About the property
- Cabin3300 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Cabin, 5 Bedrooms + Loft, 3.5 Baths, (Sleeps 15-17)
'The Retreat on Badger' completed in the fall of 2011 is fully furnished with leather reclining sofas, granite counter tops and a breathtaking view of Bear Lake and the valley.
Perfect for family reunions or for a couple seeking a quiet getaway in Garden City. Cabin offers amenities such as a 47' 3D TV with glasses and surround sound speakers, and pool table on site. Cabin is equipped with sheets, bath towels, and bedding with washer and dryer onsite.
Property features include:
• MAIN LEVEL offers a spacious open floor plan with wall-to-wall windows offering a breath-taking panoramic view of Bear lake, access to fully wrap-around covered trex deck, picnic and barbecue; a fully equipped kitchen with solid wood floors, 9’ center island with bar stools, granite counters, open dining and family room with vaulted ceiling, open exposed log beams, and gas-log fireplace; family room includes leather reclining couch, sofa and recliner, 3D TV with 3D DVD player, Direct TV satellite and surround sound speakers with ipod/iphone adapter; half bath; laundry room with washer/dryer; and, master bedroom suite with double sinks, jetted tub and spacious shower.
• UPSTAIRS LEVEL is accessed by an open staircase to a loft overlooking the living room. A futon sofa (Full bed) and panoramic views of Bear Lake make it perfect for relaxing, reading, or enjoying games and conversation; two large bedrooms: queen log beds and full bath
• DOWNSTAIRS LEVEL provides access via staircase to the game room with t.v. for gaming, extra refrigerator, and pool table; two bedrooms: 1 queen log bed, 1 twin over full bunk and 1 twin over twin bunk.
* Kitchen includes dishes, knives and utensils, cookware and bake-ware, coffee-maker, dishwasher, microwave, side-by-side refrigerator, ice maker. Bathrooms and bedrooms include all bedding, linens and towels.
• This establishment is a NO smoking and NO pets allowed property. No exceptions made.
• AMPLE PARKING for vehicles, boats, trailers; minimum grade to parking, easy 2-3 steps to access main living area.
With year round access this recently completed cabin offers accommodations for skiing at Beaver Mtn, snow mobiling or summer actives at the lake.
Get it all at 'The Retreat on Badger'
Keywords: Home, Bear Lake, Cabin
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
excellent family getaway
Owners very responsive, this was out second visit. This cabin works well for our family.
Everything was wonderful. Had a great time with the entire family. Clean, well cared for property.
Perfect for our small family reunion
The Retreat on Badger was perfect for our family reunion of 17. The view of the lake is fantastic, and the proximity to Rendezvous Beach and Garden City was perfect. The cabin is beautiful and well-maintained. We enjoyed the games and puzzles, and the kids loved the play structure outside. There were enough beds to comfortably sleep 13 people and then an additional two futons which accommodated 3 more. The futon in the game room is not very comfortable, but we had kids sleeping on it, and they didn't seem to mind. There are linens for the futons, one comforter and a few light blankets. We could have used one more larger comforter for the second futon. The cabin is well-stocked with regular towels, but we could have used some extra hand towels, wash clothes, and bar soap. One of the showers wasn't functioning properly while we we there. When I contacted the owner she promptly offered to have someone come out and fix it. We managed fine with one less shower, but I appreciated her offer and responsiveness. Overall it was a fantastic stay, and we would definitely stay there again!
Accomidations were even better than we expected. Great Value
We have rented 3 different Cabins at Bear Lake. All had different pluses and minuses. This cabin is a wonderful setup for family gathering. Rec Room in the garage has pool table that was in use much of the time. The pingpong table had been recently broken, may want to confirm if it has been replaced if pingpong is an important consideration. VRBO writeup stated that access to the Ideal Beach resort was included, we called to confirm prior to visit and learned that resort access is not normally included. However, the owner was happy to leave entry passes. The Web site should be updated if resort access is not included. We found that everyone stayed entertained at the cabin and we ended up not going down to the resort. During the winter only the hot tub at is open anyway. If resort access is important I would recommend you call ahead and request that passes be left at the cabin. Great value for the price. Would highly recommend. We would love to visit again.
Such a wonderful and amazing cabin!! We loved the views! Mostly we loved how beautiful and very clean the cabin was!
We will stay here again!!
Wonderful property with amazing views of the lake. Great parking if you have boats and toys. We had 4 vehicles with boats and jetskis and had plenty of room for more. There were linens and blankets for the beds but if you need to use the futons, there were none. A few extra linens and blankets would be nice. There were nice little extra touches like little soaps and Febreeze in all the bathrooms. We had 15 of us ranging from 6 mo to 88 and we were very comfortable! The beds are very tall so if you are short like granny (4' 11"), getting in and out of bed was an adventure. We found folding chairs and used them as step stools. However, my 6' 6" son loved them. Game room was fun and everything is furnished beautifully! Nice and clean. Beyond our expectations for a rental. Did I mention the amazing views? Overall excellent property and we will be back!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Winter Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years) $355./night. Summer Holiday weekends (listed below) $519./night. (Memorial day, July 4th & 24th, Raspberry days, Labor day). Weekly discounts can be provided by contacting the owner.