Immerse yourself in the rawness of rural Wyoming when you stay at this one-of-a-kind Greybull vacation rental cottage. With 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, this spacious cottage has enough sleeping arrangements for up to 8 guests throughout 1,000 square feet of well thought-out living space, making it the perfect accommodation choice for a family or group of close friends out for a rejuvenating Wyoming escape.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed, Pullout Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed, Pullout Bed | Living Room: Futon, Couch | Additional Sleeping: 2 Twin Rollaway Beds
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this converted one-room schoolhouse has all the comforts of a modern home, plus an idyllic location to boot! As soon as you first arrive, you'll be in awe of the abode's stunning surroundings.
From the home's large private deck, you'll enjoy sweeping, unobstructed views of Big Horn Basin and the towering Bighorn Mountain Range beyond, which includes renowned geological features such as Sheep Mountain Anticline and Devil's Kitchen.
Inside, the home's historic feel and cozy accommodations offer a comfortable oasis in nature. The original one-room schoolhouse is the main feature of this residence, featuring an extensive library, cozy wood-burning stove and a unique collection of local art, including several Native American rock art pieces.
Everything you need to feel as comfortable as possible during your stay is here, including wireless internet access, central heating and air conditioning, in-unit laundry machines, and even a telephone available for your communication needs.
After an action-packed day of exploration, return home to utilize the generously-sized full kitchen, equipped with all necessary modern culinary appliances. After preparing dinner in the kitchen, gather around the sizable adjacent dining table to enjoy your home-cooked meal with your loved ones. Or, head outside to the wooden picnic table on the deck to dine al fresco!
Later, select a book from the home's expansive collection and retreat to one of the 2 inviting bedrooms to read before resting up for the next exciting day.
You'll love this home's wonderful location, between Black Hills National Forest and Yellowstone National Park, which is also the halfway point between the towns of Sheridan and Cody. From here, Sheridan is a 1.5-hour drive east, and Cody is an hour away to the west. While the home itself is quiet and secluded, you'll find endless opportunities close by for outdoor activities and day trips with your companions. You'll find that the area's nearby extensive trail system is ideal for 4 wheeling and off-roading. Additionally, numerous backcountry roads allow access to the array of surrounding geological features, including nearby dinosaur track sites. Other popular outdoor activities throughout the Bighorn Mountain Range include big-game hunting, fishing, mountain biking, birding and hiking during the warmer months, along with snowmobiling and skiing in the winter. After an activity-filled day, a trip to the nearby Thermopolis Hot Springs is sure to help you unwind!
During the summer, the Medicine Wheel Archeological Site is a must see, located high in the Bighorn Mountains. Additionally, Shell Falls in Shell Creek Canyon is exceptionally beautiful, situated just under a half-hour drive away. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time here, this wonderfully unique Greybull vacation rental cottage will serve as the perfect home base, making it truly easy to immerse yourself in Wyoming's unending natural beauty!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a large private deck with breathtaking mountain views, brand new water heater, new gas cooking range, extensive library, wood-burning stove, unique local art collection, free WiFi, central heating and air conditioning, in-unit laundry machines, telephone, fully equipped kitchen, large dining table, outdoor wooden picnic table, and much more
- Spectacular location, nestled amongst several of Wyoming's most renowned geological features, including dinosaur tracks, Sheep Mountain anticline, and Devil's Kitchen!
- Easy access to a vast selection of outdoor recreational activities!
- No smoking
- Pet-friendly with additional fee (maximum 2 pets allowed)
- Pet Fee: $25 Per Pet, Per Stay (Max 2 Pets Allowed)
- Note that 6 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms and pullout couches 2 guests can sleep comfortably on the rollaway beds, bringing the maximum occupancy to a total of 8
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in