Sunny, bright, open concept cottage on sparkling Baptiste Lake, 10 minutes (road access) to Bancroft. Everything about the cottage has been recently built to enjoy the spectacular views of the lake. The dock is west facing to enjoy the setting sun at the end of the day and to enjoy the maximum amount of sun during the day. You will enjoy swimming off of the dock, or wade in and play along the shallow sandy water's edge. All rooms in the cottage, including the 3 bedrooms, have beautiful lake views.
- A wall of windows in the living room provide stunning views of the lake
- All bedrooms have a lake view
- 3 bedrooms - sleeps 7
- Master bedroom has a queen bed with its own private deck
- Second bedroom has a double bed
- Third bedroom has a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and single on top
- Fully equipped kitchen including fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, (regular and Nespresso)
- Drinkable water - sourced from a well and is purified by ultra-violet system and filter
- One new 4-piece bathroom (combined shower and bath)
- Large living room with TV and DVD that plays movies
- Dining room table that seats 8 - 10
- Multiple outdoor eating areas including a deck with outdoor table and chairs for 4 facing the lake
- Wood burning stove and/or furnace
- Propane BBQ
- Lakeside fire pit
- There is no landline telephone but you can get cell service here depending on your carrier (Bell is best)
Bancroft, only 10 minutes away has convenient shopping facilities including a LCBO, the Beer Store, 24 hour grocery stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, many restaurants, banks and a hospital with walk-in clinic. Every day there is a Farmer's Market in town featuring fresh, local produce and baked goods. The town boasts 2 golf courses (one 18 hole, one 9 hole) with several more within a 30 minute drive.
The cottage rents Friday PM to Friday noon in high season (summer). Other arrangements can be made on request
Weekly rate $1700 in high season (July and August up to the end of Labour Day weekend)
Weekly rate $1300 in low season (September and June)
No weekend only rentals
Baptiste Lake is a 3 lake chain, connecting to Elephant Lake and Benoir Lake which flows into the south edge of Algonquin Park. There are over 36 miles of deep clear water allowing for plenty of boating, great swimming and fishing (Walleye, Bass, Trout, Pike and Muskie). The Baptiste Marina is not far away from the cottage and offers boat rentals and gas, as well as other supplies and service.
Our new dock is west facing to enjoy the sun during the day and the sunsets in the evening. The water is deep off of the end of the dock which is great for swimming.
Included in the rental are many water toys including 2 kayaks and a stand-up paddleboard with plenty of life jackets.