED lighting, porcelain tile flooring, new ceiling fans and a new air conditioning unit.
Our first floor location allows you to avoid elevators and have the benefit of your lanai extending out to a broad, landscaped lawn area. Your lanai area is the perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee, your happy hour or to catch up on your reading. You can also just relax and enjoy the tropical plants and song birds.
Inside, we strive to provide you with the comforts of home. All first floor units have a substantially larger living room area than the upper floor condos. The washer/dryer is a real bonus that is not offered in many Maui condos. The bath was recently updated to provide a large tiled shower with a separate sink and granite top vanity area for added privacy. We offer gas cooking.
Free high speed wireless internet and unlimited free long distance calls to the US, Canada and many other countries allow you to stay in contact with family, friends and business associates.
Your comfort is assured by an air conditioner, two ceiling fans, a portable pedestal fan and gentle cross breezes. A security screen door allows you to enjoy fresh air circulating through the unit while not having to be concerned about your privacy.
Condo entry is via an electronic lock and an in unit safe is provided for the protection of your valuables. There is a large bedroom closet. Beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cooler are provided to enhance your beach adventures.
Kihei Akahi offers two pools and a tennis court that is very close to our unit. There are gas barbecues at each pool area. Parking is convenient to our unit.
KAM II is a guarded beach that offers excellent swimming, boogey boarding, body surfing, and snorkeling. Restrooms, a shower and a picnic area are provided. KAM III directly south of KAM II offers a playground. At dusk, KAM II is a magnet for visitors and locals alike to enjoy the beauty of the sunset. During whale season (November to April), you can enjoy the humpback whales performing for your delight.
Kihei Akahi is a quiet oasis, yet it is also very close to a wide variety of shopping and casual and fine dining venues.
TOP TEN REASONS TO STAY AT KIHEI AKAHI C-105
1. Location, Location, Location – OK, we know that is three reasons, but seriously, Kihei is Maui’s cradle of sunshine. When it may be raining elsewhere on the island, chances are the sun is shining in Kihei. With Kihei Akahi situated right in the middle of the three top rated Kamaole beaches, the sun, sand, surf and snorkeling are only steps away from your door. C-105 is closer to the beach than most of the Kihei Akahi condos, yet far enough away from South Kihei Road to afford you a quiet stay. Kihei Akahi is also close to numerous restaurants along with shopping opportunities like the Shoppes at Wailea. While in Wailea, enjoy a walk on the promenade between the five star hotels along the beach and poke your head into the hotels to see what $600 per night or more can buy you.
2. Size – All of the first floor one bedroom units in Kihei Akahi have a larger floor plan. This added square footage is in your main living area where you will spend most of your time when your eyes are open.
3. Amenities – Kihei Akahi offer not just one, but two pools plus a tennis court. These amenities are a perfect complement to all of the recreational offerings throughout the island.
4. Beaches – Maui has more miles of sandy beaches than any of the other Hawaiian islands. The jewel beaches in Kihei are the KAMS (Kamaole I, II and III). Walk down Akahi’s entry drive and you are in the middle of KAM II. The KAM’s offer guarded beaches, rest room facilities, open stretches of sand, picnic areas, and snorkeling opportunities. If you continue south into Wailea and Makena, there are a treasure trove of beaches, each with their own personality and charm.
5. Ground Level – C-105’s first floor location affords you an opportunity to spill out into the garden area when on the lanai as opposed to being constrained to a lanai with a railing. There is no waiting for an elevator, and C-105 is distanced from the elevator area and trash disposal area that can be a source of noise and unwanted light at night.
6. Price – We have adopted a pricing philosophy that we would rather see others enjoying our home away from home than allowing it to sit vacant in the search for guests willing to pay top dollar. This philosophy has resulted in our being able to host many wonderful singles and couples who have treated our Kihei home like it was their own.
7. Recreation Equipment – We have attempted to provide all of our guests with the basics for an enjoyable stay in this tropical paradise. You will find beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkel gear, a cooler, etc. to allow you to begin enjoying all Maui has to offer without having to purchase or rent gear before hitting the beach. Many guests prefer to rent their own snorkel gear, so just up the street is Snorkel Bob’s where they rent top quality snorkel gear. Get the 2 for 1 coupon online.
8. Entertainment – After you have taken in a full day of relaxation on the beach or at the pool area, shopping, touring, dining and/or nightlife; you are able to come back to the peace and tranquility of C-105 where you will find a flat screen TV, DVD Player, CD player, books, DVD's, games and playing cards. There is also a bedroom TV. An added bonus is the free unlimited calling to the US and Canada.
9. Comfort – We have made every effort to make all of our guests as comfortable as is reasonably possible. The pictures tell the story of the queen sized bed, the sofa bed and comfortable living room chairs, the dining area as well as the stools at the kitchen counter to keep the chef company. Outside you will be able to enjoy your morning coffee or a meal al fresco with the lanai furnishings.
10. Fully Equipped – In the kitchen, we have tried to think of everything to enable you to practice your culinary skills. You will find a rice cooker, a blender, coffee maker, mixer, toaster, microwave, and all of the utensils needed for your cooking pleasure. An unusual feature in Hawaii, we provide gas cooking. Last, but certainly not least, there is no need to go to a complex laundromat since you will find a washer and dryer right in your unit.
Hawaii Tax ID #W51900626-01
Keywords: Popular KAM II location, 1st floor, close to restaurants and shopping, tennis, pools, beach
We are early retirees who have been enjoying the beauty of Hawaii for over 20 years. After having visited all of the major Hawaiian Islands, we realized that there is no other place that offers what Maui offers. Living on the East Coast, it is a long flight, but it is well worth the time to reach paradise.
David Kochel purchased this condo in 2012
In our Maui travels, we explored north, east, south and west and stayed in each of these locations. There was no question that Kihei offered us the best weather, variety of beaches, and access to great restaurants, shopping and golf. We limited our search for a condo to the KAM I, II and III area and were fortunate enough to find our ideal location. We are an active couple. The South Kihei location affords us the ability to explore a wide variety of beaches each with their own personality. Our daily walks originate from our condo, and our more aggressive hiking locations are equally convenient. When we want to explore beyond the Kihei/Wailea/Makena area, other areas of Maui are very accessible.
The basics of a one bedroom, one bath condo in Maui are very similar from property to property. What makes our condo at Kihei Akahi different from many others are an in unit washer/dryer, gas cooking, the flat screen TV in the living room and cable TV in the bedroom. The first floor location eliminates the need to wait for an elevator or climb stairs, and it also allows you to extend your outdoor living from the lanai onto the spacious and beautifully landscaped lawn area. In addition to the location benefits highlighted above, the very short walk to a premiere, guarded beach is a real plus.
The Kochel family keeps this lovely condo clean and inviting. Everything we needed for a perfect vacation was provided (ie: towels, ocean toys, brochures, working appliances, and etc.). The location of the condo was also perfect! Just a 1 minute walk from beautiful beaches. Overall, we have no complaints, and would definitely rent this place again!
Lovely condo and everything you could possibly need. Owners should consider a new bed, king size preferably but if they want to keep their queen headboard a new mattress is a necessity. Also, the mattress on the new bed sofa requires a foam topper or be replaced as it is extremely uncomfortable too. It was very disappointing as the condo is adorable and in a perfect setting. I would highly recommend this condo but please realize that you should check first about the sleeping situation. It would be a benefit to the owners to replace these two items as your rest is so important and you will definitely receive positive reviews.. This is not meant to be a negative comment only a recommendation for the owners.
Wonderful clean and updated condo across the road from a great beach and so close to all the beautiful aspects of south Maui. Loved the provision of everything you need from beach chairs and snorkel sets to bathroom supplies and even a lot of kitchen cooking extras we didn't expect. Our only problem was the location of the bedroom - could hear every conversation of passersby in the parking lot and the bed was not so comfortable (as well as the bedding linens)The owners were very thorough to provide information and tips for our stay in Kihei. Would totally recommend staying here!
Had an amazing stay at this property. They thought of everything to make our stay easy and convenient! All of the beach gear and the cooler made for such an enjoyable stay. The unit is very clean and well kept and stocked with everything you could possibly need! It's a great location and easy to find and also easy to explore around the island. You can't beat the price either. Definitely the best value of any condo I have ever stayed in especially for being in Maui!! We will definitely be returning to this unit if it's still available the next time we return to Maui!
Condo was equipped with everything we could possibly need or want during our stay. Location of the condo unit was perfect for us as it was on the ground flood where you could step out on the Lanai and enjoy the beautifully landscaped grounds in addition to close access to the pool's and BBQ areas. The entire property grounds were very well kept and beautiful. Property is consistently patrolled by Security and is top notch, making it very comfortable for us to come and go and not have any worry. Unit is in a very desirable location with only a three to four minute walk to amazing beaches. It is also within walking distance to many restaurants and stores. We rarely used our vehicle during our stay since most everything was so close.
Property owners were so accommodating, helpful and easy to work with. We would definitely stay there again in the future.
|Registration||$15 + Tax|
|Cleaning||$100 + Tax|
Additional $10 per night for each guest over two persons.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.