Bay of Fundy, Minutes from the Bay of Fundy and the some of the BEST Whale Watching in Canada
Located in the Village of East Ferry. Only minutes away from where the Phenomenial Bay of Fundy tides meet Saint Mary's Bay creating some AMAZING tidal action. This relaxing vacation home is in a 3 year old, 2 bedroom split level executive home with everything you need to enjoy your stay.
Things to do in the area:
- AMAZING WHALE WATCHING - The waters at the mouth of the Bay of Fundy from the ledges off Brier Island right up the Digby Neck are important feeding areas for many species of cetaceans (whales, dolphins, porpoises), seals and a wide variety of seabirds. www.oceanexplorations.ca
- AMAZING HIKING TRAILS - experience the rugged fundy coast and marine life hiking the trails on Long Island and Brier Island.
- AMAZING NATURAL BEACHES - You can find some quite, natural beaches along the Digby Neck for romantic walks, sunbathing, or even a "cool" dip.
- AMAZING BIRD WATCHING - the area is reknowned for it's great bird watching and you will surely enjoy the variety whether you are an avid or casual birder.
- swimming and/or fishing at Lake Midway 10 minutes away (fishing rods supplied but you need to get your own worms)
- Golf - 30 Minutes away in Digby
- Eating Seafood
Day trip ideas:
Upper Clements Theme Park - Fun for the whole family
Kejimkujik National Park - Conoes, Kayaks and mountain bikes can be rented here and great hiking trails too.
Drive along the Acadian Shore and experience the hospitality of the descendants of the first settlers in Nova Scotia (early 1600's)
Visit the historic town of Annapolis Royal and Fort Anne
Just to name a few...
additional photos can be seen at:
Owners' whalewatching business: www.oceanexplorations.ca
Ocean Explorations Whale Cruises
The waters at the mouth of the Bay of Fundy from the ledges off Brier Island right up the Digby Neck are important feeding areas for many species of cetaceans (whales, dolphins, porpoises), seals and a wide variety of seabirds. Most common species seen are the Minke, humpback and fin whales, harbour porpoise and Atlantic white-sided dolphins. Right whales are frequently seen. Sperm, sei, and blue whales have also been spotted in the Bay of Fundy.
Ocean Explorations Whale Cruises is run by Marine Explorations and Research Ltd. Tour director, biologist Tom Goodwin, has overall training and experience in the fields of marine and wildlife biology and has undertaken graduate studies in environmental education.
"One of the highlights of a lifetime" ... "your knowledge of the whales enhanced the experience immeasureably as did seeing them in the Zodiac, which put us to close to them. I can't imagine a better way to see whales!"
- P. Hogen, Connecticut
An earned designation from the Bay of Fundy Tourism Partnership, dedicated
to sustainable tourism and quality travel experiences on Canada's
phenomenal Bay of Fundy.
This designation is awarded to Bay of Fundy accommodations, attractions
and outdoor adventure operators who have partipated in a comprehensive
tourism quality development program to raise the standard of excellence in
Recommended on Trip AdvisorWeeks generally run Saturday to Saturday. Checkin is 3PM and Checkout is 11AM, unless prior arrangements made.
If rate shows up as a daily rate, it is based on minimum 7 nights. Please phone us to discuss other option(s).
8 week cancellation policy, deposit required
Pets may be permitted, with extra refundable pet deposit. Please discuss at time of booking. I don't know if it will (now) automatically add the $100 for all bookings, or not. ... If you are booking through here and it adds it, just give us a call, 902.839.2417