|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
Charming historic guest Cottage completely restored, all new upgraded interior, all the modern conveniences of home - It's a cozy secluded hideaway located at the rear of the property behind our Vintage Spanish Style Ranch House – Perfect Place for a couple, a small family or two couples - This Charming Little House is
an idyllic Honeymoon Cottage, great hang out for Hot Rodders in Town to Take in the Car Culture, comfortable and ideal for Business Travelers in town for a Conference or Convention in the Resort District, Or of Course, a Small Family On a Disneyland Vacation.
Unwind After a Day of business or Exploring Southern California - Enjoy the Garden space While Helping Yourself to the Property’s Sun-ripened Oranges or Limes Plus Disneyland’s nightly Fireworks show
License with City of Anaheim, REG #2015-00121
The Guest Cottage Includes:
• Direct TV and free Netflix
• Free High-speed Wi-Fi Throughout the Property
• Printer Access Upon Request
• A Front Porch
• Side Patio for Barbecuing And/or Dining Alfresco
• Playing Cards, Dominoes, Toys for Little Ones, Books
• fully-stocked Kitchen (pots, Pans, Plates, Dinnerware, Small Appliances, Coffee Maker, Microwave, Stove, Oven, Etc.)
• fully Stocked Bathroom With Shower/tub, Shower Stool, Hair Dryer, Curling Iron and Toiletries
• Safe for Valuables
• Laundry Room With Washer/dryer, Steam Iron, Ironing Board and Household Supplies
• A Portfolio With Maps, Places to Go/eat/experience and Enjoy including some Personal Favorite Places to Visit, Eat and Shop.
We Love History, Antiques, Hot Rods and Sharing Our Spacious Property With Our Friendly Old Black Lab “buddy.” Our Old ’55 Ford Pick-up Truck, Affectionately Known As “yellow Dog,” is Now the Lone Survivor of a Long line of Cars, Trucks and Hot Rods We’ve Owned, Restored and Loved.
As Much As We Love Sharing Information On the Southern California Car Scene, Local History and Recommending Great Local Places to Visit, Rest Assured We Respect Our Guests’ Space and Privacy.
We Are Here to Make Your Stay Comfortable and Pleasant While You Get to Make the Memories that Last a Life Time. Just Next Door, We Are Only a Shout or a quick Text Away if You Need Anything.
We Look Forward to Meeting You Soon,
Ron and Gail
About the Surrounding Historic Area:
• Our Historic Home and Guest Cottage Are Just One of Many Restored Homes Located in Anaheim’s Historic Colony District, actually the 1st planned community in California.
• Take a Short Walk Around the Block and See Everything from a Late 1800’s Queen Anne Victorian to Quaint Duplexes from the Late 1940’s.
• Continue Your Walk Around Another Corner and a block to Our New Hipster/foodie Hot Spot – “the Packing District” featuring The 1919 Packing House, Farmers Park and the Packard Building housing the Anaheim Brewery
Within a Short Walk You Can Visit Such Interesting Places As:
• The Muzeo complex including the only Original surviving Carnage Library in Orange County Serving As a Museum/gallery – an Ever-changing Cultural Experience.
• Small Unique Specialty Shops and Dinning.
• The Frank Gehry-designed Anaheim Ice Rink, Home of the Anaheim Ducks practice/training.
• Four Beautiful and Unique City Parks Are Just a Short Walk from the Cottage.
• For More Practical Purposes – a Post Office, Multiple Banks, CVS Drug Store, Walmart Express, Von's, Starbucks Are All Within an Easy Stroll.
Other Means of Transportation Available:
• If You Prefer Not to Navigate Our Local Streets Or Freeways, Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) Offers a Variety of Transportation Services at Reasonable Rates with a transit stop just Steps Away from the Cottage.
• ARTIC our regional transportation center located Next to Anaheim Stadium and the Honda Center, Provides Train/airport Bus Connections to ART Service from the Packing District and Back. ART Also Provides Service to Local Shopping Centers Including the World-famous South Coast Plaza.
We Are Located:
Only 1.5 miles from Disneyland 5 minutes by auto from Disney's parking structure providing free tram service to the entrance of Disneyland or California Adventure.
• 6.6 Miles Away from the Orange Circle – the Best Antique Shopping/browsing in OC. You Might Recognize the Circle and Some of Its Storefronts from Movies Filmed in and Around Orange Including Tom Hanks’ “that Thing You Do!”
• 37 Miles (50 to 90 Min. Depending On Traffic) from Hollywood / Universal Studios
Southern California Beaches:
• 19 Miles from Huntington Beach – Visit 'surf City' for Nearly 9 Miles of Uninterrupted Beachfront, Brilliant Sunsets and One of California's Finest Piers.
• 18 Miles to Newport Beach Pier and Balboa Island’s Famous Fun Zone.
• 24 Miles to Laguna Beach – This Famous Beach Town is an Unforgettable Blend of Sophisticated Art and Relaxed Laissez-faire Culture. if You’re Here During the Summer, Make It a Point to Visit the Sawdust Festival for Something to Remember Your Vacation by Or the Pageant of the Masters.
• 45 Miles North is Santa Monica and Venice Beach. Discover 3.5 Miles of Sun-washed Sand Seen in Countless Movies and Tv Shows. Enjoy a Stroll Along Ocean Front Walk, Past the Children's Playground International Chess Park and the World-famous Muscle Beach.
• Take a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island. As the Old Song Says, "it's Just 26 Miles Across the Sea, Waiting for You and Me!" a Fun Family Boat Trip from Dana Point, Newport Beach Or Long Beach Harbors.
Cottage Offers Easy Access to All Local Freeways:
• Closest to I-5
• I-91 to Riverside and Beyond
• Local Freeways 57, 22, 55 and 405 Can All Be Accessed in Minutes from Our Central Location.
We both grew up in the mid-west and moved to California in the late 70's partially for the perfect year round weather and the car culture located here as well as the opportunity for change. After purchasing our first house in Anaheim we found we loved its central location, easy access to freeways in every direction, not to mention the beautiful sea breeze every afternoon that keeps us cool. Drawn to the beautiful old homes around the center of the original city we next purchased a 1924 Pacific Ready-Cut Kit home and shortly after that became involved in the local historic preservation movement and politics. As a result I served two terms on the Anaheim Planning Commission and one term on the City Council. During that time I also had the opportunity to write “Anna’s Home by the River” an Anaheim history book written for and given out to our third grade students each year. A copy is in the cottage. Due to declining health with MS, Ron was forced to end his career early as the Chief Engineer at one of the high rise hotels in the Resort District. However he has kept up his interest in meeting new people, old cars, and hot rods along with sons who share his passion for pretty much anything with an engine and wheels. We have three adult sons who all live nearby and six grandchildren ranging from seven to 25. When we travel our favorite places to stay are historic hotels/motels or bed & breakfast inns mostly because of the interesting and friendly people you meet that way.
Gail purchased this cottage in 2009
We moved to this property in 2009 because of the space it offered and the opportunity to have Ron’s elderly mom have a place of her own right next door. She loved the secluded, yet secure cottage right next door to us where she got to spend time with her grandchildren and the little ones she adored. Buddy was her dog too and by her side much of the time. Since she left in 2011 we have been slowly redecorating and transforming the cottage into an inviting and very special place for our out of town family and good friends to spend time with us, you may read some of their comments from their stays in the reviews. We have always had in mind that it would be fun to open our cottage up to some of the many people who visit this special city we live in and love. Our neighbors and friends who have done that with their cottage two doors away have enjoyed the experience so much that with their encouragement we were finally ready to open our cottage for new guests in summer of 2015.
One of the Most Unique Things About Our Cottage is the Size and Location of This Property. Our Lot is Over 13,000 square feet and in the Middle of Anaheim's first Historic District Which is Evolving from just Small Town Neighborhoods to a More Urban City. So the Kind of Space and Privacy We Have is Rather Rare in This Part of the City. We Have Taken Great Care to Design and Maintain a Native Style Landscape That Honors the History of This Region and Conserves Water Over the Entire Property. Spot Watering by hand is the Only Kind We Do Around the Cottage. Native Trees, Succulents and Flowers That Thrive With Little Water dot the property. There Are Many varieties of Birds, Including Humming Birds, and Butterfly’s Around the Property All Year Long. You'll Not Find Any Turf in our yard. We Along With Most of Our Visitors Love the Fact That We Are So Close to Everything yet so private. Walk Just Around the Corner to Tony’s Original Deli for a Man Size Sandwich and a Beer or a Few Steps Further Is, an Anaheim Original and the Only Thing Like It in Orange County. With Fun for All Ages, The Packing House is filled with 20 unique Food and Drink Choices Too Numerous to List, plus Live Music some evenings and weekends. It’s All Right Here Surrounding Us While We Are Tucked Into Our Secluded Little Corner. Plus With a Convention Center That Hosts Continual Conferences and Conventions, Disneyland, California Adventure, Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, the Grove and Downtown Disney All Within Less Than a 5 Mile Radius A Perfect Location if You Are Looking for a friendly, relaxed Atmosphere. We Are Close Enough to the Busy 24/7 Environment of the Resort District to Reach Any of Those Venues Quickly and Easily But Far Enough to be Relaxing, Quiet, and Peaceful.
The cottage is gated and so close to Disney, the interior had great decor and many amenities as in private WiFi, washer and dryer, full fridge and freezer TV dishwasher and the owner was very accommodating. Would definitely recommend staying here.
This beautiful cottage is only a 6 minute drive from Disneyland. Gail gave us a remote to the gated property that made us feel very safe.We loved seeing the fireworks from the deck every night. Gail was a great host, and showed us everything we needed to know. She even had toys for my daughter inside and outside the house. Anything you can imagine youd need is stocked in the house. It is very cozy and although it was hot outside the house was cool. Even their dog buddy made us feel like we were at home. There was a lot to do only a few block walk; packing house, parks, and Tony's deli which is right around the corner (fantastic sandwiches). When we come back to Anaheim we would love to stay there again. Thank you Gail and Ron!
This was the perfect place for my kids (11, and 9) and I to stay for a get away during spring break. It was truly like a retreat for me personally - the comforting decor, and quiet spots to read, journal, and rest. The location was perfect too: charming neighborhood for morning jogs, a quick walk to the Packing House for dinner, all close to the freeway. The kids also loved it! The big drive way to play, wonderful fireworks at night and of course all the stations on TV. They were also able pick delicious oranges straight from their tree and eat them. Gail was wonderful. She was so quick to respond and her hospitality so welcoming and warm. I appreciated the welcome basket and that the kitchen had everything I needed, and more! Thank you Ron and Gail, and I hope to be back again in the future.
I cannot thank Gail and Ron enough for letting us rent their cottage. It was a perfect little piece of home for my family of 4 to stay while visiting the LA area for a whole week. The cottage is quiet and very clean with all modern amenities. It was well stocked and it was great to have the washer/dryer. Our hosts were friendly and very knowledgeable of the area. We really appreciated our welcome basket and they had toys/books for my kids, 2 and 7, to play with. My kids had plenty of room to play inside and outside. We were not even 5 minutes from Disneyland by car. It was nice to watch the fireworks from the patio. Hands down, one of the most memorable vacations. We highly recommend a stay here.
This is a beautiful, well maintained, updated cottage which reflects the relaxed atmosphere of California perfectly. This home was exactly what our family of 3 needed, and exceeded our expectations. We needed a place to close to the Anaheim Convention Center and Disneyland, and Gail & Ron's property is less than 10 minutes away. Wanting the option to cook our own meals, do our laundry, and have a quiet place to retire each night, this house was a perfect fit. The owners are extremely accommodating, and while they were just across the driveway, we had all the privacy we wanted. Feel confident in booking with this family, we always will.
“My wife and I had a great March vacation, escaping the snow back east, while staying in the cottage. Ron and Gail were super to work with. Ron loves old cars/trucks (his 55 Ford pickup) and Gail loves the historic areas of Anaheim. They also know southern California and suggested possible day trips. They have lots of knowledge of the area to pass on if you need it.
The area is safe and secure. I walked 1 to 3 miles each day shopping, eating, looking, or just wandering. You could walk to Disneyland or take a bus or just chill at the cottage. The house is safely current with everything we needed. The Disney fireworks at night were free and beautiful. The oranges made the best orange juice ever. Save some for us, we will be back again in 2016. Pat and Dave”
Southern California has been the center of the car culture since the 1950's. This location is perfect to attend hot rod shows, classic car event, drag racing or visit famous car builders shops all year round. We especially enjoy visitors in the area for all types of motor sport events because we are familiar with them all.
Disneyland host marathons and half marathons through the streets of Anaheim several times each year, many times passing within a block or two of the cottage.
Both Angels Baseball and Ducks Hockey frequently go to the play offs and have won national championships. We enjoy hosting visiting fans for such events and are only 3.5 miles from the Stadium and Arena where it all happens, we can even share the local short cuts in and out of those venues.
The Anaheim Convention Center is the largest one on the West Coast and expanding. Thousands visit here each year to attend or participate in conferences or conventions like NAMM or the Natural Products Show. This is the perfect location for anyone who likes to be close to the action but not in the middle of it once they leave the Convention Center..
|Cleaning||$90 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
US Dollars (USD)
The reservation deposit must have been submitted when the reservation was confirmed or accompany the signed rental agreement with a copy of your valid driver’s license or passport. The Guest Cottage is subject to availability until the deposit, ID and signed agreement are received.
Reservation for a stay longer than two weeks requires an additional housekeeping fee of $75 per cleaning, every two weeks. (Cleaning fee may be subject to change, if booked 6 months or over in advance.
The rate applies to 2 adult guests, no charge for 2 children 6 years old or younger, there will be an additional fee of $10 per night for each additional adult or guests over 6.
Cancellation policy; 100% of deposit if canceled at least 30 days prior to arrival date.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.