|Minimum Stay||30 nights|
Please note... our standard rate is priced for rentals of the main and lower level, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. Please contact us for a quote if you’d like to rent all three levels.
Private, spacious, luxurious living with awe-inspiring views… on nearly an acre in prestigious Northwoods, adjacent to hundreds of acres of wooded open space… it’s all waiting for you.
Located just 4 miles north of downtown Whitefish and only 5 miles from the ski resort of Whitefish Mountain Resort, Dreaming Bear Lodge is a dream come true. At almost 5,000 sf on a private one-acre lot, this luxurious private estate comes complete with high end finishes, new concrete kitchen counter tops, solid master hand crafted wood interior doors, tile, marble, radiant heated floors, high end windows, a movie theatre, a hot tub and upgrades throughout the home. The home's beautifully landscaped lawn is adjacent to several hundred acres of wooded open space with great hiking trails - directly from your front door.
Dreaming Bear Lodge has the PERFECT location and is blessed with an abundance of wildlife - white tail deer, elk, and even an occasional bear or moose visit. Fall asleep to the singing of the coyotes and wake to the song of the birds.
Summer days are spent hiking from the house on miles of trails connecting to Whitefish Mountain, horseback riding at an area ranch, exploring nearby Glacier National Park just 20 miles away, whitewater rafting, or taking a refreshing dip in Whitefish Lake, less than 3 miles away. Ziplining and racing on the Alpine Slide are also available a few miles away on Whitefish Mountain.
During the winter months Montana is simply magical, as you’ll literally step into a Currier and Ives postcard. After sledding, skiing, snowshoeing or sleigh riding, you’ll be warm and toasty with the glow of the fireplace and from the radiant heated floors throughout the lodge. Nothing beats watching the falling snow melt as it hits the steam, while soaking in the hot tub as the jets melt away the last remnants of stress.
If you need to stay connected, you’ll have high-speed wireless Internet throughout the lodge, decks, and even the hot tub.
MAIN LEVEL DETAILS - INCLUDED IN STANDARD RATE
Entryway with huge elk antler chandelier and guest coat closet open to the great room.
* Great Room: Warm, newly refinished hardwood floors, soaring river rock, wood burning fireplace insert with large glass door and heater, and breathtaking mountain and valley views from the 24′ windows, all make this room a favorite place to be. Enjoy the game table area too, as well as additional access to the wrap-around deck with log railing outside.
* Powder Room: Designer decorated half bath off of the main foyer, near the great room.
* Kitchen: A chef’s dream gourmet kitchen with Viking 6-burner/grill stove and exhaust vent, double stainless sink with Grohe faucet, Miele dishwasher, Amana refrigerator with lower drawer freezer, garbage disposal, work island with new concrete counter tops, bar with seating area, all surrounded by killer views in all directions. Spacious pantry and wine storage cabinet is off the breakfast nook. The kitchen, dining room and outdoor decks also have built in speakers for your favorite music from your iPod.
* Dining Room: Spacious dining room, just off the kitchen, with newly refinished hardwood floors and windows with incredible views. Also, there is a door to the upper deck, leading to the barbecue area and outdoor picnic seating. With more than 1000 feet of exterior decks, all with great views, there’s a lot of outdoor living to enjoy!
* Laundry: Spacious laundry room with a full-sized washer and dryer, as well as an extra freezer and additional storage space.
* Guest Bedroom #1: Large Queen bedroom (south facing) with spacious walk-in closet, and stunning views of the mountains and valley.
* Guest Bedroom #2: Large Queen bedroom (north facing) with spacious walk-in closet and beautiful wooded views.
* Guest Bathroom: Located between the two guest bedrooms, this bathroom with designer tile has a double vanity area, then a separate room with shower, bathtub and lavatory. Even the bathroom has beautiful wooded views!
LOWER LEVEL DETAILS - INCLUDED IN STANDARD RATE
Enter the downstairs level via a staircase from the entryway.
* Exercise Room: Complete workout area with weights, treadmill, and an elliptical trainer as well as room for aerobics.
* Guest Bedroom #3: A large Queen bedroom with two closets and a wall of south-facing windows.
* Movie Theater: Your own private, soundproof, multi-level movie theater, complete with eight Lane black, power-reclining movie chairs, ready and waiting for your favorite movies. This theater has a multi-zone custom lighting system to suit your specific needs.
UPPER LEVEL DETAILS - PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE INCLUDING THIS LEVEL
Enter the upstairs level via a beautiful open log staircase, with a balcony open to the great room below.
* Master Bedroom: Plush King bed, with an unusually large master bedroom, complete with east and south facing windows, both with amazing views. Additional sitting room area. Bedroom has one large walk in closet. Built-in reading lights above the master bed.
* Master Bathroom: Adjacent to the Master Bedroom, this bathroom is designed for privacy for two people. The bathroom has north facing views, a large two-person soaking tub, a glass-enclosed shower, a double vanity with two sinks, and a separate room with closing door, with the lavatory.
* Reading area : Just outside the entrance to the master bedroom is a spacious reading area, complete with a reclining chair, desk and bookshelves. Three skylights make this a very special place to be.
GARAGE AND BACKYARD DETAILS - INCLUDED IN STANDARD RATE
Lower level access to the 2-car attached garage (with remote control access from outside) and to the yard and lower deck.
Outside, enjoy the beautifully landscaped yard with flower beds and boulder accents. A new trex deck with log railing offers a great space to relax by the outdoor fireplace. Enjoy star gazing from your own private, 8′ x 8′, 5-person hot tub (including recliner) overlooking the adjacent woods.
MECHANICAL DETAILS - INCLUDED IN STANDARD RATE
* Heat: Propane, radiant heat. Total of 5 separate zones throughout the house, to heat only the spaces you’re using. Even includes two NEST thermostats, so you can monitor and control the temperature when you’re away from home- on your iPhone app!
* Plumbing: Copper throughout, recirculating pump keeps hot water available always.
* Electrical: All current, including new outdoor lights and a snow light too! Even the decks have exterior decorative accent lighting.
Be sure to also check out our sister property, INSIDE Glacier National Park! VRBO #3630262
We spend our time between Dreaming Bear Lodge, our vacation rental, Glacier Bear Retreat (VRBO#3630262) and a little cottage in Carmel by the sea, California. We are grateful to be able to live and work from anywhere.
Gail runs an inspirational website, http://InspireMeToday.com, while Darryl is a corporate pilot.
Gail Goodwin purchased this lodge in 2009
We fell in love with Dreaming Bear Lodge from the first moment we saw this property. The massive log structural beams, the sweeping vistas, the privacy and the luxurious feeling one gets from just being here.... we feel like we're on vacation when we're living here!
Whitefish is an amazing place to live. There's a real community of incredible people, who intentionally came to this part of the world to enjoy not only the sense of community, but the unparalleled beauty that makes Montana home for all of us. From outstanding 5-star restaurants, to fun upscale or down and dirty cowboy bars, from world-class skiing to hiking some to the most picturesque places on the planet, we LOVE Montana, and Whitefish in particular.
We invite you to come see for yourself. But be warned... we moved here 1 week after "visiting" on vacation many year ago. There's just something about this place that calls to us and to many others.
The views from Dreaming Bear are some of the best in the area. On a clear day you can see the shimmer of Flathead Lake and Bigfork in the distance to the south east, and on sunny days we have a peek-view of the reflection off of Whitefish Lake through the trees to the south west. Surround all of that with amazing trees, quiet, privacy and the splendor of nature, and you'll understand why we call this magnificent place home.
My husband and I loved our stay here last year! It's away from the hustle and bustle of Whitefish, but close enough to get there quickly whenever we needed a coffee from Red Caboose or a beer from Bonzai Brewing! We loved the beautiful views from all the windows and especially enjoyed using the hot tub late at night to look at the stars. The great room was perfect for curling up with a book when we wanted a technology sabbatical while the theatre made the "screen time" we chose to indulge in amazing. We would definitely recommend this rental to anyone coming to Montana!
When we saw the photos of this property, they almost looked too good to be true, but this place is a real gem. We traveled to this property as a family plus grandparents in tow, and loved our time here. The home is spacious, has amazing natural light, great kitchen, tons of outside porch space and a hot tub. The dining room is big enough for a large group and there are areas to read and relax and even do puzzles. We loved the theater and waking up to the gorgeous views from every room.
We travel several months throughout the year, staying at luxury rentals and hotels. This is truly a 5 star property, with high end linens, kitchen tools, and the owners ensured this house was incredibly well appointed with a welcome basket which made us feel right at home. We felt like we were at a luxury resort but had the freedom and space of a luxury rental- the best of both worlds.
We loved the natural surroundings and the adorable town of Whitefish, too! Glacier National Park isn't far away either. Looking forward to returning to this place.
Dreaming Bear Lodge is located in an upscale neighborhood called North Woods, just 2 miles north of the Whitefish Lake Lodge, and just 2 miles from the base of Whitefish Ski Resort. The lodge has commanding views from the house, property and even from the hot tub. The property is a very private one-acre parcel, adjacent to several hundred wooded acres of open space. With the convenience of the close proximity of downtown Whitefish, the quick drive to Whitefish Mountain for skiing and the amazing views and privacy, Dreaming Bear Lodge is perfect in many ways.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$3,000|
Dreaming Bear Lodge is in an area where there are neighbors. We require our guests to be respectful and keep noise confined to the inside of the property. We reserve the right to evict guests should there be a breach of this policy- without any refund.
We are in snow country and we do live up a hill (to get the great views). Our driveway is plowed by a local service, but 4-wheel drive is recommended in the winter months.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.