|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Our home is exactly what you're hoping for! Here are the 9 reasons this home stands out from the others.
1) TRULY BEACHFRONT. Not 'close to beachfront' or 'ocean view.' Your back yard is made of sand, and there is nothing between the house and the ocean except our own sandy beach front lot. Our lot is 250 feet long, and other than our house and pool, it's all sand!
2) HUGE PRIVATE POOL. One of the largest in the area. Most pools in our area are considered 'plunge pools.' Ours is possibly the largest private pool in the entire region. It is 40 feet long and 16.5 feet wide (12 meters x 5 meters). It also includes a children's area that is knee deep for adults and perfect for toddlers and young children.
3) THE AMENITIES YOU NEED TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE WORLD: DirecTV (with all the premium movie channels) and Free Wireless Internet!
4) A UNIQUELY DESIGNED, WELL BUILT HOUSE WITH AIR CONDITIONING in both bedrooms. Most homes in this area are older 'box' homes that are 20-50 years old. Our home was built in 2004 with top-shelf building materials, including a lot of tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. It has a unique architectural design, including 3 beautiful columns that support a shaded back patio overlooking the ocean.
5) EASY ACCESS from Cancun or Merida. Cancun is a 3.5 hour comfortable, inexpensive bus ride from Merida on a major highway, and Merida is only 30 minutes away. Our home is located in Chuburna, the best (most tranquil, best beach, closest location to the bigger towns) location on the coast north of Merida. It's 15 minutes to Progreso, which has a large (Wal Mart owned) 'everything' store and a cruise ship pier and malecon that you can see from our beach! McDonalds, Starbucks, Home Depot, Wal Mart and more are only 30 minutes from your door in Merida.
6) GROUND TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED for you! Our property manager will pick you up or drop you off at the airport in Merida and will be happy to take you to Wal Mart, drop you off at the mall or another tourism site, and do whatever you need for your entire stay! There is a fee for these services. By the way, our property manager has a law degree from the University of Mexico, lived in Nashville for 10 years, and speaks perfect English.....she'll be 5 minutes down the road from you during your stay!
7) SAFETY. We're in the state of Yucatan, which is absolutely, positively the safest location in all of Mexico. Look it up. Check the stats. It's safer than Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and where we live in the USA.
8) OUR HOUSE IS NOT LOCATED ON A HIGHWAY. We live on a quiet, sandy street. Many homes in this area are located right on the major highway that passes by. If you have dogs, children, or just want to take a peaceful walk from your house, it may not be possible from many homes in this region. We also have a fenced in back yard that provides a little extra peace of mind for those of us with pets and small children- no need to worry about them wandering off with a fenced in yard!
9) We also own a Toyota 4 Runner that can be rented by the day for a very economical rate- just $45 per day (including insurances) or $250 for the week. You'll pay nearly $100/day for a family vehicle renting from the airport in Cancun or Merida- we used to pay that much as well- that's why we finally ended up buying a vehicle and passing along much of the savings to our renters.
Just a couple of years ago we were looking for a rental home for our family to spend some extended, quality time together. During our time on the coast north of Merida, we visited all the towns and many homes. After seeing all of the coast, we felt that Chuburna was the ideal location because of its beautiful beach and proximity to Progreso and Merida.
When we discovered that our current home was for sale, we knew there would never be a better location for a beach home. The only thing it was missing was a pool! So we added a huge pool in the back yard, and now we have the perfect home on the beach!
Our house was built to North American standards, including heavy construction, pleny of excellent lighting, and 3-prong electrical outlets everywhere in the house.
We have 2 large bedrooms. The first is a master bedroom with king size bed (Spring Air Mattress), its own bathroom, and its own door to the patio and beach. The second bedroom has two double beds, and both bedrooms have their own new A/C unit with remote control.
The kitchen and living area are an open floor plan. The kitchen has tile countertops, plenty of space, and small bar that overlooks the kitchen. The living area has comfortable sofas and a full dining room table and chairs.
Most importantly, this entire home is built with incredible beach, pool, and ocean views, and it all leads to your perfect oceanfront location! We have outdoor chairs for adults and children, beach loungers, and a full patio chair and table set.
Our yard is completely made of sand. In the front yard, we have a number of coconut trees and a banana tree. The back yard is the same. Feel free to take a nap on the sand under your beach front coconut tree!
This home is all about the beach, ocean, pool, and being outside. It's about relaxation and rejuvenation. You'll never take a vacation that is more stress free than having your own beachfront home with private pool in a cute Mexican beach town!
In Chuburna, you'll find a number of convenience stores and small restaurants serving some of the best seafood you'll ever taste....and it's all just a short walk down the sandy streets from your home!
Keywords: Beachfront, beach front, sand, sandy, oceanfront, ocean front, pool, private pool, ocean view, ocean, sea, swimming, wifi, internet, a/c, air conditioning, swim, home, house, bungalow, casita, swimming pool
We live in Minnesota and have five children and three dogs! Matt oversees a Christian Ministry that creates partnerships between churches and communities all over the world. Gina is a Physical Therapist. Both of us love our children, our three dogs, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The Owner purchased this house in 2011
We love to drive all the way from Minnesota to Mexico to spend time in our favorite corner of the world. We've been to every continent other than Antarctica, and have decided that our beach home location is our very favorite place
You simply won't find a home to rent that has a better combination of location and amenities than this one. I know this to be true because we've spent time living and working in this area, so we know exactly what North Americans expect to remain connected with the world, but we also know North Americans are looking for when it comes to convenience, relaxation, and most importantly.....a house on the beach!
Our family very much enjoyed our one week stay at this lovely home in Chuburna. The home is spacious and immaculate, with everything you would need for a comfortable stay. The beach is beautiful and the pool - fabulous and refreshing on a hot day! Very nice shallow end for small children, with deep end for the adults. We felt very secure both in the home and on our walks in the neighborhood. While we did take the local transit, renting a car would be recommended as it's 10-15 minutes drive to Progreso. Good local restaurants nearby, as well convenience store for essentials. Great family home to enjoy!
This was an incredible stay at an immaculate house right on the beach with a wonderfully large and comfortable pool and incredible beaches and views! The bungalow is in great shape and has all the modern amenities of home. What a wonderful hidden gem of a place. Our hosts were so very organized and responsive both before, during, and after our trip! Had a car to drive also, which is a must! Nice fishing pier walking distance down the beach. Great restaurants and so much peace and quiet! I would highly recommend staying at this charming abode. Thank you so much!
We thoroughly enjoyed our month at this wonderful beach house in the village of Chuburna. If complete decompression from the hustle and bustle of life then this is the place. The people in Chuburna are friendly and we loved spending time with them. We fished with a local fisherman and got a feel for how many of the town residents make their living. Every Sunday we made sure we purchased chicken from a local man who marinates the whole chicken and grills it over mesquite for a very modest price.
There are plenty of small locally operated restaurants to choose from and if you want to cook at home there are several small markets for vegetable and fresh tortillas. For meats and your bigger shops, Progresso has several supermarkets with pretty good variety.
The pool is fantastic and was a hit with everyone. Being oversized it remains cooler because of the depth and water volume. You can sit in the pool and enjoy a wonderful 180 degree gulf view. We enjoyed the sunsets and watching the fisherman returning each evening with their catch.
Gina, the owner is a very good communicator and was a pleasure to work with. Veronica and Marti were hands on property managers that live locally and make your stay so enjoyable. They helped with arranging my fishing trip, transportation, set us up with Emiliano, our great massage therapist and found a special treasure, Candi who helped with the house, laundry and with preparing great poolside lunches .
You have many day trips to choose from when you are down there. Mayan ruins, Merida, flamingo watching are just a few of your choices. Take advantage of meeting the local people to make your visit even more memorable.
We spent five weeks at this villa and can't wait to return.
We had the pleasure of staying here for 11 weeks this winter. The view is amazing and the home very comfortable. The village is filled with happy pleasant folks that always have a big smile and welcome. The local van service is cheap and efficient. We did most of our grocery shopping in Progreso.
I would highly recommend this beach house for anyone who really wants to get away from the stresses of life. It is a slow pace and you soon relax and just enjoy life. The beach and ocean are beautiful. The owner Gina is amazing to work with and the property managers go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
I would rent a car from Gina so you can enjoy all the wonderful things around Merida.
Lovely tropical setting with gorgeous views of the ocean give you a sense of peace and tranquility as you gaze out from the patio.This modern beach home has everything you need to be comfortable such as a huge pool, Internet, cable tv, modern appliances,comfy furniture,air conditioning ,sandy beach and of course the beautiful ocean. The views are amazing and the ever changing colors of the water can keep you mesmerized for hours. We walked the beach for hours and enjoyed the beautiful new fishing pier just a short distance from the house. Chuburna is a quiet beach village and very safe . Our trip to Progresso when the cruise ship was in port was fun especially to see the vendors along the Malecon selling their wares. Our trip to Meridawas amazing also with the beautiful malls and shopping centers. The property manager Veronica and the owner Gina were both very helpful. I definitely will come to this lovely beach home again.
My family and I love this amazing beach house. My 2 year old and 4 year old fall in love of the swiming pool, great for kids. It has wifi, Tv english channels and a perfect swiming pool, Beautiful ocean amazing breeze. this house is great for families with young kids, it has equipement for everything you need! We love having a washmachine to avoid driving to the Laundry place, and the manager provides you a cleaning service if you need to and they are wonderful cleaning the house and the pool.
The beach and the sunsets could be one of the must relaxing time staying at this house and Chuburna is such a quiet and relaxing town. The owners and the manager of this house could be one of the must amazing people I have ever deal in renting a house. they provide everything you will need. they are So flexible and nice!! They always on top of everything when you need it. my kids enjoy picking up seashells walking at the beach, the water at the ocean is clean and the beach is clean as well. you can walk 2 seconds and you will find store near by.
we really enjoy this beach house and we are looking foward to stay again!!
Thank you Gina and Matt for let us enjoy your home!! you have an amazing home!!
See you soon
Mayan Ruins - Chichen Itza, Mayan Ruins - Uzmal, Cruise Ship Port and Malecon, Colonial District of Merida, Cenotes (underground rivers)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay