|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Captain's Walk is one of the most direct oceanfront complexes located near the Marriott in Palmetto Dunes. 401 Captain's Walk is a three bedroom, first floor, end villa with beautiful views and a few steps to the beach. There are stairs off the back patio to conveniently take the foot path to the ocean or the heated pool (heated seasonally.) The kitchen is open with granite countertops, new cabinets and modern appliances. It overlooks the dining and living areas. The living room has a sleeper sofa and large flat screen TV.
The master bedroom has a king size bed, flat screen TV, ocean views and a private bath with a shower/tub combination. The second bedroom has a queen size bed, a full size bed, flat screen TV and access to the hall bathroom with a shower/tub combination. The third bedroom has two twin beds, flat screen TV and a private bath with a shower/tub combination.
Enjoy this lovely villa with it's convenient proximity to the Fazio Golf Course, Palmetto Tennis Center, bike trails, canoeing, kayaking and sunbathing on the beach!!!
We have been coming to Hilton Head for several years and always stay at Captain's Walk. We love the lowkey-ness of the place and easy access to pool and beach. However, this unit was a HUGE disappoint. It's very outdated and run-down.
1. The dishwasher top rack is rusted and gross - missing parts of the rack. Additionally, the dishwasher comes out of the wall.
2. The refrigerator is all rusty too. Plus the wall next to it was covered in food b/c the trash can sits there - not sure why the cleaning staff didn't wipe down.
3. There were limited kitchen supplies. Our kids love making virgin margaritas etc and there was no blender. The can opener was busted. The toaster handle fell off.
4. The towel rack in the master is not screwed in properly so you can not hang a towel or bathing suit from it without it falling out of the wall.
5. 6-8 of the lightbulbs were not working. We emailed management; but got so frustrated by lack of light, we had to purchase our own lightbulbs.
6. There were cigarette butts all down the stairs leading down from balcony.
7. Several roaches kept appearing which is normal for the area, but just added to the gross factor.
8. We could hear the footsteps of the upstairs neighbors - so they must not have carpet. This was frustrating if you wanted to sleep in.
9. The decor is dusty and outdated. Owners need to clean out the fake flower arrangements and random vases everywhere
The layout is great. But the owners need to put some serious care into the unit for the price and to remain competitive.
Our family enjoys coming to Hilton Head every year, and we especially love coming to Captains Walk to stay. I have never had complaints before when I have stayed at CW in the past 4 years. I was disappointed somewhat in unit 401.
1)The dishwashers top rack was rusted and missing parts of the grid that hold the glasses. The dishwasher had not been bolted to the back of the wall and was sliding out from the wall each time I opened the door. Needs newer appliance.
2) I found the pot holders had not been cleaned and still had food Stuck to them.
3) The side of the refrigerator had rust places on them. Needs newer appliance.
4) Furniture needs to be updated to accommodate families. More comfortable seating choices.
5) Bedrooms and baths were wonderful and comfortable and up to date. The unit overall needs to be updated.