Welcome to The Scandinavian cottage, a lovely mid-century house in the heart of St. Paul. This newly restored house is perfect for small groups of friends or families. We are centrally located in the Mac-Groveland neighborhood, just blocks away from historic Grand Avenue, Summit Hill neighborhood and Macalester College. Downtown St. Paul is just a short drive away. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, we want to meet all your needs.
This 1400 square foot bungalow packs a punch- the flow of the floor plan works well for 1-6 people. The living/dining/kitchen are all open and make for a cozy gathering spot, especially with the funky bar cart. The master suite has a king bed appointed with lovely bedding (and yes, we also provide nightstands, reading lamps and convenient bedside charging stations). There is a second master suite that features a queen bed and the 3rd bedroom has two twin beds. We've stocked the lower level entertainment area with large screen TV, a kids nook with toys, books and board games and a ping pong table. There is a hidden bar in the back with a few fun games; the perfect spot for a lazy afternoon or an evening-in to watch movies. The laundry room, also on this level is fully stocked (including an iron and ironing board) to make sure laundry is less of a chore and more of pleasurable activity if you must do it on vacation.
Although we've strived to style each bedroom with its own unique flair, we've also put a lot of thought into ensuring our guest rooms offer a high level of comfort. With this in mind, each bed has been outfitted with pillow top mattresses, two different kinds of pillows and lush, 100% cotton sheets for the best night's sleep.
We believe in traveling light. For ease of packing and to add further luxury to your visit, our bathroom provisions include organic shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. And, of course, there are plenty of fluffy white towels for everyone.
The refrigerator is always stocked with complimentary bottled water and our Keurig machine offers a nice selection of Starbucks coffee blends.
Please let us know what you like! We are happy to customize our offerings prior to your arrival based on your personal preferences.
The Scandinavian is an immaculately maintained house which we adore as much as our family members. We use every bit of the cleaning fee of $69 to provide a professional cleaning service on each turn.
We like to believe we have thought of just about everything, but in case we haven't, we are only a phone call or text away. We are as available or as hands-off as you prefer.
Other pertinent facts:
• Guests will have access to the laundry room including detergent and related supplies.
• While there is no garage there is parking for one car in the driveway and plenty of on street parking (all free).
• We are committed to responding to all inquiries, questions, comments and concerns within one hour.
• We want to provide an exceptional stay and create a memorable experience from time of reservation to departure. With this in mind, we personalize each stay by letting our guests determine our level of involvement and preferred method of communication. What does this mean to you? We are available to meet and greet our guests upon arrival or leave detailed instructions regarding keyless access to our home. You decide.
• Our neighbors love us and appreciate that we’re providing an exceptional short-term rental in our darling neighborhood. Please, no visitors past 10:00 pm.
We have scoured antique stores, eBay and specialty shops to curate interesting objects that create the wonderful vibe of this cottage. We ask that if you really like an item, please let us know and we can give you a quote for the purchase of it. Also please be kind to them.
We are absolutely intolerant of smoking inside the house (i.e. no smoking allowed). This also includes any type of inhalation delivery systems (i.e vapor pens, bongs, pipes). Please use the patio and ashtrays provided.
• We want to ensure your stay 100% as you had envisioned it; if something is not up to snuff, please let us know. We will correct it right away.
We also welcome everyone and anyone. No exceptions.