About the property
- House2800 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Hugh porch with swing, birds galore, great kitchen, on 200 acres, awesome hosts
Fire place, free WiFi, outdoor grill Dog friendly, 2 dogs max, 40 Lbs max each, close to Casino, Hiking on property, biker friendly, close to everything yet private and secluded, perfect for family reunions, weddings. flat screen direct TV, humming birds, swing and rockers on huge porch.
This home is part of community of 7 homes situated on 200 acres in a park like setting. We have years of experience in offering guests a secure safe place to relax and enjoy the mountain vacation of your dreams. We are family owned and want to share our mountain homes with you.
When you arrive your host Rich and Karen will greet you to help you settle in and address all your needs as they arise. Located not far off the main highway will give you the privacy you need as well as the convenience to Bryson City and all the surrounding activities.
Keywords: No worries, dog friendly, easy drive to home, close to Bryson, attractions and Cherokee casino.
The view will take your breath away…no kidding! This home has a Frank Lloyd Wright feel to it that perfectly blends itself with the environment. It overlooks seven mountain ranges, is constructed from local lumber and took over two years to build. You will be amazed at the detail to design and layout. It does not get any better than this, and we can customize the sleeping arrangements to fit your needs as follows:
If your are bringing your dog, please check the pet box in making your reservation or your reservation may not be validated. Only 2 dog max and 40 lbs max each please.
At a Glance
- Maximum Occupancy: 10
- Bedroom 1: 1 King Bed + 1 Twin or
2 Twins or 3 Twins
- Bedroom 2: 1 King Bed + 1 Twin or
2 Twins or 3 Twins
- Bedroom 3: 1 Queen Bed
- Great Room: Queen Sleeper Sofa -
- 2.5 Baths
- Free Internet, satellite TV, DVD/VCR
- Dog Friendly , Please indicate how many pets & include the pet fee
- On site Concierge & Management
- Complimentary use of Family Pavilion
- Hiking trail on site
This home includes wood burning fireplace (including wood), huge wraparound porch
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
About Mary Kraft
Settlers Mountain was created to share the wonderful Great Smoky Mountains with friends and family. What started as a personal retreat turned into a family enterprise. Bert and Mildred Kraft loved the mountains and its local people so they settled in Bryson City and built Settlers Mountain (circa 1959). Bert, being a very industrious person with the love of architecture, built the homes on the mountain and refurbished a hand-hewn chestnut log cabin built in the 1840's, one of only five left in the area. Settlers Mountain is owned and operated by the Kraft Family and is enjoyed by five generations of Kraft’s. We welcome you to make Settlers Mountain your retreat and create a lifetime of memories. The Kraft Family
Mary Kraft purchased this House in 1959
Why Mary Kraft chose Bryson City
This property has 200 acres and yet near to town on paved roads. Very well maintained grounds that is wooded and quiet, close to all the action the area has to offer or just sit back and relax
What makes this House unique
Viewpoint has the best view of the mountains and you will not be disappointed. Our guest are always very pleased and remark how beatifull the property and friendly the host are. Come and stay with us.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
A long weekend shared with kids and grandkids. We thoroughly enjoyed Settlers Mountain! The View Point Cabin was perfect .... secluded, a great view and plenty of room for our party of 10.
Our hosts were excellent. Very personable and made out stay outstanding. The home was clean with remarkable views. Looking forward to doing it again.
Larry and Marilyn
Good times with great friends
Fantastic views and a relaxing stay! This place has everything you need to make a memorable time with family and friends!
The Viewpoint is the perfect house for our group. Accommodations were great! Staff was very helpful. The porch was the our most favorite spot!!
Got every thing you need
Great Private house, nice views of the smokies. short drive to all attractions
loved the swing on the porch.
Very nice owner and staff
the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of five is that cleanliness could be belter. it was not dirty, just needed more deep cleaning of dust
Thanks for your feedback because it helps us to remain sharp. We pride ourselves in offering a clean environment for our guests so we will really take this seriously and look to improve our workmanship to insure a perfect place for you to return to.
Perfect spot, especially for Eclipse viewing!
Exactly what we were looking for, a large open mountain home that didn't try and look like it was from the Rockies. No dead animals as decor, no rusting farm implements on the walls that end up covered in dust - just a comfortable home. You can tell someone lived here and loved it. Yes, it's older- but well maintained and clean. The view is jaw droppingly spectacular. The drive into town is short and convenient, despite it's seclusion. The owners are lovely and on-premise.
Comfortable beds, good showers, and a kitchen that functions for cooks (we had large groups over a couple of nights in a row). Funky mountain wifi, but it's the mountains - look up and out the window instead!
We have moved the WI-FI receiver to higher ground and it has increased the speed and access. We are at the mercy of cable company for consistent service but so far they have been pretty good for the mountains. Thanks for your review and feedback.
Canopy zip line motor cycling Great Smoky Mountains National Park - 20 min away tubing smokey mountain railroad Gem mining Jet Boats
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- Check-In: After 3:00 pm | Check-Out: By 11:00 am -When you arrive stop at the office which is the first house you see coming up the driveway and is clearly marked OFFICE. Our resident caretakers Rich & Karen will check you in and give you the key to your rental home. Should you need more information or help while staying on Settlers Mountain call them - Occupancy based upon the number of beds per cabin. You can not exceed maximum occupancy without prior approval by management. - Cleaning Fee of $100.00 - All cabins are "dog-friendly" for dogs up to 40 pounds; which must be approved by management at the time of reservation and a $50.00 pet cleaning fee will apply. If you are bringing your dog, please check the pet box in making your reservation or your reservation may not be validated. - 50% deposit required to confirm & hold your reservation: If you cancel more than 30 days before your reservation, your deposit will be cheerfully refunded. If the reservation is canceled less than 15 days prior to your arrival date, your deposit will be forfeited. - The balance of the reservation will be due 15 days prior to arrival: Cash, Personal Check and Major Credit Cards (Amex, Visa, MC, Discover) are accepted. - No refunds will be issued for early departure (including weather-related issues). - For the comfort of all our guests smoking is permitted outdoors only.