Affectionately referred to as "the happy house" by family and friends, this sweet 5-bedroom mid-century modern home has been expanded and updated over the years to include many luxurious amenities, such as:
• a heated lap pool with a jetted spa and cascading waterfall (open in the summer only);
• an expansive blue stone patio that wraps around the pool and includes a grilling area, outdoor dining table, and comfortable lounge seating with cushioned armchairs and a couch;
• a separate pool house with a bedroom, full bathroom and living/dining/bar area with a cathedral ceiling and 2 sets of sliding glass doors that open onto the pool area;
• and a master bedroom suite that encompasses the entire second floor of the main house and includes a king bed, breakfast bar, entertainment center, sitting area, private deck, and luxurious marble bathroom with a jacuzzi tub for two, double sinks, walk-in shower and separate toilet room with a bidet.
Original features of the main house include:
• a sunken living room with a wall of windows, a baby grand piano, and a wood-burning fireplace (open in the winter only);
• a solarium-style "music room" (complete with hand drums and other instruments);
• and an open floor plan that is further enhanced by interior picture windows that allow light to flow between the kitchen, dining area, and TV room.
The TV room (with a gas-fueled fire stove) opens onto a 3-season porch with walls of windows that overlook the pool and waterfall.
In addition to the master bedroom suite on the second floor, there are 3 bedrooms on the first floor of the main house:
• one with a king bed (which separates into 2 twins, if necessary);
• another with a twin bed (with a trundle);
• and a third with a full bed. The third bedroom also has a private bathroom (with a jacuzzi tub), access to an office, and sliding glass doors that lead to the back yard.
The back yard is fenced on 2 sides, but open to natural forest in the back. Two sets of wooden jungle gyms are set up on the grass and available for children to play. Pool toys and floats are also provided.
The house is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, and is ideally suited for families and friends to gather and relax (hence the name "happy house"). With such a variety of indoor/outdoor spaces to choose from (breezy porch, sunny music room, elegant living room, cozy TV room, private deck, cushioned outdoor furniture for lounging under umbrellas or in the sun, jetted spa for soaking, or refreshing pool for swimming), it's easy to spread out and come together as you wish.
The fully-equipped kitchen is ideal for preparing snacks and meals*, which may be served at the breakfast bar, dining area (seats 10), or outdoor table.
We suspect you will not want to leave the house once you get settled, but should you choose to explore the area, the village of Woodstock is just minutes away. You can walk to the Village Green at the center of town, where you'll find galleries and boutiques, restaurants and cafes, theaters and clubs. Or you can explore the surrounding Catskill Mountain Park, which is full of scenic drives and hiking trails.
Other area attractions include the Hudson Valley to the east, with artsy riverfront towns and historic mansions, and the high peaks of the Catskills (and ski slopes) to the west. NYC is just 2 hours south, and easily accessible by bus with daily service between Port Authority and the Woodstock Village Green (no car needed for guests from NYC!).
Please note that due to severe allergies, shellfish of any kind are not permitted on the premises. Please inquire for details.
Out of consideration for guests with allergies, please note that pets are not permitted. Thank you for your understanding.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
A thirty day notice is required for cancellations. All cancellations are subject to a 10% cancellation fee or $100.00 (whichever is greater). Cancellations that are made more than thirty days prior to the arrival date will receive a full refund, minus the cancellation fee. Cancellations that are made within thirty days of the arrival date forfeit the full payment. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
If you think there's any chance that you may need to cancel your reservation, we strongly suggest that you consider purchasing travel insurance to protect your trip. Thank you!