|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalize payment on HomeAway.
Brand new and fully furnished 1 bedroom with queen sized bed and a convertible bed , 1 bath bungalow, sleeps up to four people, is available year-round central air conditioning and heat. Locally owned and operated. We provide a quiet fenced yard with a deck and barbecue grill. We are close to local grocery stores, a top quality meat store and restaurants. Located steps away from the beautiful River's Edge Park and newest bike path in Columbia Falls. Walk down to the Flathead river and experience Montana's natural beauty first hand. We are centrally located in the Flathead Valley, providing easy access to skiing, hiking, biking and fishing, as well as great shopping and dining. Less than 15 minutes to Glacier International airport and the Amtrak train depot and only 20 minutes to Glacier National Park and Whitefish Mountain Resort at Big Mountain.
My Husband and I both grew up in the Flathead Valley, and moved back after our college education to raise a family in Columbia Falls.
We enjoy getting out and exploring this beautiful place we live every chance we get.
Kristi Hatfield purchased this bungalow in 2008
We purchased this property to provide visitors to the Flathead a quiet and peaceful place to stay that is close to nature and centrally located to the airport, train station and Glacier Park. Columbia Falls is a friendly community and the Gateway to Glacier.
We are outdoor enthusiasts and happy to share our favorite places to visit and explore- whether it be bird watching, fishing or hiking in the Park and nearby National Forest trails.
This was the perfect place to celebrate Valentine's Day and a long weekend. It was so cozy and a wonderful little retreat. Much better than a condo like you said! Many thanks again for your warm hospitality and recommendations!
Marianne from Calgary, Alberta
The bungalow was clean, comfortable and conveniently located for access to Glacier National Park. It has a nice open layout and the kitchen is updated, and includes all the basic cookware/dining ware for cooking and dining in. It was a great home base for us after spending the day hiking and sightseeing in Glacier, and wonderful to have WIFI access. When we had questions, the owners were very responsive - thanks, Kristi. Wonderful for 2 people with lots of gear.
My husband and I so enjoyed our stay for a week. This location was a perfect location, after a long day of hiking. Quite neighborhood and almost like being at home. We enjoyed the walk to the near by city park by the Flathead river and seeing the community garden. Everything was near by for grocery. Thank you for a great week.
The bungalow was very comfortable and was the perfect size for the two of us. It was located in between Glacier National Park and Whitefish. Also, it was close to the airport which was a plus. The owners were very easy to work with and provided us with information as to things to do and see in the area. The area was extremely quiet, and we especially enjoyed sitting on the back deck and having a grill to use. We will stay here again when we return as we didn't have enough time in a week to do everything we wanted to.
We enjoyed our week in the Glacier's Bungalow, and would definitely consider it for a return visit.
The unit is spacious and decorations are minimal - in a good way. Furnishings are comfortable and everything was clean / dust-free, no asthma-inducing wicker or high-pile carpet. The showerhead is mounted high enough for my very tall husband (a small thing, yes, but imagine conking your head daily). The automatic icemaker was handier than we'd thought. The neighborhood is quiet and private with little traffic. The park and bike trail are both close, though we didn't utilize either. I wish we'd taken a photo of the exterior - it's been landscaped beautifully since these photos were taken. Blanketflowers & lots of lavender were blooming. Plenty of towels for 2-4 people.
As noted by my husband (David A), the kitchen was less well-stocked than some other VRBO units we've stayed in, & a few other minor oddities / irritations. My personal pet peeve was the somewhat flimsy and inefficient closet layout - don't expect to hang much clothing, access it easily, or keep suitcases/bags in the closet. Expect to make a run to Smith's upon arrival even if you've brought all your food - you may need TP, paper towels, an ice cream scoop, hand soap, etc.
The backyard was very securely fenced & would have been great for a dog, with a covered/shaded area for protection from the elements. We didn't use the grill/deck, but it appeared to have everything necessary for dinner al fresco. Everything about the unit was well-maintained, with no leaky faucets, sticky doors/windows, or loud appliances.
The owner was very responsive to email, advising me on how best to send my husband's birthday gift to the unit (UPS/FedEx or general delivery as it has no mailbox). The package was lost by FedEx, and when it showed up weeks later, the owner promptly emailed us to ask where to send it.
Perfect for a couple, 3 adults, or a family with pre-teen kids... 4 adults seems overly optimistic. Overall, we had a wonderful relaxing week and will definitely keep it in mind for the future.
Overall this is a good unit and I will consider staying here again.
The Internet/Wifi worked well and was easy to connect.
There are a few things that could be improved (some very easily) to make it a lot better though:
1) Provide the obvious consumables. That's right, there are probably ZERO there, including basics such as toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, etc. There is no laundry detergent either. We got lucky and found dishwasher soap at least, but don't expect ANYTHING to be there. Owner should just spend a few bucks and keep the basics stocked. Nobody wants to go buy four rolls of TP and maybe use one over a longer stay. We would gladly pay a bit more per night. Same applies here to basic condiments. Owners insists fridge be emptied - but would it really be so bad to keep basic condiments and other items with a 12+ month life in the fridge? Other VRBOs in the area have this stuff in this price range.
2) Get the checkout instructions clarified. The "rental agreement" has different instructions than the VRBO mobile app for checkout/cleanup, and it's hard to know what is really required. With a $75 mandatory cleaning fee, the renter shouldn't have to do much of anything really. Providing written instructions on site would be a good solution as well.
3) The toilet plugs really easily. Please upgrade this. At least the plunger works... plan on using it, often.
4) Get more dishware. Only four plates, four bowls, and four of other basics, because it is a "four person unit". But this means if you cook every meal, you need to run a mostly empty dishwasher three times per day. It should be a no-brainer to invest in more tableware/plates/etc in order to reduce the usage of the dishwasher which someday will break and need to be replaced...
5) The air seemed really stale... the HVAC and AC work well, but you still need to open windows to get rid of the stale-ness. An air exchanger would be a good upgrade. We got lucky and had good cool weather for "open windows" but others in the summer will not be so lucky.
Glacier National Park, Big Sky Waterslides, Hungry Horse Dam and reservoir, White water rafting and fishing on Flathead River, Whitefish Mountain resort at Big Mountain, House of Mystery, Glacier Maze & Fun Center, Flathead Lake, Whitefish Lake, hundreds of miles on National Forest trails for hiking and mountain biking, shopping nearby in Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Pet Fee||$100 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Non-refundable cleaning fee of $75.00 or $100.00 with pets.
Monthly rates available October through April. Additional fees may apply with short term rental.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.