Set in the majestic Manti-La Sal National Forest and central among 12 state and national parks. This aspen surrounded oasis is perfect for couples & small families, hunters, get-a-ways, and more! It’s located 40 minutes up the mountain road north of Blanding, UT.
The Camp Jackson Lake Cabin is central to the San Juan County trail system. It's located 1/2 mile from the Camp Jackson Trail that is a horse, hiking or ATV trail.
Hunting season is a great time at Camp Jackson. Located miles back in the forest. Large game is abundant as well as turkey.
* Studio style, 1 bed, 2 futons, 1 bath, sleeps up to 6 adults and 2 kids (loft area)
* Beautiful view of the lake from cabin and covered deck.
* Outdoor picnic table
* Kitchen/dining area with gas range/oven, sink & small refrigerator
* Table and chairs
* Small gas stove for heating (thermostat on the wall)
* Service for 8 of silverware, plates, cups, bowls. Also a few serving bowls, serving spoons, water pitchers.
* Some basic cooking utensils, pots & pans.
* Dish towels, dish cloths and dish soap
* Full bathroom with small shower
* Towels- 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 1 washcloth
* Living room
* 2 full-size futons and 1 full-size bed (bedding is provided).
* Open area loft above bathroom area with a metal ladder (stored on wall) for access. It is 9’ by 10’ with a very low peaked ceiling ranging from 16 inches to 34 inches at the peak (bring own bedding).
* Bring your own life jackets. There are no lifeguards. You are responsible for your own safety.
* The lake is stocked with fish. Catch and release fishing only, with barb-less hooks, is permitted.
* 2 paddle boats for your enjoyment
* Horse shoe pit area in the trees between the road and the bank of the lake.
* There is no land line phone and limited cell phone service. Sometimes you can get a signal (Verizon wireless coverage is best for reception).
* The nearest town with stores is 20-30 minutes off the mountain road. Bring your own food and supplies, including paper towels.
* Electricity for the Camp Jackson property is run by a hydro-electric system which is limited. There is plenty of power for lighting and basic power usage but please be mindful of your power consumption. Heavy power users such as curling irons, blow dryers, electric griddles, etc. use a lot of electricity and may not work. Please do not use them excessively. There will be a meter on the wall at the cabin with information about the electricity.
* Garbage bags are provided. Tie garbage bags tightly to reduce odor and to keep animals away. Place bags in caged area in the trailer by the pavilion.
* It is very rare but there may be bears and other animals in the area, so keep all coolers and food inside at night. Food and coolers can be kept in the restroom area of the pavilion at night.
* Pets- You may bring pets, but please keep them outside of cabins unless you put them in a carrier. Clean up your pet's waste appropriately. There is no charge for outside pets but you will be fined and charged if pets are brought indoors (see our policy page for more info).
* The water in the lake is cold and deep. Fishing is allowed for catch and release only. Please pinch the barbs on the hooks so the hooks can be removed without injuring the fish. ALWAYS remember to use life jackets or coast guard approved flotation devices when on, near or around the lake area. You are responsible for the safety and well-being of all participants and children in your group. PLEASE NEVER LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED NEAR THE LAKE!! No lifeguard on duty- swim at your own risk.
* Smoking-There is NO smoking allowed inside the cabins. Fees will be assessed if there is smoking in the cabins.
* Stay out of the posted private area.
* Stay on the existing trails with all vehicles, including motorcycles and four-wheelers.
* On Departure-Leave the beds you used unmade. Put used towels into bathroom tub or shower area. Please keep wet towels, rugs and any wet items off wood floors.
*Camp Jackson is approximately 18 miles from Blanding. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get there. Camp Jackson GPS coordinates are: 37.48381°N 109.29859°W. The elevation is roughly 9,000 ft.