About the property
- House3000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Panorama scenic Lake Views. 3000 sq.ft. two level home inside the City of Bellingham. The lake home faces west allowing for plenty of sunshine. The home is on the lake with no road between the home and the lake. No steep cliffs....very slight grade to the lake. We are the closest home on this side of the lake to all city amenities.
The upper level has an open concept floor plan with a fully equipped kitchen (two ovens-electric and gas), dining room, living room, gas fire place, TV, two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, large lakeside windows, a large deck with a 220 degree view overlooking the lake. The lower level has two bedrooms, rec room, full bathroom, large screen satellite TV, and beach access to a large lower deck. Plenty of deck space to BBQ and entertain. Ample onsite parking for vehicles.
Our lakeside home has a beach with a gradual shallow walk out into the lake for kids during the summer months.The floating dock is private and has a slide. We also have a peddle boat for guest use between June 1st and Sept 30th. Two New Kayaks and two Standup Paddle Boards available starting May 1st/2018.
You are 10 minutes to Downtown Bellingham and Bellis Fair Mall. 30 minutes to the border. 1 hour to Vancouver Canada. 40 minutes to Seattle's Premium Outlet Mall. 1 hr. to Mount Baker Ski Resort. No Pets/No Smoking/No Large Parties. Maximum number of guests must not exceed 8. Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver required to be completed.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 20, 2018
About Owner/Property Manager
I am retired and my wife still operates a restaurant. We have really enjoyed being a host to all of our guests.
Owner/Property Manager purchased this House in 2008
Why Owner/Property Manager chose Silver Beach
We chose this property for the lake views and because it is located on the sunny side of the lake. This is a family friendly lake as there is no drop off into the lake. The proximity to Vancouver is great for our family and guests as we are only 1 hour away. The lake is one of the largest lakes in the Pacific Northwest and there is no restriction on the type of watercraft use. We are 1 hour to Mount Baker for skiing and snow boarding.
What makes this House unique
220 degree view of Lake. Lakeshore at your doorstep. 10 minute drive to all major retail outlets. 10 minutes to ocean. West facing for maximum sun.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
The house was beautiful, clean and comfortable!
Very happy with our stay! The house was gorgeous and had an amazing view! It was very clean and the accommodations were comfortable. So many things to do, such as swimming off the private access dock, playing pool, and relaxing on the deck. The location of the house was close to town, which was nice. The owner was very gracious and responsive. Would definitely stay here again!
I'm glad you had a great stay and thanks for being great guests. We hope you can come back next year for the Ski to Sea Race 2018.
Great Place on the Lake
We had six adults and 2 young children staying over a long winter weekend to attend a wedding and this place fit the bill just right. We really enjoyed the view of the lake and the room for socializing with each other. I think it would be fun to return in the summer when we would be able to enjoy the lake in warm weather.
I have a few minor suggestions to the owners to make things better for future guests.
1) When we first arrived we noticed the alarm system panel was beeping once every 40 seconds due to a low battery on one of the sensors. I was able to look up the manual on line and figure out how to turn down the volume so we couldn't hear it. Please make sure batteries are replaced regularly.
2) Although the kitchen had a most everything we needed, it would be nice to have more cereal bowls, glasses, a proper dish sponge and dish towels.
3) There was no bedding on the single bed but we had a extra blanket and towel set it up for our youngest (21 month old) grandson to sleep on.
Other than that, everything was great!
I'm so glad you had a great time and I appreciate your comments and have responded to them below.
I'm sorry there was not a comforter for the single bed.
(1) My wife set up the home and when she asked me how many guests I checked the reservation and it indicates 6 guests. However, in the future we will ensure that bed is made.
(2) The alarm company notified to change batteries.
(3) Re-Kitchen supplies
I've never had anyone state there is not enough dishes/bowls/glasses for 8 people
so you might be referring to if visitors come over. I will add some more dishes.
Thanks for the review hope to see you again.
Great Location for our Event!
Overall it was a fantastic house. Perfect for our family gathering for our son's graduation from WWU and our early Christmas celebration. Location was perfect, not too far away from the amenities we needed and to downtown. The lake was an added bonus but the time of year we were there we could not take advantage of this perk, not too mentioned we did have a fair amount of rain for a couple of days during our stay so we were a little confined to inside.
The owners were very accommodating to our questions as this was our first time using VRBO, so didn't really know what to expect, but they certainly made sure all our questions were answered prior to our arrival, which provided a level of reassurance.
The house itself was well kept and laid out to provide plenty of sleeping arrangements as well as gathering spots for eating, entertaining and relaxing. Parking was good for cars, but it's a little scary leaving the driveway at night due to slight curve of road and our unfamiliarity. We only had a couple of items to mention:
1. More linens/blankets would have been nice as the basement was a little cool (which was noted) but even with heaters, additional blankets would have been nice. My Mom who came in from Phoenix probably didn't have as high a tolerance as to some of us who came in from Minnesota, but it's how the sleeping arrangements worked out.
2. The basement bedroom closest to the stairs had sand (or something) all over in the sheets and was noticed by my mother when she climbed in at night, which she made very clear the next morning she was not very happy with this, but after removing and shaking out, seemed to do the trick and we also moved her to a different bedroom. Not sure if this was overlooked/missed during cleaning but not really too big of a deal for us.
3. The WiFi provided seemed not have have the best of coverage or was a little weak, but not too sure if it was more our equipment we were using or just used to something different. It was nice that it was provided however.
4. One additional item of note, more of a recommendation, would be to provide instructions in packet about whether or not to strip beds at end of stay and what temp to set heat when leaving.
Again, overall everything turned out great and we would definitely come back to this house, especially would like to try it out in the summer. We have another child going to the same university, so who knows, it might work out to try again in another year or two.
Thanks for visiting and reviewing our property. We strive always to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone.
I apologize to your mom about any sand in one of the blankets and I will be in touch with our cleaners.
More linens for the basement is a good suggestion and they will be added to each bedroom for the winter months.
We’ve never had any comments about the wifi coverage in the home but we will check it out. We want our guests to have an easy exit so we don’t require the beds to be stripped and the heat is wifi controlled from an app.
We look forward to you coming back for a summer visit as the lake is like you said one of the best features of the property.
We love the Lake House on Lake Whatcom!
Our family was gathering in Bellingham for my Mom's 90th birthday so we had a lot of people in town. This is the second time we've rented the lake house and it fits really well with my brother's family and my wife and I ... more than that it gave us a place to congregate with all of our siblings. The house is spacious, well-appointed and very comfortable with a lot of indoor and outdoor entertaining space and a beautiful lake access. Communication with the owner (Kevin) was very easy and we would certainly rent again. Thanks Kevin!!
Enjoyed everything about the house and property. Wonderful place for our family to relax and enjoy the beauty of the area.
Perfect Family Vacation
This home had it all! Perfect size home, perfect size yard and a sandy beach with a gentle slope into the lake. It was a wonderful setup for a family. We will be visiting again! The dock, slide and paddle boat were an extra bonus!
Our property is located in the Silver Beach neighborhood. Our home is located at the North end of the lake.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
No International credit cards from outside of USA accepted (Reservation will be cancelled). Payment Types:Visa/Mastercard. For refund options see Rental Agreement, For your protection and prior to making payment, my policy is to speak with you on the phone prior to acceptance. Please call/email me at 604 710-8144 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Free Nights are weekdays only