The Sandbar Beach House is a pet-friendly weekly rental property that rents from Sunday to Sunday in-season. This delightful, spacious rental home offers classic beach charm, lots of space and is nestled in the heart of Nags Head at the 10.5 milepost, conveniently positioned between two beach accesses. With four bedrooms and five and a half baths, this three level house sleeps up to twelve guests.
The house is fully dressed with linens and includes all dishes, laundry facilities, games, pool toys and beach chairs. The house is air conditioned and includes cable television, private pool, hot tub and recreation room with kitchenette. The laundry room is fully equipped with washer, dryer, ironing board, and iron. A high chair and pack n' play crib are also available for guest use.
The beach is about 300 yards away, a four minute walk across the Beach Road and over the sand dunes to the water line. The house is within easy walking distance to five local restaurants, art galleries and unique gift shops. Area attractions are just a short drive away.
Keywords: Sandbar Beach House-pet friendly weekly rental, just a block from the beach, ocean view,
First floor has game room with foosball, pool table, hockey table, slot machine, kichennette, darts, full bathroom with shower, TV w DVD, access to pool, grill and outside shower and laundry room.
Second floor has 3 bedrooms, 1 queen and one twin with private bath and 1 king with sleeper sofa and private bath and one with queen and one twin with private bath.
Top level has Master Bedroom with private bath, fully equiped kitchen, full island, half bath, spacious dining area, great room with TV, DVD, stereo, access to the hot tub and spectacular ocean views from top deck.
I manage the Sandbar Beach House for the owner, Michael McVearry. He lives in the bed and breakfast in front of this house, though I do not. I've lived on the Outer Banks for many years and have made my living in the service industry my entire life. Because of this, I am able to offer guests a wealth of information about the area. I think of the Sandbar as a home away from home for our guests. I look forward to hearing from you!
Beata Faulkner purchased this cottage in 2005
- Linens and towels provided,
- Full Kitchen - all dishes provided,
- Beds made and ready upon arrival,
- the house is equipped with beach chairs, boogie boards, beach and pool toys, beach balls, floats and much more,
- DVD's library, puzzles, games, books, magazines,
- paper products provided-toilette paper and paper towel.
Enjoyed the great house. This is a beautiful area - great place to unwind and re-connect with loved ones. Hope to return someday!
The house is large and has good location to everything. When I first arrived, there was a wonderful gift basket waiting for us and welcoming us to the home. We enjoyed a long weekend with 9 family members for a birthday celebration. Plenty of room for everyone, including a private bath for each bedroom. Beach chairs and pool toys are provided for you use along with plenty of towels and linens. I would definitely recommend and rent again.
The house was overall very nice. It has plenty of room, and well situated near everything in Nags Head, and near a very nice beach (surprisingly with some nice seashells), and a GREAT ices/ice-cream place (Booty Treats).
It's only 1.5 miles from Jockey Ridge State Park (amazing dunes, hang gliding school too), and about 3 miles from Kitty Hawk. Good eats nearby in abundance.
The reasons I couldn't give it 5 stars are the following:
1) The bathroom in the top bedroom looks like it could've used a better cleaning (mop job), as could the sofas been better cleaned in the top area (lots of pet hair under the cushions).
2) The pool wasn't properly cleaned (lots of mulch sitting at the bottom of the pool from the surrounding back yard mulch). Truly, it wasn't time (end of April) to use the pool, but my kids wanted in, so they used it, but it wasn't quite ready for use as per the mulch pervading the pool.
3) The pool table was heavily warped and the bottom parts of it were quite warped, as was the foosball table being in terrible shape as well. My recommendation is either fix them or get rid of them.
4) We had an issue with the keys to the place not being usable to lock the door to the house (which was remedied rather quickly, but still).
Yes, that may seem like a lot of minor issues (or moderate issues), but still we had a very nice time, and again the place was nice and everything in the area really more than made up for those things.
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|