|Space||5,500 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
If you’re seeking the ultimate destination for your upcoming celebration, family reunion or special event, look no further than 'Rockfish Valley Inn,' an incredible Afton vacation rental home, nestled on a large plot of land with stunning Blue Ridge Mountain views. Centrally located amidst the area’s most renowned attractions, this massive residence offers convenience and comfort during your next Central Virginia getaway!
This vast residence has 9 bedrooms, 7 full bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, and can comfortably accommodate up to 24 guests throughout an impressive 5,500 square feet of well appointed living space, making it the perfect home base for multiple families or large groups looking to experience the best of Virginia’s wine country. The moment you first arrive, you’ll simply fall in love with this sprawling property, boasting a huge grassy yard dotted by towering trees, along with a quaint outdoor fire pit and enormous wraparound private deck. All of this is set against a mesmerizing Blue Ridge Mountain backdrop, providing a picturesque setting for small rehearsal dinners, family get-togethers and parties.
Inside, you'll find the home's cavernous foyer perfect for hosting special events or gatherings. This property offers a truly ideal setup for events, wedding groups and extended family stays. There's even a large 30-by-40-foot event tent available to rent! A separate, very sizable apartment is attached to the main structure of the house, which can act as its own self-contained home for guests wanting more privacy - great for young families with small children, so they can be tucked away from all the possible noise and action. Additionally, the house comes with every modern amenity you could possibly need during your stay, including wireless internet access, in-unit laundry machines, a fully equipped kitchen with modern appliances, and 10 flat screen TVs with cable and DVD players, located in each bedroom and the main living area.
After an eventful day spent touring wineries and breweries on the owner’s 14-seater bus, which is available for guests to rent, spend the evening playing one of the provided lawn games, such as corn hole and horseshoes. Later, gather outside on the deck, where you can gaze at the dazzling stars while sipping a fine wine from the day’s tastings.
You can't beat this home's prime central location! The surrounding area is full of wineries, breweries, cideries and distilleries, as well as numerous hiking trails and an endless supply of outdoor activities - some local favorites include skiing, horseback riding, and golfing. Whether you're traveling to Central Virginia for a special event, wedding, or extended family reunion, this exceptional Afton vacation rental house has everything you need to make your celebration a memorable one!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, wireless internet access, 10 flat screen TVs, wraparound deck, very large backyard with fire pit, assorted lawn games, breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountain views, and a massive 30-by-40-foot event tent available for rent
- A spacious apartment unit (Master Suite) attached to the main house can serve as its own self-contained home, perfect for groups wanting more privacy or families with small children
- Outstanding, central location! Close proximity to local wineries, breweries, hiking trails, golf courses, and a multitude of other outdoor recreational activities
- The owner's 14-seater bus is also available to rent for winery and brewery tours throughout the area - please inquire for more details!
- Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Master Suite): Daybed with Trundle
--- Master Suite Bedrooms 1 and 2 share a Bathroom, Private Patio, Kitchen and Living Room with Gas Fireplace
- Bedroom 3 (Junior Suite): King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4 (Junior Suite): Queen-sized Bed
--- Junior Suite Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a Bathroom and Private Patio
- Bedroom 5: King-sized Bed with Private Bathroom
- Bedroom 6: King-sized Bed with Private Bathroom
- Bedroom 7: 2 Queen-sized Beds with Private Bathroom
- Bedroom 8: King-sized Bed with Handicap Accessible Bathroom (Roll-in shower with seat)
- Bedroom 9: 2 Queen-sized Beds with Private Bathroom
- A Queen-sized Sleeper Sofa in the Living Room can accommodate 2 extra guests
- No smoking
- Pets considered with prior owner approval (case-by-case basis, $50 fee per pet applies if owner approves)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
A large group of us visit Charlottesville for the wineries and breweries 1-2 times a year. This is the first time we stayed at Rockfish Valley Inn. Todd was great to work with, as was Linda the bus driver - both offered assistance and went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The house is spacious, and we enjoyed having two areas where we could congregate (the master suite and the "lobby" area). Couple of things I wished had been different - I was the ONLY person who didn't lose hot water in the shower, many crickets inside the house, curtains not quite covering the windows, red EXIT signs lit up some of the bedrooms all night, few areas small children shouldn't have access to (we forgot to pack our safety gates so were constantly running after the kids to keep them out of those areas). Note, I did not bother Todd with any of these issues as they didn't prevent us from enjoying our stay. Despite these inconveniences, we all had a great time, and agreed that the house's location is perfect.
Overall we'd stay here again. Plenty of room for 5 families with kids. Rooms 1-3 all only offer outside entrances which is awkward with young children. The living room and kitchen made nice space for hanging out as a group. We had 2 issues. 1. Spiders everywhere, webs full of bugs in the corner of the inside bedrooms and bathrooms. 2. People kept trying to check into the Inn while we had the whole place rented. It was uncomfortable and unnerving to have people walk in and go to the front desk to ask for a room, when there is no front desk and no one on staff. I wouldn't have mentioned this if it happened once but it happened three times in the 2 nights we were there
We stayed here for a work wine getaway, and the location was great. We had 11 singles and nobody had to share beds. Kitchen had all the basics we needed. Todd was very accommodating. We had a few issues with the bus tour we arranged through the house (AC was not working, and it had a flat tire whichput us behind schedule) but we were credited very fairly. The house is right on the highway, so a little noisy with the windows open, and that is your view from the deck, but that makes it very convenient to multiple wineries, breweries, cider places, and hiking trails. Overall we were pretty happy with the accommodations for the price