|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Our home is exactly what you're hoping for! Here are the 9 reasons this home stands out from the others.
1) TRULY BEACHFRONT. Not 'close to beachfront' or 'ocean view.' Your back yard is made of sand, and there is nothing between the house and the ocean except our own sandy beach front lot. Our lot is 250 feet long, and other than our house and pool, it's all sand!
2) HUGE PRIVATE POOL. One of the largest in the area. Most pools in our area are considered 'plunge pools.' Ours is possibly the largest private pool in the entire region. It is 40 feet long and 16.5 feet wide (12 meters x 5 meters). It also includes a children's area that is knee deep for adults and perfect for toddlers and young children.
3) THE AMENITIES YOU NEED TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE WORLD: DirecTV (with all the premium movie channels) and Free Wireless Internet!
4) A UNIQUELY DESIGNED, WELL BUILT HOUSE WITH AIR CONDITIONING in both bedrooms. Most homes in this area are older 'box' homes that are 20-50 years old. Our home was built in 2004 with top-shelf building materials, including a lot of tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. It has a unique architectural design, including 3 beautiful columns that support a shaded back patio overlooking the ocean.
5) EASY ACCESS from Cancun or Merida. Cancun is a 3.5 hour comfortable, inexpensive bus ride from Merida on a major highway, and Merida is only 30 minutes away. Our home is located in Chuburna, the best (most tranquil, best beach, closest location to the bigger towns) location on the coast north of Merida. It's 15 minutes to Progreso, which has a large (Wal Mart owned) 'everything' store and a cruise ship pier and malecon that you can see from our beach! McDonalds, Starbucks, Home Depot, Wal Mart and more are only 30 minutes from your door in Merida.
6) GROUND TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED for you! Our property manager will pick you up or drop you off at the airport in Merida and will be happy to take you to Wal Mart, drop you off at the mall or another tourism site, and do whatever you need for your entire stay! There is a fee for these services. By the way, our property manager has a law degree from the University of Mexico, lived in Nashville for 10 years, and speaks perfect English.....she'll be 5 minutes down the road from you during your stay!
7) SAFETY. We're in the state of Yucatan, which is absolutely, positively the safest location in all of Mexico. Look it up. Check the stats. It's safer than Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and where we live in the USA.
8) OUR HOUSE IS NOT LOCATED ON A HIGHWAY. We live on a quiet, sandy street. Many homes in this area are located right on the major highway that passes by. If you have dogs, children, or just want to take a peaceful walk from your house, it may not be possible from many homes in this region. We also have a fenced in back yard that provides a little extra peace of mind for those of us with pets and small children- no need to worry about them wandering off with a fenced in yard!
9) We also own a Toyota 4 Runner that can be rented by the day for a very economical rate- just $45 per day (including insurances) or $250 for the week. You'll pay nearly $100/day for a family vehicle renting from the airport in Cancun or Merida- we used to pay that much as well- that's why we finally ended up buying a vehicle and passing along much of the savings to our renters.
Just a couple of years ago we were looking for a rental home for our family to spend some extended, quality time together. During our time on the coast north of Merida, we visited all the towns and many homes. After seeing all of the coast, we felt that Chuburna was the ideal location because of its beautiful beach and proximity to Progreso and Merida.
When we discovered that our current home was for sale, we knew there would never be a better location for a beach home. The only thing it was missing was a pool! So we added a huge pool in the back yard, and now we have the perfect home on the beach!
Our house was built to North American standards, including heavy construction, pleny of excellent lighting, and 3-prong electrical outlets everywhere in the house.
We have 2 large bedrooms. The first is a master bedroom with king size bed (Spring Air Mattress), its own bathroom, and its own door to the patio and beach. The second bedroom has two double beds, and both bedrooms have their own new A/C unit with remote control.
The kitchen and living area are an open floor plan. The kitchen has tile countertops, plenty of space, and small bar that overlooks the kitchen. The living area has comfortable sofas and a full dining room table and chairs.
Most importantly, this entire home is built with incredible beach, pool, and ocean views, and it all leads to your perfect oceanfront location! We have outdoor chairs for adults and children, beach loungers, and a full patio chair and table set.
Our yard is completely made of sand. In the front yard, we have a number of coconut trees and a banana tree. The back yard is the same. Feel free to take a nap on the sand under your beach front coconut tree!
This home is all about the beach, ocean, pool, and being outside. It's about relaxation and rejuvenation. You'll never take a vacation that is more stress free than having your own beachfront home with private pool in a cute Mexican beach town!
In Chuburna, you'll find a number of convenience stores and small restaurants serving some of the best seafood you'll ever taste....and it's all just a short walk down the sandy streets from your home!
Keywords: Beachfront, beach front, sand, sandy, oceanfront, ocean front, pool, private pool, ocean view, ocean, sea, swimming, wifi, internet, a/c, air conditioning, swim, home, house, bungalow, casita, swimming pool
We live in Minnesota and have three children and three dogs! Matt oversees a Christian Ministry that creates partnerships between churches and communities all over the world. Gina is a Physical Therapist. Both of us love our children, our three dogs, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The Owner purchased this house in 2011
We love to drive all the way from Minnesota to Mexico to spend time in our favorite corner of the world. We've been to every continent other than Antarctica, and have decided that our beach home location is our very favorite place
You simply won't find a home to rent that has a better combination of location and amenities than this one. I know this to be true because we've spent time living and working in this area, so we know exactly what North Americans expect to remain connected with the world, but we also know North Americans are looking for when it comes to convenience, relaxation, and most importantly.....a house on the beach!
We had the pleasure of staying here for 11 weeks this winter. The view is amazing and the home very comfortable. The village is filled with happy pleasant folks that always have a big smile and welcome. The local van service is cheap and efficient. We did most of our grocery shopping in Progreso.
I would highly recommend this beach house for anyone who really wants to get away from the stresses of life. It is a slow pace and you soon relax and just enjoy life. The beach and ocean are beautiful. The owner Gina is amazing to work with and the property managers go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant stay.
I would rent a car from Gina so you can enjoy all the wonderful things around Merida.
Lovely tropical setting with gorgeous views of the ocean give you a sense of peace and tranquility as you gaze out from the patio.This modern beach home has everything you need to be comfortable such as a huge pool, Internet, cable tv, modern appliances,comfy furniture,air conditioning ,sandy beach and of course the beautiful ocean. The views are amazing and the ever changing colors of the water can keep you mesmerized for hours. We walked the beach for hours and enjoyed the beautiful new fishing pier just a short distance from the house. Chuburna is a quiet beach village and very safe . Our trip to Progresso when the cruise ship was in port was fun especially to see the vendors along the Malecon selling their wares. Our trip to Meridawas amazing also with the beautiful malls and shopping centers. The property manager Veronica and the owner Gina were both very helpful. I definitely will come to this lovely beach home again.
My family and I love this amazing beach house. My 2 year old and 4 year old fall in love of the swiming pool, great for kids. It has wifi, Tv english channels and a perfect swiming pool, Beautiful ocean amazing breeze. this house is great for families with young kids, it has equipement for everything you need! We love having a washmachine to avoid driving to the Laundry place, and the manager provides you a cleaning service if you need to and they are wonderful cleaning the house and the pool.
The beach and the sunsets could be one of the must relaxing time staying at this house and Chuburna is such a quiet and relaxing town. The owners and the manager of this house could be one of the must amazing people I have ever deal in renting a house. they provide everything you will need. they are So flexible and nice!! They always on top of everything when you need it. my kids enjoy picking up seashells walking at the beach, the water at the ocean is clean and the beach is clean as well. you can walk 2 seconds and you will find store near by.
we really enjoy this beach house and we are looking foward to stay again!!
Thank you Gina and Matt for let us enjoy your home!! you have an amazing home!!
See you soon
Stayed here for a week in February and had a good time. With just two adults who have been here done that and were looking to get away from the city this was a nice place to go.
The view here is great when you come from a prairie city waking up in the morning looking at the ocean in the morning. So the good, the bad and the ugly.
The Good: The house is nice, clean around the house and inside. Having the SUV for a day was all that we needed, we went in on Sunday to Progreso and did our shopping for the week other then that we didn't really have a need for it. We use the collectivo which cost 11 pesos per person for the $4 it was worth it. Beds were great, water flows were good, tons of towels, the washing machine was nice also. The pool was nice, I thought it was a big pool and didn't heat up very well. Tons of little stores... so strange it was like everyone owned a store selling some sort of coke product. Places to eat, we only went out twice there but it was enough. TV was nice though we only watched movies at night when the day was done. Internet was nice to check out the world. Veronica was always there for a hand with concerns and extremely helpful.
The Bad: The cook ware, frying pans were beat up, cutting boards are really dirty and worn out, a can opener that would have any restaurant closed down, and rusty squires. In the world we live in now they are not expensive and should be changed. No cell phone was given to us and we never asked as we thought this was stopped. The beaches are not like they are in the pictures, yes times change but walking on the beach was not like you would do anywhere else, sticks out of the water made you worried about getting something in the foot. As with the last review the bars and locks on the windows and doors were a pain and we didn't know other wise but to make sure we always locked up day and night. We didn't ask the owner though if it was needed at night. No window on the master bedroom door, this would have been nice to have left it open for a breeze to come through the room at night.
The Ugly: Beaten down places everywhere, we would go for a walk and to see the area made you a bit depressed at times. Gang tags on the walls around town and in the pool (SUB13 or SUD13) this is the main reason we didn't like the place unlocked. Progreso, not impressed at all, over priced food and drinks, the bus tour told us more about the places to eat and drink then history of the area.
We stayed almost a week in February. The house is clean and simply decorated, the pool is fantastic, the kids appreciated the dish TV and we adults were happy we had internet (although it went down a couple of times, for half a day or so). The beds were some of the most comfortable we have stayed on in Mexico! The view was stunning. Unfortunately, the winds were really blowing, we had read that could be an issue in February in this area and it was (but just on the water). Thus, we used the house as a base to explore the area--going to Merida, Celestun to see the flamingos, Cuzama to explore cenotes, Uxmal to go the ruins. All amazing places within a 2 hr drive. We found that by the time we got back to Chuburna, the restaurants were generally closed (around 7pm). The next town over, had places open later, so not a huge deal, but we could never just walk anywhere for dinner and drinks, as everything was closed in the evening. Although a beach town, it is not yet influenced as much by tourism (at least while we were there), which isn't a bad thing, a positive for us. We didn't meet the caretaker, Veronica until the day we left (she was out of town when we arrived). Gina, the home owner, was a huge help and very responsive when we had questions--we would email her while we were there and get a response back quickly from either her or Veronica. One thing we suggest to the owners is having a book about the house with an overview of procedures for the day to day of the house, leaving procedures, pool care-taking, how to get the TV/dish system working, etc. The email sent didn't cover it all. Perhaps Veronica normally goes over this for people, but since she was out of town when we arrived, we didn't get that overview and weren't really sure about various things, so then I had to send emails to the owner (like what do we do with the keys when we are leaving, etc). One minor negative for us, we were surprised how many bars over the doors/windows, padlocks and security system we had to contend with each day. We have stayed in many parts of the Yucatan and this is the first place that was locked down as much as it was. Maybe we didn't have to always use all those bars and locks, but no one told us otherwise (granted, we didn't ask), so we did all the locks and it was sort of a pain, although, nothing got stolen. The house has a prime view and the owners have done an excellent job of ensuring that you will have a fantastic time at their home.
I finally get to write a review on the amazing time i had here. We got married June 27 2012, very young and when we told everyone were going to Mexico they got a bit scared for us. We got there and the people were very kind and very sweet people, i wear a head scarf so i really wanted a place with privacy, and this was it, we had so much fun veronica was really nice and funny! She showed us around everywhere, the house was gorgeous, i was up every morning 6 am straight to the ocean, so peaceful. I really cant put the entire experience into words. We got to go scuba diving, along with jetskiing, massages. The whole trip was great we stayed 2 weeks and i didnt even want to go back home. On our way flying back, there was a storm so alot of flight cancelations, as were standing in line,(a very very long line) were conversating with a women about how much we loved our trip and all that, we went back and forth and it turns out that it was the home owner, she was too sweet, we ended up sharing a room because all flights were canceled. What a coincidence, we are actually planning on coming again very soon! With our 1 year old baby boy, who also loves to swim so hes going to love the kiddie pool ♡
Mayan Ruins - Chichen Itza, Mayan Ruins - Uzmal, Cruise Ship Port and Malecon, Colonial District of Merida, Cenotes (underground rivers)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay