A conveniently located self-catering apartment with huge character set in a 16th century building just minutes walk from the Rialto Bridge and central Venice.
The newly refurbished apartment sleeps 4 people comfortably and is furnished to a high standard with antiques collected from around the world. The dining and living areas are spacious and comfortable . A marble bathroom and double bedroom are located off the main room . Stairs lead to a mezzanine floor with 2 further single beds . The kitchen is well appointed with washing machine and dish washer . Take your breakfast espresso on the private and romantic wooden terrace and enjoy a 360 degree view of Venice 's unique rooftops.
Long and short term rentals are considered . No pets.
How to get to the apartment from the airport: You can get a taxi or a bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma. Get on vaporetto (ferry boat) number 1 and get off at San Stae (4th stop about 10 minutes). From there you will have 8 minutes walk.
How to get to the apartment from the station: Get on vaporetto (ferry boat) number 1 and get off at San Stae (3rd stop about 10 minutes). From there you will have 8 minutes walk.
This was a beautiful apartment, very tastefully decorated and well kept. The location is perfect, so close to everything yet quiet enough. My husband and I spent 3 days here and absolutely loved it! The kitchen had everything we needed to make meals using the fresh ingredients we bought from Rialto Market. If we visit Venice again, this is where we will want to stay. I had a little trouble just prior to arrival reaching the owner, but then everything all worked out and I am so glad and thankful!
We stayed at this apartment from August 6 – 10, 2013. From the reclaimed wooden doors, to the granite in the kitchen and bathroom, to the bright, sunny rooms, to the seamless way in which the historical blended with a warm, contemporary chic, we felt very fortunate to have discovered this gem of an apartment.
There was plenty of space for the 4 people in our family. Our children slept in the loft, while my husband and I slept in the 1 bedroom. Plus, with the separate living room and dining room, we all felt that we had our “space” after a busy day of touring Venice. This apartment was a welcome sanctuary.
Some highlights of the apartment:
* There is a charming, private deck/patio on the roof of the building, which provided a beautiful and scenic spot for breakfast and sundowners. There is a small table and 4 chairs to dine al fresco on.
* The kitchen - albeit compact - had just about everything that one could need for cooking light meals.
* The grey granite of the kitchen had a high-end feel about it. Looking out over the rooftops of Venice, washing-up was even enjoyable.
* The bathroom had a shower, toilet, bidet and basin – all with high-end finishes.
* There was lots of light streaming in from windows facing almost all directions. In the August heat, we closed the shutters during the day to try and keep the apartment cool.
* There were 3 air-conditioning units, which were essential and much appreciated in August. The common areas of the building (lobby and stairwell) where the apartment was located were not air-conditioned, but this was not an issue.
That said, we do have a few minor suggestions which would improve this apartment for fellow holiday guests:
* An umbrella or shade on the upstairs patio to make the hot August weather more tolerable.
* Although an “electronic vacation” was welcome on one level, the lack of WiFi made staying in touch with family and work difficult.
* A kettle and microwave in the kitchen would have been convenient for us.
* Although the linens for the beds and the bathroom were acceptable and comfortable, we would have liked better hand-towels. The bath towels were fine, but a few more (there were only 4) would have been appreciated.
Despite these few suggestions to make a lovely apartment even better, we would feel confident in recommending this apartment to friends and family. It’s a gorgeous place to spend a holiday.
This is an absolutely beautiful apartment in a fantastic neighborhood. Everything was as advertised, the apartment was extremely well maintained and clean. A very easy walk to the vaporetto stop, or the St. Marks, or for that matter anywhere. We really enjoyed walking out our door to numerous restuarants, bars, and shops just steps away. This apartment is extremely well maintained, and obviously owned by someone who called this place home. Thank you for letting us use your apartment for our brief time in Venice - it helped make the trip truly magical.
Extremely beautiful and comfortable flat located right in the centre of Venice. Lively and friendly neighbourhood, yet calm at night. Despite two days of rain we had a wonderful week. Thank you, Alessandra! We'd love to come again.
We stayed 5 nights in this apartment, a trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
The previous reviews convinced me that this was the place for us. They were right.
The apartment is fabulous. It is extremely well designed to use the space well. The kitchen and bathroom equpped with everything we needed. The sofas are comfortable - not always the case in holiday rentals.
The piece de resistance is the roof terrace where we ate all our meals, providing, sun, brilliant views, quiet and a nice breeze in the hot summer weather - it was lovely to escape the noise of the crowds up here.
The air conditioning was a godsend in the bedroom at night, and when the heat was too much, in the flat (the bedroom is self contained and very quiet)
The furnishings and decor are high quality and lovely to look at and use. The kitcher and bathroom equipment also. There is a huge powerful shower.
The position is ideal, just 4 vaporetti stops from the bus station, 3/4 to rialto, close and convenient for all the sights and attractions, plus 5 mins from a supermarket to get provisions
We loved our stay and will recommend to others
My partner and I stayed at Alessandra's wonderful apartment during the last week of the Venice Biennale in November..
A truly lovely place to stay.. beautifully equipped , and full of character..
Located in a great district, close to the Rialto Mercato.. and a supermarket within 5 minutes.... along with great restaurants etc...
The kitchen was a pleasure to cook in when we did, and the view from the rooftop deck is fantastic...
Alessandra was totally helpful. and Francesco who met us as well, was very friendly and helpful..
It was hard to say goodbye.. and we would both highly recommend this apartment !!
Christopher Kier... Toronto, Canada