About the property
- Condo2600 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, Shaded Patio plus 1300 Sq Ft Private Terrace & Pergola, BBQ
Tamarindo Property Description
Welcome to “La Caja de Joyas” or “The Jewel Box”, our family operated private and relaxing vacation property. We are situated perfectly in the quiet, rustic Langosta community with it's pristine, white sand beach and beside Tamarindo with its many shops, restaurants, tour activity and nightlife.
WHAT MAKES LA CAJA DE JOYAS SPECIAL?
* Very clean, well kept property, upscale furnishings and décor inside Spanish architecture.
* Locked security gate at the ground floor stairway access that leads to the 2nd floor condo and 3rd floor terrace ensures complete privacy and security. A total of 2600 sq ft of private living area including private roof top terrace.
* large security safe
* Fully equipped modern kitchen, including dishwasher, fridge/ice maker, granite, tile, custom cabinets, ceramic stove top and electric oven, microwave, blender, coffee maker, kettle, knife block, rice cooker, toaster, fully equipped utensils, dishes, pots and pans
* Basic supplies all provided: paper towel, plastic wrap, tin foil, liquid hand soap, dish soap, auto dishwasher soap, toilet paper, laundry detergent, garbage bags, food storage containers, some spices and extras.
* Clean and comfortable living room furniture, throws, pillows, nicely decorated, custom rosewood tables, raised kitchen bar with stools
* 42” plasma flat screen TV, housed in a custom built entertainment wall unit / Apple TV & Netflix access (account required) / high speed wireless internet Wifi, dual routers for back up, very reliable, capable of streaming video/movies, accessible from the terrace and pool area!
* Blueray/DVD player and library of over 75 various titles
* Playing cards / board games / leave one take one paperback book shelf
* Comforts include high tray ceilings, custom lighting, A/C and two fans in living room, A/C and fans in both bedrooms, ceiling fan on patio
* Large 2nd floor outdoor covered patio overlooking the pool area, furnished with custom teak furniture, cushioned teak sofa to relax and read on, cast iron Castelle raised bar table/chairs, ceiling fan and night lighting, shaded during hot daytime hours
* Large 1300 sq ft private roof top terrace with shaded pergola for private relaxing, BBQ'ing and star gazing with a cocktail at night.
* Two spacious master bedrooms e/w walk in closets & ensuites, tiled glass wall showers, granite countertops. Also a third 2 piece guest washroom.
* All linens, towels, beach towels, beach chairs provided. Linens upgraded regularly.
* Hair dryer and iron/Ironing board provided
* Clock radios, iPod docks, music in each bedroom and living area
* Private laundry room e/w washer/dryer/laundry soap & supplies located in stairway directly outside the main entry door. Handy but away from the living areas.
* Resident gardener, maintenance and security person on site 24/7
* Smaller development, 9 units total, sharing pool & common areas, ensures a quiet and relaxing stay. Quiet hours 11pm - 8am enforced in the common area and on outdoor patios at night.
* Gated / reserved off street parking located directly in front of your door.
* Owner operated, supported by local property manager with 14 years in Tamarindo, experienced, many personalized services available, personal check in, check out, accessible any time during your visit.
* "Super Langosta" corner grocery store, "Surf Club" sports bar, restaurants and beach access all 1 - 2 short blocks from condo, easy walking on quiet streets
* Over 60 restaurants, clubs, great shops, tours and activity operators, banks/ATM's, all medical, dental and pharmacy services. All a short 15 minute walk or two minute drive/taxi $5/bus $1 away in the commercial center of Tamarindo.
What can you do? When not at the beach, shopping or eating out book an adventure tour, enjoy an afternoon/sunset sailing cruise, go turtle watching, take in a fitness class, hike to a waterfall or just relax and enjoy a frozen Mojito, one of our favorite guilty pleasures while watching the spectacular evening sunsets at the beach or from one of the many beach side restaurants. Or enjoy some delicious Costa Rican coffee at one of the specialty shops close by. And be sure to catch the Saturday Feria (market) where local produce and arts and crafts are offered up or take in live music from one of the many local gathering places.
Our local property manager provides assistance to guests with transportation, tours and a host of other services to get your vacation off to a great start. We also provide all guests with a full package of information on the property, the area in general, tips and recommendations after you booking is confirmed to assist with trip planning. We have creative ideas from many years spending time in this area and the country in general and are happy to answer any questions you might have at any time.
Clement and Kelly
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- English, Spanish, Italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
About Clement and Kelly
We are a retired couple who enjoy our second home in Costa Rica and are happy to share it with others when we are not there. Our objective is to provide the most relaxing and enjoyable experience we can in the same manor that we enjoy Tamarindo/Playa Langosta. We stay in close touch with our guests and have a friend and property manager who lives in Tamarindo that will support your stay as well. He can be reached at any time and provides many additional personalized services to the very few properties he manages. As an owner operated rental we have set the property up as our second home and leave it as we use it for our guests. You will find it very comfortable, clean and well maintained.
Clement and Kelly purchased this Condo in 2013
Why Clement and Kelly chose Playa Langosta
This condo it is perfectly located between the pristine, undeveloped white sand beach of Playa Langosta, with its estuary and ocean breezes, sea birds, amazing sunsets, and Tamarindo beach with all its shops, beach side restaurants, services and clubs. Live and sleep where it is quiet and have easy access to the shops, restaurants and lively night time clubs in Tamarindo.
What makes this Condo unique
Safety - locked security gate controls all access to your private 2nd floor and the roof terrace. Large security safe. Maintenace/gardener/security person living on site. Terrace - located directly above your condo, private, shaded pergola, teak adirondack chairs, hammock, BBQ, night lighting Patio - accessed from living room & master bedroom. Covered west facing stays shaded most of the day. Overlooking the pool area so constant contact between the patio and pool area is easy and convenient for any family or group. Technology - Our internet/WiFi service is an upgraded version providing higher access speeds and supporting good audio and video/streaming services. Two modern WiFi routers on site. Apple TV for Netflix access if you have an account Reserve Water - The Nicoya Peninsula has had occasional drought conditions during the hottest times of the year. Our complex has 12,500 litres of reserve water to eliminate water utility interruptions. Very important for any rental in this area.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Fantastic Vacation Home
This is a lovely home in Tamarindo from which to explore the surrounding area and to enjoy the beaches of Costa Rica.
Everything (town, beaches, groceries) are all within walking distance from the condo ... and a rental car will allow you to explore the many interesting spots in the area (Playa Grande, Playa Conchal, Monkey Park were a few of our favorites). The condo is in a very quiet area ...noise was never an issue.
Clem and his wife were fantastic to deal with - they were very quick and thorough in their communication with us and were very thoughtful in providing a list of recommendations for local restaurants and activities. Everything was as promised and as shown in the listing.
Check in and check out went smooth - with the local facility manager Hans being excellent to deal with.
The home is very well layed out and set up with everything being of very high quality throughout. We really enjoyed the large living space on the outside balcony and the rooftop patio. The pool was great as well.
We loved our time in Tamarindo and were grateful to be able to spend our holiday in this wonderful home. Would not hesitate to recommend!
Brad and Kat
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our family vacation home La Caja de Joyas - The Jewel Box. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope the remainder of your journey went well. Safe travels!
Hot Hot Hot but Loved It!
We went from April 12-19th 2018
All the previous reviews were very accurate and right on the money, in regards to the accomodations, location and proximaty to Tamarindo and all the restaurants and shopping. My wife and I did alot of walking to Tamarindo and the surrounding area of Langosta. We didn't have a bad meal the entire 8 days we stayed. We cooked breakfast a couple of days and used the grill just once but it was nice to have. The roof top deck became our hangout, especially at night. The condo had everything we needed and the grocery store around the corner was a short walk and very clean and convenient. The beaches don't compare in my opinion to those in the Carribean but we spent four days on the beach and enjoyed every moment of it. I have to be honest and state that the only issue we had during our stay was the beds. The matresses are very very hard and my wife and I had some hip issues every morning we woke up and had trouble sleeping on the beds while we were there. Other then that, Clement was very helpful before our trip and we had no other issues while we were there. The pool is fantastic and we used it almost everyday, especially after returning from the beach. We used cabs and took the bus on occassion and had no issues with either. I enjoyed our trip and would return for another visit in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We really enjoyed having you as our guests. We are sorry you found the bed not to your liking. It is a personal thing for sure and this is the first time in 6 years that we have heard this. We also sleep there ourselves a lot and they are very similar to the ones we have at our other home. They would be considered firm but are pillow tops and we also have a padded mattress cover on them too. Glad everything else went so well. The restaurant choices in Tamarindo and Langosta are the best. We've found no other place in Costa Rica that compares. Very special to have so many choices and to be able to dine in many places right on the beach. Safe travels.
Clem and Kellys condo in Playa Langosta is an ideal place to stay.
The location is in a very quiet location and just a short walk to the beach.
The walk into Tamirindo is about 15-20 minutes down the road but there is always lots to see and very safe.
There are many great restaurants right in Playa Langosta within a very short walk.
It is very nicely decorated with all modern appliances and décor. The rooftop terrace is a great place for evening meals. Pool area is very nice and kept very clean by an on site caretaker.
The owners were very good to work with and are willing to do what ever they can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
We are glad you had such a great time and enjoyed having you as guests at La Caja de Joyas. All the best with your future travel adventures.
I will be back!
Had the best time here. The condo is laid out well with lots of room. Very clean and comfortable. I can highly recommend it!
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We enjoyed having you stay at La Caja de Joyas and wish you the best in your future travels. Pura Vida!
This condo was literally a Home Away from home! It was spacious, clean and quiet which made for a very restful night sleep. We were a block away from the beach, everything was convenient and the property just stunning! W will definitely be back!!
So glad you had a great stay. We would love to have you back again. Safe travels!
Wonderful place for a family vacation
This was our first time to Costa Rica and with Clem and Kellys helpful advise and wonderful home it was an awesome family vacation! We were celebrating 2 graduations and our 25th wedding anniversary. The long daily walks on the beach and the fun family excursions will give us memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks for the Memories😊 The Quispes
We are so glad you had a great time and celebrated in style. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the kind words. All the best to your family.
Almost limitless options for shopping, restaurants, tours, activities of all sorts. Tamarindo is well developed but retains a very rustic non commercial feel. Beaches are amazing, weather in this spot on the Nicoya Peninsula is some of the driest, nicest weather in all of Central America. It is what attracted so many to this location after the International Airport was opened in Liberia, about 45 minutes from Tamarindo.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, GUEST RULES A $500 USD or $650 CAD security deposit (cash to property manager at check in or by on line Homeaway system credit card) is due before check in, returned promptly after check out. All taxes, all utilities and cleaning before check in and after check out included in rates. No additional/hidden charges. Check out 11am, check in 3pm. Optional times available subject to property and property manager availability. Rates include in-person check in/out between 9am-5pm. Optional times outside of those hours will require a $25 payment made directly to the property manager at that time. A loss of keys will result in a $150 charge to cover lock changes to the ground floor security gate and 2nd floor main entry door. No Smoking and no pets. Quiet Hours – 11pm to 8am. Pool is closed and guests are required to be sensitive to noise levels and your neighbors.