|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
864 sq. ft. Cabin 2 Bedroom's both with queen beds, 1 fold out single bed in Bedroom # 2, W/D, 3/4 bath, full kitchen, Wifi, dish satellite TV, HBO in the living room and RoKu in Bedroom # 1. Propane gas FP, with thermostat behind couch. Located in High Valley , a few minutes from the town of Packwood and 7 miles to Mt Rainier National Park, 17 miles to White Pass Ski Area, and 48 miles to Mt St. Helens, in the heart of Gifford National Forest surrounded by wilderness and wildlife.
We started building this in 2001 as a family getaway. Being on the mountain skiing with the family was always awesome. White Pass was my baby sitter for my kids and their friends.
Rob & Carla McCarren purchased this cabin in 2001
Rob & Carla's place is a great place to stay when in Rainier. The area is quiet and the house was plenty big enough for myself and the two kids and could have accommodated a few more. The drive there from Seattle was awesome. It is also near Mt. St. Helens. We hiked the area and there is more there than we could have ever hoped to see. The town of Packwood is nice and I was surprised to see the herd of Elk come thru town everyday around 4:00 p.m. The local store was nicely stocked with food and beer, and the Mountain Goat for coffee in the morning was great. We did not try any restaurants, we were to tired from hiking. One nice hike was just up the road. Tatoosh Trail Upper Trailhead was awesome. There was still some snow up there in July. Thanks for nice place to stay. Wish we could have stayed longer
FYI, if you have Verizon for phone service, you had better write down Robs phone number so you can call him from the local gas station.
Mac's Country Cabin is a spacious and comfortable cabin with two bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a cozy living area - perfect for two couples. The cabin had everything we needed. The owners sent us all the necessary information promptly and were very easy to work with. This is a good base camp for hiking at White Pass or Mount Rainier National Park. Early August - wildflowers in bloom! Naches Peak Loop was particularly spectacular.
Our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) enjoyed our 2 night stay at the cabin. The kids loved how it was all decked out for winter! It had a good amount of space and everything we needed for our stay while we did day trips around the mountain. Rob was very good about communication and was easy to get ahold of. We had trouble with the wireless internet a couple of times while we were there but Rob figured out the issue. There were board games and puzzles, which our kids enjoyed doing. Packwood is a cute little town and the house was in a nice area, a short drive from "downtown."
Just what I was looking for on my weekend stays.
Hosts were very accommodating on my back to back weekends.
We had a great weekend at White Pass and Skiing, this cabin and the owners were great. Everything that was stated is in this cabin. We felt right at home. I would recomment this place and the price is right.
Very nice place, clean and has eveything you need, The cabin is very warm with the propane fire place. Owners were very helpful. Thank you and we will be back.
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
1) This is a non-smoking unit.
2) No Pets.
3) Maximum Occupancy. - The maximum number of guest is limited to 4 persons; any additional person will be charged $25.00.
4) Kitchen. - Load dishwasher with the used dishes.
5) Bathroom. – Place all used towels/hand towels in the shower.
6) Propane Fire Place. – set temp to desired degree, but place it back on 55 when leaving.
7) Cabin. – When leaving the cabin after your visit check to see that doors are locked, stick back in patio door (safety reasons), windows locked, and lights off, garbage tied off and placed in can in back of outside cabin.
8) Electric Panel in BR # 1. – Turn on hot water switch (upper top right marked H/W) on when arriving and off when leaving.
9) TV. – Living Room TV has dish satellite with HBO. BR # 1 has DVD only.
10) Front Door Code. – Call ahead or email for code to the front door to be allowed into cabin.
11) Wi-Fi/Phone. – This cabin has Wi-Fi/phone services. A cell phone service is in the area but limited. We have Verizon and it works great.
12) Neighborhood.- No loud music/noise after 9:00 pm.
13) FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money.
14) LIABILITY - The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
Please respect our cabin as if it was yours. We want you to enjoy all that we/Packwood have to offer you to make your stay very enjoyable. Any questions please call the # that is given to you when you accept this contract/offer.
ThankYou Rob/Carla McCarren