|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Tamarindo Property Description
ATTENTION: Inquiries for information or reservations may have delayed responses until after Feb 3rd, 2017. We are sorry for any inconvenience and will be sure to reply to any pending requests at that time.
Welcome to “La Caja de Joyas” or “The Jewel Box”, our family’s private and relaxing vacation property. We are located in the quiet community of Playa Langosta, Tamarindo. Playa Langosta is small charming community associated with Tamarindo that has a variety of shops and services as well as an amazing beach suitable for family swimming and some of the best surfing in the area. You can beach walk for miles or just relax and enjoy the amazing climate and rustic feel of the area. A short walk, 2 minute drive or bus/taxi takes you into the commercial center of Tamarindo where there are many more shops, clubs and restaurants lining the beach. When not at the beach book an adventure tour, enjoy an afternoon/sunset sailing cruise, go turtle watching, take in a fitness class or just relax and enjoy a frozen Mojito, one of our favorite guilty pleasures while watching the evening sunsets from one of the many beach side restaurants. Or enjoy some delicious Costa Rican coffee at one of the specialty shops close by. And be sure to catch the Saturday Feria (market) where local produce and arts and crafts are offered up or take in live music from one of the many local gathering places.
We provide assistance to guests with transportation, tours and a host of other services to get your vacation off to a great start and the area offer activities for the whole family. Our property is a wonderful mix of Spanish style architecture combined with a clean and modern interior. Rental rates include taxes, all utilities and cleaning prior to check in and at check out. Floors are tiled and countertops are granite throughout. The tray ceilings and custom cabinets and doors add additional interest to the overall attractive interior. There is plenty of space in the open concept kitchen/living area with room to relax, entertain or socialize with family and friends. You'll also enjoy a 1300 sq ft private roof terrace with a covered pergola for BBQ'ing, relaxing or enjoying an evening glass of wine under the stars. The entire 2nd floor living area and 3rd floor terrace combine for 2,700 sq ft of private space for you to enjoy.
WHAT MAKES LA CAJA DE JOYAS SPECIAL?
* Very clean, well kept property, upscale furnishings and décor
* Safe lockable ground floor security gate at the access to the stairs that lead to the 2nd floor condo's main entry door
* large security safe
* Fully equipped modern kitchen, including dishwasher, fridge/ice maker, granite, tile, custom cabinets, electric stove and oven, blender, coffee maker, kettle, knife block, rice cooker, toaster, fully equipped utensils, dishes, pots and pans, paper towel, plastic wrap, tin foil, food storage containers, some spices and extras. Cleaning supplies also kept well stocked.
* Clean and comfortable living room furniture, throws, pillows, nicely decorated, custom rosewood tables, raised kitchen bar with stools
* 42” plasma flat screen TV, housed in a custom built entertainment wall unit
* Apple TV router provides access to your Netflix account or other Apple provided free TV services
* Blueray/DVD player and library of over 60 various titles
* Playing cards and board games
* Shelf of paperback books, "leave one, take one"
* upgraded 3 meg high speed wireless internet Wifi included, dual routers for back up, very reliable, capable of streaming video/movies, accessible from the terrace and pool area.
* High tray ceilings, custom lighting, A/C and two fans in living room, A/C and fans in both bedrooms, ceiling fan on patio
* Large 2nd floor outdoor covered patio overlooking the pool area, furnished with custom teak furniture, cushioned teak sofa to relax and read on, cast iron Castelle raised bar table/chairs, ceiling fan and night lighting, shaded during hot daytime hours
* Two spacious master bedroom suites e/w walk in closets & ensuites, tiled glass wall showers, granite counters
* 3rd two piece guest bathroom off the main living room area
* All linens, towels, beach towels provided for your use as well as hand soap and toilet paper
* Hair dryer and iron/Ironing board provided
* Clock radios, iPod docks, music in each bedroom and living area
* Private laundry room e/w washer/dryer & supplies located outside main entry door away from living room and bedrooms
* Large 1300 sq ft private roof top terrace with shaded pergola for private relaxing, BBQ'ing and star gazing at night
* Resident gardener, maintenance and security person on site 24/7
* Smaller development, 9 units total, sharing pool & common areas, ensures a quiet and relaxing stay
* Dedicated and gated off street parking located right in front of our unit.
* Owner operated, supported by local property manager, 14 years in Tamarindo, many personalized services available, personal check in, check out, accessible any time during your visit.
* "Super Langosta" corner grocery store, "Surf Club" sports bar, restaurants and beach access all 1 - 2 short blocks from condo, easy walking on quiet streets
* Over 50 restaurants, clubs, great shops, multiple tour and activity operators, banks/ATM's, all medical, dental and pharmacy services, all a short 20 minute walk or two minute drive/taxi/bus away in the commercial center of Tamarindo.
Guest receive a full package of information on the property, the area in general, tips and recommendations prior to departure and we enjoy answering questions and helping guests with their trip planning.
We are a retired couple who enjoy our second home in Costa Rica and are happy to share it with others when we are not there. Our objective is to provide the most relaxing and enjoyable experience we can in the same manor that we enjoy Tamarindo/Playa Langosta. We stay in close touch with our guests and have a friend and property manager who lives in Tamarindo that will support your stay as well. He can be reached at any time and provides many additional personalized services to the very few properties he manages. As a retired couple we have set the property up as our second home and leave it as we use it for our guests. You will find it very comfortable, clean and well maintained.
Clement and Kelly purchased this condo in 2013
This condo it is perfectly located between the pristine, undeveloped white sand beach of Playa Langosta, with its estuary and ocean breezes, sea birds, amazing sunsets, and Tamarindo beach with all its shops, beach side restaurants, services and activities. The community of Playa Langosta has a rustic charm and provides visitors with an amazing Costa Rican experience. Howler monkeys are known to visit our terrace from time to time and are always close by! This is our second home and we travel extensively throughout Costa Rica every year but have never found a place we would rather hang our hats than at La Caja de Joyas in Playa Langosta.
Very safe and secure, locked security gate at ground floor entry to private stairway leading to the 2nd floor condo. Large security safe for storing smaller laptops, tablets, and all your other important items and documents.
Roof top is an open terrace with a BBQ, pergola and great for star watching at night.
The shaded patio is critical with such warm tropical days. Facing west it remains cool and comfortable for most of the day and is overlooking the pool area so constant contact between the patio and pool area is easy and convenient for any family or group.
Our internet/WiFi service is an upgraded version providing higher access speeds and supporting good audio and video/streaming services. We have two modern WiFi routers on site. One Cisco Linksys and one Apple ensuring easy and reliable connections.
Costa Rica and this area have experience water shortages in the past. Daytime water has been cut off to the entire area at times. Should this happen our Villa Guapinol complex has a reserve water tank and private water pump which ensures water services are extended during those times. This is an important feature to check when inquiring about properties in the area, especially during the very hot, dry season from Dec - May.
This condo is well-equipped, comfortable, and had all we needed for vacation time. Both indoor and outdoor areas are perfect for relaxing. Pool on site helped us cool off on hot days. The beach was a great place to explore as well as swim.
Tamarindo was an easy walk from the condo, and fun to visit. Local tours offer great variety and there is plenty to do in and around Tamarindo. The area seems very relaxed and welcoming; friendly people and safe environment.
The property owners helped out with instructions for all aspects of the condo, which made settling in very easy. They also provided information about the area, so we did not waste a lot of time figuring out where to go or what to do. Great service and assistance always available, if needed.
We would definitely recommend this condo to other travelers, and will return if opportunity arises!
Thank you so much for all you did for us. Youir condo is so warm, inviting and lacked nothing. We loved everything about it. The howler monkeys greeted us when we arrived. We could walk into Tamarindo and one day we walked south to Lolas it was an amazing hike. The area was very quiet and we all felt very safe even walking at night. The beaches were amazing. Thanks also to the managers of the property who did everything to make sure we were happy and comfortable. Thank you so much Clem and Kellie for sharing your wonderful home with us.
We loved our experience at Casa de Joyas in Tamarindo Costa Rica. This condo has all of the comforts of home and is beautifully decorated and furnished. The owners have taken tremendous care to ensure your experience will be positive and without issue. We particularly loved the pool area, deck, comfortable living room furniture, access to your own netflix account, and small details like the soft, fluffy towels available for use. We felt very safe in the area and knowing that Alvero was there to maintain and look after the building was comforting. Although he didn't speak much english he could understand a lot. The walk to Tamarindo was about 20 minutes but there is a grocery store right around the corner and Playa Langosta is only a 5 minute walk and is a very quiet peaceful place to watch the ocean surf and wildlife. Costa Rica has beautiful untouched beaches and we often found ourselves to be the only ones on the beach which is quite amazing.
The property managers were also very helpful. At check in and check out they were on time, very polite, and knowledgeable about the condo.
The owners made booking very easy and were a wealth of information about the area. They also have a great book there that provides a lot of great recommendations for tours and restaurants. We can't say enough about this condo and the enjoyable time we had on our first trip to Costa Rica thanks to Clem and Kelly!!!
We loved our Costa Rica experience and one of the best elements was using this condo as a base camp. Comfortable beds, great family room and kitchen. It was perfect for the four of us. Plus we enjoyed an afternoon relaxing in the pool.
My two young daughters and I (mother) traveled alone to Tamarindo and had the opportunity to stay in this property. Being alone, safety and security were my top concerns and I felt great with it! The locking ground floor gate, additional lock on room, and only nine condos to share the pool (which I could easily watch from balcony) gave me peace of mind. The security guard was always present for a friendly Hola! Sunset was a great view from the rooftop terrace and we had plenty of room in the condo. The only thing I had to keep in mind was we were on the backside of the residential area (streets) and lighting was not as good on public streets as I would like, so I made sure to be back before dark and could make that walk from sunset on beach back to condo quickly. Loved the pizza place nearby with authentic Italians cooking it the way they do in Italy! We will definitely be back and hopefully with my husband this time who had to return to work during this portion of our extended Costa Rica trip. I will not hesitate to share this property with future friends and clients traveling to the Tamarindo area as we loved being away from the hustle and bustle of in-town Tamarindo. Pura Vida!
It was our first time to Costa Rica with the family. The condo lived up to everything we expected and more. The kids enjoyed winding down at the end of the day by the pool. We felt at home and enjoyed the balcony for coffee in the morning and drinks at night. It is a short walk into town, but far enough away to enjoy some quiet time. Safety was never an issue and the other tenants at the condo were all very friendly.
I would recommend this condo to anyone interested in staying near Tamarindo.
Thanks for the local restaurant recommendations and for a wonderful time in Costa Rica!
Almost limitless options for shopping, restaurants, tours, activities of all sorts. Tamarindo is well developed but retains a very rustic non commercial feel. Beaches are amazing, weather in this spot on the Nicoya Peninsula is some of the driest, nicest weather in all of Central America. It is what attracted so many to this location after the International Airport was opened in Liberia, about 45 minutes from Tamarindo.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 1 2017 - Nov 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $23 per night, per additional guest|
Dec 20 2017 - Jan 2 2018
7 night minimum stay
Jan 3 2018 - Apr 14 2018
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest|
NOTE: RATES ON THE TABLE CAN BE DISPLAYED IN US OR CANADIAN CURRENCY. Currency selectable, top right corner of table. Please inquire for monthly rates.
Holiday season Christmas & New Years, $1,950.00 US per week, 1 week minimum, 5 persons maximum. Please inquire for Canadian rates.
Rates include in-person check in/out between 8am-5pm, taxes, all utilities and cleaning. No additional/hidden charges. A $500 US security deposit (cash or credit card) is due before check in, returned after check out.