|Space||3,500 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The very BEST farm house in Margaretville!
Approximately 3500 sq ft of country charm and privacy with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1800 sq foot barn, 2 car garage, 5.5 acres, screened porch, wood burning stove in Master Bedroom and bluestone patio. The property borders NYC land and the E. Branch of the Delaware River and is completely private, yet only 2 miles from the Village. One king size bed in Master Bedroom, two bedrooms have queen size beds (the 4th Bedroom has a bunk bed) and are lovely and quiet. 2 have en-suite baths (with clawfoot tubs - one with shower, one with hand spray shower) and 2 share a hall bath (with shower stall) Each bed features comforters and many pillows. Each room can accommodate up to 2 adults (although one is quite small!). We also have a pull out chair that converts into a twin bed for a kid in one of the queen bedrooms. Great chef's kitchen, living room, dining room, screened porch, bluestone patio, huge lawn and gardens. Wood burning stove available in the master bedroom suite. Wireless internet throughout the house and a TV that plays DVDs and has an Amazon firestick (no cable).
I've been hosting guests in my homes for the past 3 years and love it! I own an apartment in Brooklyn, NY, a home in Rhinebeck, NY and a this home in the Catskill Mountains of New York, where I have spent summers enjoying the mountains and fresh produce, the winters skiing, and fall appreciating the amazing foliage and the spring watching the world come to life again and farmers seed their fields.
Brennan Kearney purchased this farmhouse in 2001
I loved this house from the first moment I saw it while searching for a home outside of New York City. The expansive lawn, magnificent blue barn, huge maple trees and gorgeous mountain rising up behind the house left me breathless. The house itself is over 100 years old and features windows everywhere. Wide plank floors, a beautiful staircase, a great kitchen for cooking and two full baths with clawfoot tubs.
Gorgeous in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Foliage, mountains, streams, etc are exquisite. Farmer's market on Saturdays 5 miles away.
Excellent access to ski resorts - Belleayre and Plattekill Mountains
We are only 2 miles from the village of Margaretville which boasts the conveniences of a fabulous grocery store (a rarity in the Catskills), a hospital, restaurants, hardware stores, thrift shop, specialty shops, etc.
Enjoyed a weekend here, great location, nice house to relax in and take in the fall colors. Beautiful setting and located close to the venue we were going to.
We went up towards the end of July to escape the city and the heat and this house did not disappoint.
I would wholeheartedly recommend staying here. a few highlights and notes of our experience.
- the host was very responsive by email
- the house comfortably housed our group. It could probably comfortably fit up to 8.
- very private and quiet. Great huge back yard with a smoker / brick outdoor grill.
- a short walk through the woods in the backyard leads you to a great creek. We had our private hangout in the water there. It was terrific.
- well equipped kitchen. We all cooked together and there was enough room
- the enclosed porch was the best thing as it allows us to hang out in the fresh night air without bug bites
- the house is lovely and decorated with a lot of vintage personality.
- mountain views
- another outdoor patio in addition to the enclosed porch
- everything was in clean condition
Things that are not negatives but renters should take note
- this is not within driving or walking distance to bars or center of town. So if you are looking for a "party weekends near town" this might not be what you have in mind. There is no uber or Lyft service.
- no air conditioning. But the house remained very cool throughout the night. We stayed on a weekend when the temperature reached 90s and it was still cool at night. No problem at all.
We spent the winter of 2016 at this lovely home. The location is perfect, close to cute shops and restaurants in Margaretville, as well as skiing at Belleayre. The house is charming and the property is lovely. The yard is amazing with private wooded trail down to babbling brook. The inside is the ultimate in shabby chic farmhouse coziness. The owner is very responsive and helpful.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
|per person over 4 people||$25 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
We have a strict cancellation policy. Once you have reserved you may cancel up to 30 days prior to arrival and receive a 50% refund. Cancellations 30 days or less before arrival will not receive refunds.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.