About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 6 nights
Condo, Studio, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 3)
Napili Shores Resort boasts 6 acres of oceanfront on the shores of Napili Bay, 15 minutes north of Kaanapali and 20 minutes north of Lahaina.
The spectacular grounds of Napili Shores overlook the islands of Molokai and Lanai offering stunning sunsets and whale watching opportunities. Walk just a couple of minutes to beautiful, sandy Napili Beach, considered one of the best swimming beaches on the island. Also, just a short stroll, is Honokeana Cove, a wonderful snorkelling bay and home to many turtles and magnificent sea life.
There are two pools on the property: the 'oceanfront pool' overlooks the bay and the 'upper pool and hot tub' are located in a lush garden setting surrounded by spacious landscaped grounds. Barbeques and picnic tables bring guests together in the evening creating a friendly social atmosphere. Two restaurants, water sports rentals, an activity desk and coin operated laundry are on site. Napili Shores does not charge daily "resort fees", just a one-time $45 fee to cover check-in, key processing, and front desk services.
Our well maintained condos are at ground level, with lanais set near the upper pool, and free parking right outside your door. Updated and well-equipped kitchens, attractive and comfortable furniture, including a king size bed and a Smart TV will help to make your stay very enjoyable. WiFi is complimentary. You may want to also check out our other unit D-128 at VRBO listing #237536
Note: Napili Shores does not have air conditioning. Louvered windows allow airflow from the trade winds while two overhead and additional portable fans offer a natural and quiet cooling solution.
Dan and Donna
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 23, 2018
About Dan and Donna
Dan is a retired airline pilot and Donna is a retired airline operations coordinator. In addition to our homes in beautiful Napili Bay we also enjoy time at our ski vacation condo on the mountain at Sun Peaks, BC. Our primary home is in British Columbia. We have a passion for travel and love the outdoors.
Dan and Donna purchased this Condo in 2012
Why Dan and Donna chose Kapalua
After visiting the Hawaiian Islands many times and staying at a number of different locations we found Napili Bay. It was the true 'tropical paradise' we had been searching for...a perfect balance of activity and socializing with a quaint and peaceful ambiance. Napili Shores resort boasts a friendly, community feel with owners and guests returning year after year.
What makes this Condo unique
Location is the key. Without driving, or even walking across the road, we can swim in the ocean or pool, snorkel, boogie board, walk the shoreline, enjoy whale watching and beautiful sunsets and, of course, the turtles. We have made many friends around the BBQ in the evening.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Room was in great shape and everything worked. Great view from the balcony
This is our 7th time at Napili Shores and we have never been disappointed. We know to bring the binoculars and see all the whales. Bonus this trip was the large group of porpoises (+100) on multiple days close to shore. 2 restaurants including The Gazebo to choose from. We took advantage of the gas barbecues to grille the great steaks you can find at the Napili Market. Snorkeling at the Napili Bay reef is still a good show. The sea turtle population keeps increasing so you are assured to see more than one each time you are out.
Hate to leave. Already starting to plan our next trip.
Lots of details add up
We found quite a few details, ranging from annoying to safety issues, that added up to an unenjoyable stay.
- The ground-floor sliding patio door lock latch is very finicky. The door can be closed, and the lock can be appear to be secured. But, just pull on the door and the door opens, meaning the latch never "caught" and the door was never locked in the first place. We didn't discover this until our last day. Thankfully, the area seems safe, but this seems like a significant detail for a ground floor unit.
- No soap or shampoo is provided. While the owners note upfront that they don't provide toiletries, every other AirBnB's and VRBOs we stayed at on Maui provided at least travel sizes. Having to deal with this exception is pretty inconvenient. Not providing little soaps and shampoos seem like nickel and dime-ing.
- Why is there a separate key charge here? Other AirBnB's I've stayed at, including ones on Maui, don't require a key charge. If you're staying here for one or two nights, having to pay the extra fee can noticeably increase your final cost.
- They were daddy-long legs spiders hidden in the towels hanging in the bathroom.
- The spaces in the parking lot are pretty narrow. You hope that someone doesn't hit your car with their door. At least we were able to find parking close to the unit.
- A number of the electrical outlets in the unit do not work.
Indeed, it was a cost-effective option to the pricer resorts in the area. However you get what you pay for. In general, we felt the resort as a whole feels a bit dated and could use a refresh soon.
This review took us by surprise as it is a bit of an anomaly. We strive to keep our condos up to a high standard, and our guests happy. We encourage guests to let us know as soon as possible if they have issues; it was disappointing to receive this, having had no communication from the guest during their stay.
We would like to address the guest issues:
- Had the guest informed us of the issue with the sliding glass door, we would have had maintenance attend immediately. While Napili Shores is a relatively safe property with a security guard on duty at night, we still want guests to have the option to lock the door.
- Our VRBO listing states that toiletries are not provided. The cleaning service provides soaps, detergent etc., but not shampoo, as this can be a personal choice item for many. This standard is used by a number of cleaning services on Maui. As stated in the review, the guest was aware of this in advance; they chose to go ahead with the booking anyway.
- There is a separate key charge because that's the way the resort has chosen to handle the check in and other services provided to guests of independent owners. Outrigger manages the property and sets the fee amount. Guests are informed and must agree to this and all "policies and terms" prior to booking. Napili Shores does not charge daily fees as many hotels and resorts are now doing.
- We have never seen a spider in our condo, at the resort, or anywhere else on the island. Finding spiders in the towels this would be a very surprising and rare occurrence.
- There is ample complimentary parking right outside the entry door, and we've never heard a complaint about the size of the spaces.
- We are unaware of any outlets not working but will check it out. All were working 2 months ago when we were there and nothing has been reported to us since. There is one outlet connected to a wall switch which must be "on" to work; this is explained in our guest information book. Perhaps that was the issue.
Napili Shores is a beautiful, affordable, well maintained, and.very popular resort, but it's not for everyone. Many of our guests return yearly and stay for 1-4 weeks. They come for the friendly community atmosphere, proximity to swimming and snorkelling, and so much more. It's not for the traveller looking for a "high end" vacation experience. Perhaps Napili Shores was not the right fit for this guest.
Nice condo, excellent location, lots of the amenities one would need. It was neat and clean when we arrived and owners responded quickly to troubled toilet
Lovely condo on Napili
Well appointed condo and very comfortable. Wonderful view of the garden and a short stroll to the beach. Spectacular views of the sunset from the grounds and we saw several whales breaching. Laid back and friendly environment. Sad to be leaving. Want to come back soon!
Great location!! Had a great time! Mahalo!
Coffee at the wall in the morning was a highlight. Beautiful whales passing by each day. Great snorkeling!
Always a great stay at Napili Shores
Steps to Napili Bay! Swim with the turtles, view whales and dolphins, enjoy fabulous sunsets and nearby shoreline walks. Two swimming pools, "Gazebo" restaurant and "Water Works" beach rentals/store on property.
Additional information about rental rates
ENQUIRE ABOUT DISCOUNTS FOR STAYS OF 14 DAYS OR LONGER $45 fee charged at check in to cover key processing, front desk services, etc. ($75.00 after April 1, 2018) Tax ID #W46149700-01