About the property
- House1900 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
2 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
You found your home away from home!
Looking for a Bed and Breakfast like setting with great amenities and private access, without having to share the property with other renters? What could make your trip more relaxing and your visit to the Appalachian region/Smoky Mountains more enjoyable!
Located in the heart of the Johnson City, TN, surrounded by a beautiful and peaceful neighborhood, this rental abode gives you a panoramic view of the pristine mountains and the shimmering city lights.
A perfect place to relax after a fun day full of activities of your choice (hiking, antiquing, fishing/swimming, horseback riding) or to take a load off after a busy day of meetings. Your home away from home awaits with 2 well-furnished bedrooms, a spacious living room with TV, plush seating and a fireplace, an open rec room with a pool (or ping pond) table and a fully-loaded private kitchenette. Rent this 1,900 square foot property and also enjoy an outdoor fire pit with a hammock and an 8 person hot tub. Private patio surrounded by mature trees (private, secluded environment). The home has a security system with 24/7 video surveillance on the exterior of the property. It can serve as a home base if you are planning a day trip to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Ashville. Owners occupy the primary floor; your privacy is secured.
Attractions & Adventures:
Discover the city that was dubbed Little Chicago in the 1920s, which was once Al Capone’s hideout and home to a chain of underground speakeasies. In addition to numerous local waterfalls in the mountains and the local East Tennessee State University campus, nearby attractions include:
● Bristol Motor Speedway
● Biltmore Estate
● Storytelling Center
● Music and Art Festivals
● Dollywood Park
● Watauga Lake
● Appalachian Trail
● And activities like hiking, fishing, jogging, mountain and animal watching, swimming, and horseback riding.
Fees & Special Arrangements:
● $165 / night for 1-2 people or $250 / night for 4 people ($43 / night per each additional person). Note: We want to accommodate YOUR party with customized, cost-effective rates based on number of people.
● 6 people maximum, additions must be discussed with owner prior to reservations
● 50% deposit required at the time of reservation (if at least 4 week in advance) or preferable option 100% (if less than 4 weeks).
● Minimum 2 night stay
● Holiday / special events rates may apply
● Rates for short term stays or extended vacationing may be negotiated to reflect seasonal period
● Light breakfast snacks available during your stay, continental breakfast available by request during weekend visits. Contact owner
● For questions or special arrangements, please contact owners via e-mail for a timely response
Amenities & Rental Description:
The property is a two level home, with the spacious open-concept; rental occupying the first/lower level via a separate sidewalk (or staircase) and private entrance.
In additional to the beautiful 10 foot high ceilings, the modern rental includes a variety of amenities:
● A relaxing lavender painted bedroom with a comfortable queen size bed (bedding included), closet, small work station with office chair, TV, dresser and built-in closet. This bedroom is connected to a full bathroom for your comfort, stocked with towels and small amenities.
● A peaceful tan painted bedroom with a view of the mountains houses a queen size bed (bedding included), dresser, and a free-standing closet / cabinet.
● Living room with a welcoming leather couch and two armchairs surround a TV with Netflix, XBOX 360, and a bluetooth compatible stereo. To delight your stay the living room has a fireplace, books, and numerous games for you to enjoy.
● Adjacent rec area / second living space includes a full size pool (or ping pond) table, leather sectional sofa for lounging and is an open concept to the dining room table and bar stools.
● An upgraded kitchenette includes a full size refrigerator, built-in microwave, sink, induction electric cooktop with double burners and a dishwasher. All major kitchen appliances are provided for your convenience.
No additional fees for parking on the safe street. No ADA / wheelchair entrance. No smoking inside. No pets (call owner if small pet). Breakfast accommodations must be requested during time of reservation.
* Places to visit listed below (average driving distance 15-80 min)
•Bristol Motor Speedway, 151 Speedway Boulevard, Bristol, TN 37620-17.2 miles
•Jonesborough Visitor Center, 117 Boone Street, Jonesborough, TN 37659-5.4 miles. Many antique shops, Storytelling Center
•Nelson Fine Art, 324 East Main Street, Johnson City, TN 37601-6.9 miles Downtown of Johnson City, Great Coffee shop inside and Krazy Krepes with Nitrogen-infused Coffee; many shops and small restaurants around
•Biltmore, 1 Lodge Street, Asheville, NC 28803- 68.5 mi; scenic drive to the larger privately owned and absolutely gorgeous U.S. property
•Watauga Lake/ Watauga Scenic Area, Hampton, TN 37658-24.9 miles or , Fish Springs Marina, 191 Fish Springs Road, Hampton, TN 37658- 28.9 miles. Great for swimming, fishing, boating
•Dollywood Theme Park, 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863, 84 miles
•South Holston Dam and Bristol Caverns, 1157 Bristol Caverns Hwy, Bristol, TN 37620; 30 miles, famous for fly fishing, breath-taking view
* Restaurants in Johnson City (15-25 min driving distance):
-Cafe Lola, 1805 North Roan Street, Johnson City, TN, USA, 423 928 5652
-Scratch Brick Oven Foodworks, 100 East Unaka Avenue, Johnson City, TN, USA, 423 262 8021 (unique setting)
-Tupelo Honey Café, 300 Buffalo Street, Johnson City, TN, USA, 423 202 9740
-Cafe Pacific, 1033 West Oakland Avenue, Johnson City, TN, USA, +1 423 610 0117
-Cheddar's Casual Café, 3000 Franklin Terrace, Johnson City, TN 37604, 423 262 0087
-Carrabba's Italian Grill, 175 Marketplace Blvd, Johnson City, TN 37604, 423 232 2858
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- English, Russian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 7, 2018
About owner/property manager
Hello, we like to travel, meet new people and discover hidden nature jams. We would like to help you to enjoy visiting this beautiful area in TN.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Absolutely Beautiful inside and out
This was one of the most enjoyable, restful and relaxing vacations I have ever had and this location is one of the major reasons! The property is 2 big bedrooms with one large bathroom. It has a huge living room with an entertainment center that has everything you need! This area opens up to the kitchen area and the pool table area with the large sectional. The property is spacious and beautifully decorated so it was like staying in an upscale hotel with wonderful views of the valley and the mountains. The outdoor area is as special as the inside. It has an area for eating and a porch swing for sitting and enjoying the views and everyone enjoyed the hot tub! The Stepanovs are perfect landlords. They provided personal touches like fresh flowers that made our stay so special. They offered us lots of privacy but were available anytime we had a question or we needed information. I have rented from Home Away in several places and I have to say that this property is one of my favorites and I will be coming back! Thank you Nona and Andrey for such a lovely experience!
Dear Barbara, thank you very much for your kind words and allowing us to be a part of the very special occasion for your family. You are welcome to our house at any time. Best wishes, Nonna
Johnson City Gem
The area as in Johnson City is a beatifil area, I have never been there. The accommodations were very homey and nice. I chose this as a birthday present for my boyfriend and it was a very good birthday for him, he loved it! He loved the place we stayed and the area. When I come back to Johnson City I will stay at the same place! The amenities were great, so much better than just a hotel! I had never considered Homesway before, but I am very happy with my choice!
I am glad you had a great experience! Visit us again:)
Owners are very friendly and we would rent again.
Thank you Joe. You are welcome to our house at any time! Nonna
Great renter, great rental, but...
The renter was awesome and the home very clean and an overall great place to stay. If you are not comfortable with the renter living in the unit above and having 24 hr access to the unit this is not the place for you.
Thank you for your valuable response. Just to note : with respect to travellers privacy, owner does not enter a rental unit unless cleaning or coffee/food delivery needed. If traveller indicates "no assistance needed", owner NEVER intrudes.
Beautiful Home and neighborhood
The area of the Tennessee where this property is located is beautiful. There is so much to do and see in the surroundings parks! Lots of lakes, caves, waterfalls. Excellent places for hiking. The house is immaculate - very clean and well maintained. The lower level was just upgraded and there is a patio right outside with the swing, picnic table and a huge Jacuzzi. The owners are extremely helpful in sharing suggestions of places to go. The description of the house and the pictures don't do justice to the actual property. The house is located in the multi-million dollar homes area and it is beautiful. Highly recommend!!
Thank you very much. We hope to see you again!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
contact owner if you need special rates; if you have children younger than 8 years old; small pets ONLY after owner approval; no smoking inside. NO noisy/drinking parties allowed. Only listed on contract people can be present.