|Space||30 sq. ft.|
30sqm private apartment with 2 double-sized beds and a sofa bed in a quiet and friendly residential area. Group of up to 4 people can sleep comfortably.
Only 8 minutes walk to the nearest JR Ikebukuro station and just a few steps to the nearest subway Higashi Ikebukuro station, which connect to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Odaiba, Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, Ginza, Akihabara, Ueno, etc by DIRECT train.
Portable wifi provided for free.
We live only one station away. You never have to worry as we are always there to help you when you need.
The neighborhood is extremely safe all hours. There are many families living around.
1 bedroom, living room with large sofa, dining room with dinning table and chairs, kitchen, private bathroom with bathtub and shower, and 3 balconies
+ Home WIFI to use at home
+ Portable WIFI Router (pocket wifi) to use outside
+ 2 double-sized beds (140 x 200 cm)
+ Air conditioner with both heating and cooling functions
+ Large and comfortable sofa
+ Dining table with chairs, Gas cooker, Fridge, Microwave oven, Toaster, Hot water pot
+ Rice cooker, Pans, Dishes, Bowls, Glasses, Chopsticks, Spoons, Forks
+ Hairdryer, Towels, Basic Toiletries (body soap, shampoo, hair conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
+ Standing mirror
+ Washing machine and clothes dryer with detergent and softener
+ Vacuum cleaner
The whole apartment and the included amenities are free for guest use.
Interaction with Guests
* Check-in: If our schedule permits, we will pick you up from one of 3 nearby stations (Itabashi station, Nishi-sugamo station, Koshinzuka station).
* During your stay: We live only one station away. Please feel free to contact us via phone or message when you need help.
* Check-out: We always want to say goodbye to you. However, if our schedule doesn't permit, please drop the key at the mailbox near the entrance of the building.
Friendly residential area where you can see Japanese people's daily lives.
Subway station is only steps away. JR Ikebukuro station in 8 minute walk.
24-hour convenience store inside the building.
Sunshine city, one of the largest commecial complex in Tokyo, is just opposite the street corner.
It has an aquarium, a theature, a 60-floor observatory, a museum, a planetarium, and a big shopping mall.
If you walk toward Ikebukuro station, you will get everything you want, it is the second biggest station in Tokyo.
Walking access to 3 stations:
1) 8 minute walk to Ikebukuro station on JR Yamate Line, JR Saikyo Line, JR Shonan Shinjuku Line. Very convenient if you have Japan Rail (JR) Pass!
Ikebukuro also has Tokyo Metro station which is on Marunouchi Line, Yurakucho Line, Fukutoshin Line. The other lines are Tobu Tojo Line and Seibu Ikebukuro Line. It also has Narita Express.
From Ikebukuro station to
+ Shinjuku: 5 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Tokyo Dome: 8 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Shibuya: 11 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Harajuku: 13 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Tokyo: 17 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Ueno: 17 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Akihabara: 20 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Ginza: 20 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Odaiba: 30 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Roppongi, Asakusa: 24-28 minutes with only one transfer
2) 2 minute walk to Higashi Ikebukuro station on subway Yurakucho Line.
From Higashi Ikebukuro station to
+ Ginza: 18 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Tsukiji: 20 minutes by DIRECT train
+ Odaiba: 29 minutes by DIRECT train
+ The Imperial Palace: 17 minutes with only one transfer
3) 3 minute walk to Higashi Ikebukuro Yonchome station on Toden Arakawa Line.
How to get here from airports? By train or by bus or by taxi.
1) By train:
* Train from Haneda airport to Ikebukuro station: about 40 minutes, 670yen.
- From Haneda airport, take Keikyu-Kuko Line at platform 2.
- Get off at Shinagawa station and transfer to JR Yamate Line for Shibuya direction.
- Get off at Ikebukuro station.
* Train from Narita airport to Ikebukuro station:
If you have Japan Rail Pass (JR Pass), activate it at the airport and take Narita Express Ikebukuro.
It is totally free and DIRECT train to travel from Narita airport to Ikebukuro if you have JR Pass. You dont have to transfer to other train.
Please find the related information on Narita Express website.
If you don't have JR Pass, please follow the below route:
- From Narita airport, take Keisei Line Limited Express for Ueno, get off at Nippori station.
- Transfer to JR Yamanote Line for Ikebukuro/Shinjuku, get off at Ikebukuro station.
This way of transportation costs you about 1200yen.
2) By bus:
* Direct bus from Haneda airport to Ikebukuro: about 1 hour, 1200yen.
* Direct bus from Narita airport to Ikebukuro: about 2 hours, 3000yen.
3) By taxi:
* Taxi from Haneda airport: about 40 minutes; 12,000yen.
* Taxi from Narita airport: about 1.5 hour; 30,000yen.
Other Things to Note
* Children under 6 years of age are free of charge.
House Rules: * Please be quiet and discreet. Don't be too loud after 10 p.m.
* No smoking inside the apartment.
* Please eat at the dining room, not in the bedroom.
* Pet is not allowed.
* Please turn off all lights, air conditioner, heater, fan etc before you go out (Power is very expensive in Japan).
My son and I were travelling together; I stayed for a week and he stayed for a month. This apartment was perfect for the two of us. It is in an ideal location. You can literally walk across the street from the airport bus stop. There's a mall next door if you need to buy anything, and the restaurant/retail labyrinth around Ikebukuro station is 2 blocks away. If you want to be a hermit, just walk downstairs to the convenience store and get your dinner there. If you walk East, toward Shin-Otsuka, you can find quirky little neighborhoods that seem like the opposite of the high-rise stores around Ikebukuro.
Kim was an kind and responsive host. The information she sent was incredibly detailed and helpful for fist-time visitors to Japan.
You can find somewhat cheaper apartments in Tokyo, but the combination of value, location, and quality are pretty unbeatable.
This was the perfect location for our family. The host was very helpful and thoughtful about what we would need. Thank you for making our Tokyo vacation a success!
It is a very nice & tidy apartment. The location is excellent.
Thanks to Kim-San, we had a warm and hospitable stay at her Ikebukuro apartment. It was cozy, clean, very well-maintained, and had great amenities! Check-in was very smooth and the apartment is in a fantasy location. Next time we are in Tokyo, we'd love to stay at the same apartment again! Thank you, Kim-San!!
Another great stay here. Having a washer/dryer and kitchen accessible definitely made things easier for our family. Very close to shopping and transportation. Easy access to the convenience store on the first floor. As before, our host was very accommodating and communicative up to and all throughout our stay.
An excellent and convenient location in the heart of Ikebukero and Sunshine City. The property is located just above a 24 hrs convenience store and is only minutes from Ikebukuro, and the Ikebukuro Station on the Yamanote JR line. The price hotel is a convenient place to catch a limo bus to either Haneda or Narita. The apt has both a washer, dryer, microwave, hot pot, rice cooker , refrigerator and range. It has 3 balconies, and a bedroom with 2 double size beds separated from the sitting, dining kitchen area. No other place we stayed at had a separate bedroom. There is wifi and a complementary portable wifi device provided for use during your stay.
The owners were very accommodating and were in constant communications with us leading up to the trip, and during our stay. We would not hesitate to stay here again.