Four Bedroom, 3 Bath House. Unobstructed Ocean Views. Across From Beach Park
About Richard Standke
Owner of 4 homes directly across from Richardson's Beach Park and 3 ocean front homes in Paradise Park. I manage these homes personally with my cell number available to all guests. Payments are handled through the security of the Homeaway/VRBO site. Guests also receive information on restaurants, shopping and my favorite places to visit.
Richard Standke purchased this House in 2015
Why Richard Standke chose Hilo
There is no place place on the East side of the Big Island like Hilo's Richardson's Beach Park. I purchased the house in October, 2013. It was almost a tear down. A few upstairs walls remain and can be identified by the tongue and groove. The chimney was also saved. The foundation was poured new as well as the other 95% of the house. It was expanded to include both decks. Construction took almost two years. The location is on almost half an acre with fruit trees including papaya, avacado, bread fruit and a mulberry tree.
What makes this House unique
If you plan on staying more than a couple days, you will have to enjoy the location. If you love the water and especially snorkeling, you will not find a better location. The best snorkeling is in just a few feet of water right in front of the black sand beach. It is like swimming in a tropical fish store. Green sea turtles come to rest for the night in the evening at the rocks just beyond the black sand beach. The water is largely sheltered by the rocks creating a partial lagoon. Yet this house is just down the street from Downtown Hilo. Great for quick trips out to eat, shopping and many tourist locations. Review the "Location" tab for a list of over 20 great places to see.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Plenty of smiling areas outside.
Beware of Hawaii's limitations on visiting dogs.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great house - perfect for our family of 12!
This is a beautiful house in a perfect location. Snorkeling, swimming, sea turtles are just across the street and everything we needed for water fun was provided. Richard is very easy to communicate with and quickly answered any questions we had. None of us wanted to leave this little piece of paradise!
Great property with a nice informative property manager.
We loved sitting outside on the deck listening to nature and enjoying the view. All of the coves had so much different scenery (turtles, snorkeling, black sand beaches, etc...)
The house was super comfortable and fit 7 children, 5 adults perfectly. I would recommend staying here!
Family Fun and Celebration
Beautiful setting, close to all we wanted to do. Everything promised by management was delivered: wonderful house, close to sea turtles, swimming, snorkeling! Kids and grandkids all loved it too! Thanks for helping to make our 40th anniversary celebration amazing!
Beautiful property and well-maintained. Directly across the street from the beach and short drives to restaurants and shops.
5 day Hilo Getaway
The house was beautiful and very well equipped. Excellent location. Would highly recommend and can't wait to return.
Great house, at a great location!
The house was fantastic! Across the street from the ocean, and enough room for everybody to have their own space!
Only 45 minutes to Volcano National park.House is just 3.5 miles from Downtown Hilo on the South side of Hilo Bay. It is at the end of a small beach road across the street from Richardsons Beach Park, the best known beach park on this side of the Island. Not well known, Hilo has more tourist destinations than any Hawaiian destination. These include:
*Historic Downtown with shops and restaurants on the Bay.
* Waterfalls right in town. Rainbow Falls and Boiling Pots.
* Akaka Falls just 25 minutes North of Hilo
* Volcano National Park, just 35 minutes above Hilo
* Hawaiian Botanical Gardens.One of the nicest gardens you will find.
* Hilo Farmers Market. Everyday but largest on Wednesday and Saturday.
* Liliuckalani Gardens at Hilo Bay including Coconut Island.
* Lyland museum for historic information and geologic rocks.
* Tsunami museum housed in a historic bank
* Wine tasting at the Volcano Winery
* Beer tasting right in town at Hawaii Nui Brewery
* Coffee tasting at Hilo Coffee Mill on your way to the Volcano
* Hilo Zoo. Free and very pretty.
* Mauna Loa Nut company self guided "look through window" tour and gift shop. Free and nice shop for lunch and ice cream.
* Historic Palace Theatre downtown. Check internet for show dates.
* Nearby to Pahoa town, near active lava flows.
*Continue on to Ahalanui Park's warm pond and then snorkle at Champagne Ponds (tidepools) in Kapoho.
* Venture South beyond Volcano National Park to Punaluu County Park for lots of black sand and full time lounging turtles.
* Continue South for Punaluu Bake shop and South Point Road. Incredable vistas from the most Southern point in the U.S.
* Go North along the beautiful Hamakua coast and go horseback riding in Waipi'o Valley.