|Minimum Stay||1 - 4 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Come relax and enjoy this scenic home overlooking San Francisco. Beautifully remodeled with hardwood oak floors, brand new kitchen with modern appliances, and 3 spacious and well-lit bedrooms. Enjoy private garage parking, proximity to public transit, and a serene setting in one of SF's sunniest and sought after neighborhoods.
Large rooms, spacious layout, and all the amenities you'd need, make this a lovely fit for any travelers. Spend you day sightseeing and come back to relax here!
- 3 large bedrooms - 1 King Master, 1 Queen, 1 Full sized bed
- An additional fold-out, Queen-sized sleeper in the living area
- Fully equipped, remodeled kitchen, with utensils, equipment, and modern appliances
- Free garage or driveway parking
- Free Wireless Internet (with Business Class speed)
- Free access to premium channels like Hulu, Netflix, and HboGo
- Video game system for the kids
- Big living room with fireplace
- Clean linens and towels
- Free soaps and shampoos, and bathroom essentials
- Access to washer and dryer for laundry
- Coupons for free taxi rides (please inquire)
- Nearby restaurants and grocery stores
- Easy access to public transit including BART station
- Just 10 minutes driving from SFO Airport
- Walking distance to shopping mall and drug stores
- Sunny, safe, and family friendly neighborhood
- Attractions like Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, Pier 39, Chinatown, the Mission, and Downtown within 5 miles and easy public transit
- Friendly hosts who want to make sure you have an amazing stay, and can give travel tips!
- Great for families and groups
- much more!
Hi, my name is Felix Remennik, and I grew up in San Francisco, California. I work at Google helping small businesses grow with advertising solutions, and I love my job. In my free time, I enjoy playing sports, writing and listening to music, and doing anything outdoors, especially hiking and camping.
Enjoy our spacious home in a quiet neighborhood close to public transit. Lounge in the large living area, cook in the full kitchen, enjoy sleeping on the new beds, & free parking. Close to the beach and parks. Let us show you the real San Francisco!
Felix was very responsive during my booking and attentive during my stay. The house did not have sufficient toilet paper and paper towels and he was able to provide that to us once I made hm aware. The photos did look like the actual property, which was a bonus. I would recommend this spot for a small group of friends or a family.
This property was very clean and has a fabulous view. Every thing went smoothly and Felix was great to work with. This was our first time using Home away and we will use it in the future.
The house was very clean and plenty of room for all 8 of us to stay. In a quiet neighborhood up on a hill. It had everything we needed for cooking and for the bathroom. Felix was very quick to respond to my emails and my calls, very nice guy. Travel time to San Francisco from the house was about 20-25 minutes, so not that far away. Would definitely stay here again.
This was a perfect place for us to stay while visiting San Francisco. We were very comfortable and had lots of space to spread out and relax. Felix was easy to deal with and answered all our questions promptly. The area was easy to get to, felt very safe, and had lots of parking. The view was great both during the day and at night. The guests staying downstairs on our first night were easily heard until after 2 am, but only in the living room and the small bedroom our children used.Our kids are oblivious to noise so they slept fine. The downstairs neighbors were not being overly loud - just talking and playing soft music - but the sound carries upstairs easily. The bedrooms over the garages were more isolated from the downstairs noise. Even with that, if we were to stay in the area again, we would definitely want to stay here.
However, some of the pictures currently posted are a little misleading. The living room, dining area, and hallway now have carpet which I am sure helps with the noise for the downstairs rental. However, if you were anticipating a carpet-free rental (perhaps due to allergies) this is not the case. The furniture in these areas is quite comfortable and suitable, but is completely different than what is pictured. There is a standard couch, a futon, and a table and chairs - but not the sleek modern furniture as pictured.
The photos currently include a view of the downstairs unit (white carpeted with futons), but that is NOT part of this rental - it is a separate unit that requires separate rental. A little misleading as you may think you are also getting that space to use.
There is access to a washer/dryer, but the pictured "laundry room" isn't here at this unit. The washer/dryer is a stackable unit in the garage. Does the job just fine, but it's not what is pictured here.
Also note: you can see the backyard as pictured if you look out the living room window, but access to it is only for the downstairs unit, as far as we could tell.
A previous review mentioned the connecting door from the downstairs unit. When we were there, it had a double lock. The doorknob itself locked from downstairs, and there was a slide-bolt lock on the upstairs side. In other words, occupants in BOTH units would have to unlock the door in order to open it. Similar to the way adjoining rooms in a hotel require occupants of both rooms to open their individual doors in order to get from one room to another. We felt totally comfortable with that.
We had a wonderful stay in Felix's house! 3 Adults, 2 kids and baby shared this house so comfortably! Loved the views of the city, and the trees and birds from the bedroom. We really liked how the house was tucked away on a back street. Never heard a peep from the folks downstairs, and everything was as described. Felix answered all of our questions promptly beforehand, and we will definitely stay again if we're in the area. Thanks!!
The stay itself was great. Everything was very clean and well organized. The place was big enough to hold 2 households with 8 people. I loved the big kitchen with brand new appliances. We had a good time in the city, shopping nearby and cooking at home. The view from the windows were great too.
However, I have to mention a few things that worried me before and during the stay.
1. The price listed on the website was different from what we got. The manager explained that the special price was due to the Thanksgiving week. I would have liked to see the actual price when we were searching. I don't think it is a good practice to show someone with a cheap price and raise it once someone contacts you.
2. There might be someone downstairs. Almost a week or 2 weeks before the stay, we got the House Manual in PDF file. On that manual the first thing it says is "Important: We frequently have guests staying with us in the downstairs unit." We had no knowledge of that when I paid for the stay. Having 3 little kids with us, we were worried that the volume of them running around the room would be disturbing whoever is downstairs. This is a very important piece of information that should have been disclosed upfront.
3. There is a locked door that leads to the 1st floor. How do I know that it leads to the 1st floor? Because it was locked the 1st day but unlocked the 2nd day. That means, when we were gone to the city during the day, someone opened the door and may have come inside. That made us uneasy because whoever came into the room violated our privacy without us expecting it.
4. After I paid the fee, I noticed that most of the other reviews were written in a very similar tone and people writing the reviews wrote only for this property or properties managed by the same manager. All the reviews were 4 to 5 stars and were written within a month or two. This is not a good sign. I cannot determine that they are all inauthentic but I have to say they are not credible enough.
The fact is, this house is pretty good and the owner doesn't need any unnecessary marketing tactics that only hurt their credibility. They can disclose all the bad news upfront and it still is a good place to stay.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Nov 22 2016 - Nov 29 2016
4 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Dec 21 2016 - Jan 1 2017
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
This home is in a residential neighborhood, but with plenty to do nearby. However, we would request that guests keep to respectable volumes during night hours to ensure a tranquil experience for the community. Thank you!