|Space||2,600 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
BOOKINGS and AVAILABILITY : Please contact us directly at www.pettyharbourhouse.ca.
Lovingly restored by its owners, Harbour House is a charming four-star vacation home with three well-appointed apartments located in the picturesque fishing village of Petty Harbour. We have one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments that are fully self-catering - each with a full kitchen and dining area, living room with cable TV and wireless Internet, comfortable beds with high quality linens, and four-piece bathroom. Each apartment has its own private outdoor area with BBQ.
Harbour House really is the best of both worlds: it's the perfect retreat for people who want to experience the wonders of a scenic Newfoundland outport but be just 15 minutes away from the fine dining, theatre and museums of Newfoundland's largest city, St. John's. Golf, kayaking, bird watching and a host of other outdoor pursuits are also easily accessible. For hiking, the spectacular East Coast Trail is just steps away from the front door.
Things To Do & See
Petty Harbour, with a population of approximately 950 people, has been a working fishing village since the 1600s. A local heritage museum, open during the summer months, tells the story of the community and surrounding area.
This area is a hiker's paradise, literally on the doorstep of the East Coast Trail which follows the rugged Atlantic shore for over 500 kilometres. Some of the highlights of the trail include The Spout (a wave-driven geyser), eight historic lighthouses and a 50-metre suspension bridge.
Chafe's Landing, a restaurant located in a 150 year old home, is right next door. There are other restaurants and takeouts nearby. Also in the community are craft shops, artists studios, a convenience store, liquor agency and post office.
There are dozens of tourist attractions and activities within a day's drive:
- Regular whale-watching tours leave from nearby Bay Bulls and Witless Bay. These tours also include the sea bird sanctuary, home to puffins, petrels and murres.
- The Colony of Avalon archaeological site is just down the coast at Ferryland. Take a tour of the dig and then enjoy a gourmet picnic at the Lighthouse.
- Cape St. Mary's ecological reserve is one of the most accessible places in the world to see nesting seabirds including kittiwakes, cormorants and more than 24,000 gannets.
- Mistaken Point has rare and well-preserved pre-Cambrian fossils and has been nominated to be an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The Avalon Wilderness Area is home to the most southerly herd of Woodland caribou.
- There are several golf courses nearby, including a championship public course with panoramic views of St. John's and the surrounding coastline.
- Brook trout and Atlantic salmon are abundant in the ponds and rivers of the region.
- Outdoor activities: Sea kayaking, boating, mountain biking, horseback riding, swimming and more are all available.BOOKINGS and AVAILABILITY: PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY AT www.pettyharbourhouse.ca.
Three night minimum booking, except last-minute bookings or shorter available periods between other bookings.
Additional People: $15 per person per night for each additional person.
Pets: $15 per day. (Minimum charge $50)
Trail Connections Package: Price is $160 per person per day (based on double occupancy) or $190/day for single occupancy per room. Single traveller surcharge is $80 per night. Accommodation, transportation to and from the trail each day, and delicious, hearty meals are all included.No smoking inside the house.
Have fun and enjoy your stay with us!