|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
CUTE COASTAL HOME on the ocean side of Highway 1 only 40 yards to the entrance of Poplar St. Beach and Open Space. Our home is fully remodeled 3BR+/1 BA. A WALK ON THE BEACH is less than a 5 minute stroll.
Just minutes outside your door, you can walk to the BEACH, run/hike OPEN SPACE TRAILS along ocean BLUFFS, and BICYCLE along the Half Moon Bay Coastal Trail. Less than 15 minutes away are an assortment of beaches perfect for walking, wading, surfing, sunning awaiting your discovery.
Less than 5 minutes by car is downtown Half Moon Bay with its assortment of fantastic, quirky RESTAURANTS; shops; two major grocery stores including an organic option; golf; RITZ-CARLTON HOTEL; spas; hiking trails.
Indoor amenities of our FULLY REMODELED home include a cozy sealed gas fireplace in the living room, whole house furnace for comfy temperatures, updated and fully equipped new kitchen with sea green granite counters, bathroom with a deep tub and beautiful beach themed decorations and lighting.
THREE BEDROOMS include a queen sized bed in the Master Bedroom, full sized bed in Bedroom #2, and a bunkbed with two twin sized mattresses in Bedroom #3. (There is also room for a child's cot.) The living room has a couch that converts to a sofa bed and pocket door that can be closed to create a 4th bedroom area.
Outdoor amenities include an OUTDOOR SHOWER with warm water (perfect for rinsing after beaching or surfing), brand new BBQ GRILL in a fenced backyard, BACKYARD FIREPIT with comfy adirondack chairs, and a pretty natural stone slate patio in the front yard.
KID FRIENDLY home with Graco NEW Pack-N-Play CHILD'S PLAY YARD. Also, kids locks, books, crayons available.
This home and location has a special feel being close to the ocean that is hard to capture in writing. We and our friends love the DESIGN and UNCLUTTERED COMFORT of our beach home and we are confident that you will too. Relax and enjoy! (Check out the GREAT reviews)
Keywords: House, beach house, cottage, beach, half moon bay, san francisco, pumpkin, moon, hiking, biking, coast, open space, coastal trail, downtown, Mavericks, pillar point harbor, Ritz Carlton
We are a family of beach lovers (especially my wife) who enjoy having a beach retreat that is easily accessible to San Francisco, San Jose, and the SF Bay area.
John Ortiz purchased this house in 2002
We love this location because it is easy to get to, and it is next to the beach, bike trails, hiking trails and so many ocean activities. We also find the people in Half Moon Bay to be very friendly.
Here are 9 of our favorite Activiteis:
(1) Easy beach outings!
(2) Evening hot dog and marshmallow roasts on the beach
(3) Taking a run along the bluffs and returning along the beach collecting shells.
(4) Biking along the Coastal Trail up to Princeton by the Sea for a seafood meal at Sam's Chowder House or Barabara's Fish Trap (2 local Favorites)
(5) Biking or driving a few minutes to town for a Sunday morning chocolate croissant or Farmers Market (seasonal)
(6) Easy access to Coastal Repertory Live Theater
(7) Enjoying a romantic evening sunset on our beach at the end of our street
(8) Savoring a sunset glass of wine at the Ritz-Carlton hotel while listening to the bagpipers playing the sunset tunes
(9) A cozy nighttime fire in the living room listening to music with the sounds of waves crashing and occasional blares of the foghorns drifting through the windows
We were so cozy and comfortable in this home. The location was great. It was clean and well equipped.
This immaculate home was located minutes away from the Pacific Coast Trail which we went walking on every morning for miles. Everything in the home was in great shape. We loved the fireplace in the living room. The owners are wonderful to work with and we loved every minute in their home. Thank you and we look forward to returning. This home is a delight.
Great, comfortable house nearby to the ocean, bird sanctuary, long walking paths. Close to main street for shopping. Guest book/guide was extremely helpful with things to do and notes from the owner personalizing it. We would love to go again!
Very cute and clean house about 7-10 minutes walk from the beach. We all had a great time.
I had never booked a rental home before and was very impressed with the experience from start to finish. Communication was prompt and expectations were very reasonable, straight forward and appreciated. We especially enjoyed the binder with lots of helpful information on dining and recreation.
The property is very nicely updated and the location is perfect. Thank you for a wonderful, memorable vacation!
Tucked near to undeveloped coastal bluffs, this beach home provides excellent walking access to beaches, bluff top trails, paved bike trails. Easy access to Highway 1 makes more beaches, the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Golf Links and a number of tasty dining options just minutes away. In general, no pets allowed.
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
• Rates are subject to change until initial payment is made.
• Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of the stay will receive a 100% refund.
• Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of the stay will receive a 50% refund.