|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
‘She sells seashells’ and total, utter beachfront privacy. Zoom into Seashell on Google Maps and the location gets better and better. It’s directly on the beach, halfway between TPC Sawgrass and the historic charm of St. Augustine. You arrive at Seashell’s front door straight off the stunning Scenic A1A. It’s then you realize you’ve got the Atlantic Ocean all to yourself.
Be our guest! Brand new to the rental market following a gorgeous renovation, Seashell is ready to impress its very first visitors. A beach house with every modern convenience, yet packed with cottage charm, you’ll enjoy HDTV and free WiFi while recalling Ponte Vedra’s early days of the twenties and thirties. Neutral décor leaves the home’s main features to steal the show: its high beamed ceiling, white-washed walls and wide ocean views. This is the classic family beach bungalow people dream of inheriting.
Seashell is an ideal spot for bird-watchers and anyone with an appreciation for nature. Spend time with your binoculars spotting all manner of shore birds, and perhaps sea turtles, dolphins and migrating Right whales. For a more tactile approach, enjoy hours of shell-hunting right outside the back door.
The master bedroom has its own ocean views, allowing you to sneak peeks of the sunrise without an ounce of effort. The pair of single beds in bedroom two are equally idyllic after a tiring day of fresh sea air. A third bedroom with double bed means there’s space at Seashell for up to six guests. This single-story home will especially suit guests with mobility concerns or families with children they need to keep an eye on.
A brand new kitchen gleams with sweet stainless steel, including a French door fridge and deep, under-mount sink. The island breakfast bar, topped with granite counters that match the warm colors of the sand outside, is a perfect place to plan your day – will you head north or south on the A1A?
As for ‘the little things’, a stacked washer-dryer makes beach living clean and convenient. There’s an outdoor shower to keep sand separate from your time on the couch.
Between bed and the beach, a screened back porch is ideal for cuddling up to enjoy coffee as the sun rises. When ready to boogie board it’s just a barefoot race through your own backyard on to Ponte Vedra beach itself.
If you love a new take on classic beach memories, be the very first to try life at Seashell.
Hi! My name is Steve Milo and I started Vacation Rental Pros in 2006. Our family stays in vacation rental homes whenever we travel, both domestically and abroad! I own several vacation homes and listen carefully to all our guests' feedback. Our greatest compliment is when folks refer Vacation Rental Pros to their friends and relatives. We now manage over 1,800 properties in Florida, Tennessee and South Carolina. We have homes in Ft. Myers Beach, Orlando, St. Augustine Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, Ponte Vedra Beach, Hilton Head and Gatlinburg. We booked over 15,000 rentals and received over 5,000 guest reviews in 2016. Please call if you need help booking your dream vacation!
We loved the cottage atmosphere! My kids loved the yard to play in and the beach. I was just so happy to be away!
When we arrived all the bed spreads and quilts had soda and grass on them so I had to wash everything. The living room tv had no sound. The bathroom drain was clogged. Tried to tell management but never got a call back. Will never use this service again to rent a house.
There were several issues with the home which were inconsistent with your descriptions provided:
1. Upon our arrival there were 50 to 100 dead insects throughout the house and patio. We had a 14 month old baby with us (and even if we didn't have the baby) this was disturbing and was something we needed to address immediately. We did call concerning this, but this was not something we wanted to live with for even an hour much less until the next day when housekeeping could remedy it, so we took it upon ourselves to sweep up 2 dustpans full of dead bugs. I did take a picture of one of the loads of dead insects, if you would like me to provide it to you. There was a cobweb in the doorway as you entered one of the south bedrooms, so it was clear that nobody had been through the house ahead of time.
2. There was a Boil Water Advisory, which we understand is beyond control, but still was something you should have made an effort to advise us of. The sign in front of the house was folded in half and blown down and was not noticed until the next day. Thank goodness we had brought our own bottled water and were drinking that...fortunately no one became ill. Still very unsettling to find out about after being there for 24 hours.
3. There was no cable TV as described, as a matter of fact, there was a notice from Comcast on the door warning of problems with service being interrupted due to nonpayment.
4. The exterior of the house was far from "pristine"...window sills were covered in a dirty layer, spider webs, wasp and mud dobber nests were under several of the eaves of the house. The outside patio was dirty as well, with the framework of the screened porch covered in a film of dirt. Dead bugs throughout.
5. The back yard, pictured as manicured and green, had not been mowed for some time, as evidenced by tall weeds including a lot of large sand spur plants, thus rendering it useless.
6. The window air conditioning unit in the north bedroom (covered by draperies in your description) does not work properly--the fan works but the compressor never kicks in to cool. The central unit for the south bedrooms and kitchen does an adequate job, but does not reach the north bedroom, so it remains uncomfortably warm. We spoke with maintenance and expected him to come by, but no one did so.
I attempted to address these concerns through emails, direct calls to Mr. Milo and never receive any kind of followup. Very poor customer service.
The house was perfect for a small family gathering. The outdoor spaces were great especially the screened porch, fire pit and deck to the beach. The kitchen was remodeled and well stock with everything you need to cook especially the new cooking pots and pans.
You can not beat the location, it was like having our own private beach. We loved the patio/screened porch and yard area, but especially the access to the beach. Very nicely done on the inside with plenty of seating for 5 people, even if he house itself is small. I would highly recommend a queen bed, even if you lose a little floor space, with a new mattress, in the bedroom to the left. Also, spend the extra money and increase the channel lineup on the TV. Thank goodness it is a Smart tv with Netflix. The screened porch is wonderful. Make sure the front outside lighting works and I would mark the entrance to the house better, it's difficult to find at night. Overall we had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our visits to St. Augustine. Housekeeping provided good customer service, although I did not receive a response from maintenance.
104 miles to Disney World, 50 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Marine Land, Museums, St Augustine Historic Town, Symphony Orchestra, Theatre, 35 miles to Jacksonville Airport, Ponte Vedra FL, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL