About this listing
A two bedroom luxury apartment with all the modern facilities with 2 king sized beds and one single bed suitable for 5 guest.
A place where you go for a holiday but yet feel as if your at home, with the beautiful Mount Lavinia beach at your door step we make sure you have the perfect holiday experience.
NOTE: WITH FANS TO THE WHOLE HOUSE, THE CHARGES WILL BE $45 PER DAY.
Please Check out other Listing on HomeAway to book with Fan facility.
A place where you go for a holiday but yet feel as if your at home, with the beautiful Mount Lavinia beach at your door step we make sure you have the perfect holiday experience
About The Home Away From Home
1. Fully furnished open space apartment with modern facilities including A/C and Fans to the whole apartment , parking , Internet & cable TV. 50 METERS TO MOUNT LAVINIA BEACH.
2. A roof top garden available for dinning and relaxation.
3. Accommodation for 5 persons.
4. Change of linen every three days.
5. Up keep and cleaning everyday.
6. A cook is available who can cook eastern & western delicacies.
7. If you feel like cooking your own food, the kitchen and pantry has all the modern facilities.
8.Security available through out the day
9. Power and water back up available through out the day..
10.Transport available through out the day.
11. Pickup and Drop hires to the airport available.
12. Tours around the Island can be organized.
1. Cable TV
2. High speed wireless Internet
3. Air conditioning
6. Free Parking
9. Wireless Intercom
10.Power, Water back up
11. All cooking and washing facilities available
A little something about where " A Beach Home, Away From Home " is situated -Mount Lavinia
1. When Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) was under British rule, the governor in charge during the period of +-- ---- ---- was Sir Thomas Maitland.
2. He had acquired land at "Galkissa" (Mount Lavinia) and decided to construct a personal residence there.
3. During this time, legend has it that he fell in love with a dancing girl named Lovina who had been born to Portuguese and Sinhalese parents.
4. During construction, the governor arranged to build a secret tunnel between Lovina 's house which was located nearby, one end inside her house and the other inside his wine cellar, so that the lovers could meet in secret.
5. However, Sir Thomas Maitland left Ceylon in 1811 and settled in Malta, where he died a bachelor.
6. Some time in 1920 the tunnel was sealed up and the Gypsy village that surrounded the mansion was developed into a modern bustling city. Later, the city of "Galkissa" was renamed "Mount Lavinia", keeping her name alive.
Interaction with Guests
When ever the guests require anything, me and my family are always available with just one click of a personal bell which we provide for guests at the time of arrival. When ever the guests require anything at anytime , we are always available to make sure the guests feel at home and are comfortable.
The beautiful mount Lavinia beach is only 40 meters away . The surrounding area is very calm, quiet and perfect for relaxation . There are Restaurants, bars, hospitals and supermarkets only five minutes away from the property.
The bus stop and the train station is only two minutes away by waking . Tuk tuks and taxis are available through out the day and night when ever requested by the guests .